fight and stabbings at California Gurdwara

Mehtab Singh

http://fox40.com/2012/11/11/melee-at-sikh-temple/

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=91055&sitesection=&VID=23884867

Melee at Yuba City Sikh Temple, 2 Men Stabbed

YUBA CITY–

Dozens of men battled each other with brooms, shovels and knives in the parking lot of the Tierra Buena Sikh Temple Saturday night.

“We know who was fighting, we don’t know who started this,” one of the directors told FOX40.

Of the temple’s 4,400 members, many of them attribute recent violence to a shift in leadership. The old board is forcing an election while the new board is preventing one. FOX40 tried to get in touch with the old board, but they didn’t respond immediately.

In the midst of the chaos, two men were stabbed and more than a dozen were pepper sprayed. Deputies have not yet identified the victims, nor the attackers

Sangat needs to find all involved in the fight and ban them from a 10 mile radius and appoint very very honest Sikhs to take care of the fund with weekly Or daily financial reports where there can be no hera feri.

If we sit down and allow this to continue we are condoning it. I'm literally sick to my stomach it is horrible.

Will we keep letting this happen??!

We still have those around? :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

Sadly, I think the large majority of honest Sikhs run a mile from Gurughar politics and management. Who wants to be slandered, harried and mired in the typical Panjabiyat nonsense, all whilst in the hazoori of Guru Sahib?

Although I'm certain there's a few brave souls who withstand the brickbats and see it through because their love for the integrity of Guru Sahib and his ghar overrides any personal feelings. Those are bigger and better Sikhs than I'll ever be.

Sangat needs to find all involved in the fight and ban them from a 10 mile radius and appoint very very honest Sikhs to take care of the fund with weekly Or daily financial reports where there can be no hera feri.

If we sit down and allow this to continue we are condoning it. I'm literally sick to my stomach it is horrible.

Will we keep letting this happen??!

Veer its easy to say but really hard to do :/ because eventually those people that try to get the initial culprits punished most likely end up getting corrupted also. And it just becomes a really nasty war defaming each other and in some cases they even start defaming women and its just really nasty.

*Saying this from personal experiences*

I'm so sick of all of this. Like someone previously said, go to gurdwara, matha tek, mind your business and come home. Sometimes there is no other option left.