fight and stabbings at California Gurdwara

Mehtab Singh

one time i went to yuba city gurdwara because some relatives were holding a phaat, and these two groups were there, i sat down with my cousin to eat langar, and and within minutes these two groups of people fighting with each other like little girls right acorss from us accusing each other of looking at each other in a bad way this and that small things and they started to all fight right over us, my cousin and I kept still till they came right o ntop of us and then moved out the way, they stepped in each others food the daal etc went flying everywhere, all the plates were smashed but incredibely both of our plates remained untouched and as they were even though the groups were fighting right overt it, all other plates didnt even look like plates anymore

these same shameless ppl didnt care to clean up at all, got more langar, when cops came none would blame themselves and they all turned goongay

This is wrong on so many levels. The sad thing is, this sceanrio could be played out in any Gurdwara Sahib anywhere in the world. I personally think there should not be commitees in Gurughars. As always the two sometimes 3 opposing sides try to point score amongst each other.

Instead as you do need someone in charge finances should be controlled by trustees, with full disclosure avaliable to the sangat. All bank statements on notice boards every month. Donations are to be made public and any sangat member can be present. Better still the charavah should be counted infront of sangat after samaptee. All other decisions should be made by the whole sangat not just the commitee board members, this could be every Sunday after the diwan. This is just of the top off my head it most probably is not practical but can anyone really say they whole heartedly trust the majority of Gurdwara commitees?

This made me really sad because something somewhat similar is happening in my local Gurdwara. And to know that the same situation is in many other Gurdwareh in the world is really depressing. People bring their personal problems into a holy spiritual place. What kind of examples are we setting for other people and our future generations? Is a Gurdwara really a place for politics? I agree with the previous poster there should not be a need for committees to exist. Saareya nu aapdeh chaudar di payi reihndi ah. Teh Guru Ghar nu mazak samajh rakheya. Jado rab di lathi pau gi odho samajh au gi saareya nu. We go to the Gurdwara to learn something and connect with Maharaj but when things like these happen we can't even concentrate :(

Pata nai ki hou ga aapna. Gurdwareh tah sambhal nai hundeh aapni committees toh, bakki ki umeed karni.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use