Sikh girls marrying out of religion

Guest gator_sikh

Guest Alexendria Morgan

Alexendria Morgan your post makes it sound that Sikh males are looking for physical attraction. Sikhs are above such lowly behaviour. Ask your 'surveyed' women whether they would live with the in-laws and make sure in-laws are completely taken care of. Food is made when and how many times they want everyday for the rest of their life, house is clean, kids are fed, clothed and sent to school. Decisions in the house cannot be made without asking in-laws first and before getting their okay. Western women are about self happiness at other expense and do not think for a second about sacrifice. Sikhi is about self sacrifice. We don't sacrifice animals, food, or someone else's possessions. Sikhs are slaves of their elders and Akal Purakh. Western women want a guy that lives for his wife's happiness. Sorry, but the wise Sikhs have taken a read of Sri Charitorpakhyan and know what is in store. I might be generalizing, but the 1%er's of the western female population does not make them pure and holy. Many western women have started marrying Sikh background men for their bank roll. Name me any ten white, black, Caucasian, Latinas, and Mexican women that have done as I described above after marrying a Sikh without ending in divorce and I will prepare a long list with over 200k plus of women that came from a Punjabi background that have done it.

White, black, caucasian, latinas, and Mexicans women want the in-laws stuck in a seniors home, while they go on vacation with the in-laws hard earned money. Happiness does not come from a women, vacation, or kicking in-laws to the curb. Honestly, you sound like one of the members from 3HO who has come here to spread their gospel. If you want to honestly motivate Sikh men then read up on Sikh history and read the translations of Gurbani in English with no preconceived notions. Read up on the story of Bhagat Prahlad who still gave his father respect after his father tried to destroy him. Many Sikhs are built on these rocks. The only Sikhs which you can influence with your propaganda of attraction is low self-esteem Sikhs due to ignorance. If you or your friends ever find such a Sikh. Make sure to keep him away from strong minded Sikhs because they will pull the shutters before his eyes and he will awake from his deep sleep. Where your life of "happiness" will be shown the door and the door to in-laws would be open wide.

Dear I Have read your comment about 4 times and I could not get what did you want to say...Maybe I did not that mean what did you get.

I have answered according to the question "sikh girls marrying out of the religion". got it?? what did you say I can have little sense what did you want to say...

Listen now, who told you that I am saying sikh guys are looking for physical attraction?

my answer is if a sikh guys stands in the middle of ten white guys who will become the center of attraction?? obviously a sikh guy? right? and If any western girl starts to like or love him ? is that bad? between its my personal experience where sikh guy explains clearly about his faith and identity to the other girl before he gets involved in the relation with that non sikh girl. and don't under estimate the western girls.. they ain't dumb and at least not "bimbo" as I always hear this word from non sikh guys for sikh girls. They are educated girls having some high intellectual level.. I don't compare them with the world but I can definitely compare them with that Indian Girls..Got it

Next thing, definitely sikhs are not with lowly behaviour.. because sikhism teaches how to do love with the waheguru god..these are useless things where modern sikh guys and girls are busy in searching their partners...there is waheguru who have managed everything already for guy and girl both.. Sikh is the love all pyaar di game and get blended with the love of god.waheguru..

Next thing, problem of western girls with indian sikh in laws??

Then I say that's not our fault ..This fault can be related with those in laws

My real elder sister who even married to Gursikh guy in newyork has the same problem..guy's parents are not ready to accept her. the reason she is outsider..she is not our type of person, she is not our community's blood, she is not from sikh family, she is gori. she does not have caste... oh whats her caste ..she can be addicted to drugs and sex she will have bad impression on her....whats her surname.... kids,Blah blah blah..Did you notice something?? all ritual and superstitious beliefs were from Hinduism.did they react like a sikh ??? NOOOOOOOO they did not...In this way about 95 percent western women get tired and exhausted in other ways like leaving her husband or divorce. My sister said her husband if she accepted your obligations and she also accepted your family and don't worry we are not allowed to have servants obviously we know how to cook,,how to serve others,,how to take care of kids and how to clean the house. :p

Your hypocrisy is that your family how to feed it..Care about sikhi not about families..Care about the existence of sikhi for future generations..Stop being mummy's kid...As a nice woman everybody knows her duties to her husband and her family.. problem does not lie with us,,problem is your indian culture that you always relate it with sikhism..okayy...

okayy I am happy I am not angry if you say only 1 percent population of western world cannot make them holy and pure...But I am pretty sure those 1 percent holy and pure girls can make sikhi holy and pure and each sikh guy can have one nice woman from 1 percent western world very easily.

Lol.The other thing you told me is really ridiculous ..we go for bank roll? HAHA sorry if we really have to go for bank roll then I say british guys are the best guys for this purpose and one side they will spend money for us and a free drive for uk. wow.....( where every girl wants to go). Silly guy if it was really then you can even search on google a british born model and party night girl ( whose father is in some big ministery ) married to simple Nihang from india in 2011..I dont know her name but she has the same first name of me.. and their are many such examples where a western girl is accepting simple and ordinary lifestyle after getting fed up with materialistic life..when a person realizes the spiritual peace ,,He or She runs behind it to grap it...because its hotttttt..

I dont know Every where you cried for in laws ...but I have read sikh marriage is the process of getting two bodies into one soul to follow waheguru being away from the worldy pleasure and attraction ..where from in laws came?

BTW there is a great difference in sikh guy and sikh girl when they do interfaith marriage .. where non sikh girl enjoys the rich culture and great warmth of sikhism there a sikh girl who loses the same things..And women 's equality is the big thing for girls like me in sikhism..even Christianity does partiality with women somehow.. Sikh girl will miss such respect and equality in other religions surely. and conflicts arise later.. One more interesting thing. sikh guy carries his religious look everywhere whether he is baptized or non baptized ..so any non sikh girl always get excited to know more and more about the reasons behing it and it works as collecting information about the guy's religion..but about sikh girls non baptized girls dont wear turbans and they look almost same like other girls so when they fall in love with any other guy., Generally it has been seen none of them talks about the religious beliefs in earlier stages but when they decide to marry after a long journey of love or after getting married they face conflicts....These are obvious cases..

Happiness do not come from vacation and women and other things

you are right obviously because These are all worldly things They cannot give us peace of mind..Acceptance of sikhism means simplicity and do the love with waheguru,with one almighty... and what did I sound to you ,I really dont care because I know what am I. I m outsider and I m still learning and I feel I have still enough knowledge of history of sikhism and I have participated in debates either in my university .. and yeah I am also learning to read SGGS in its own language Gurmukhi too ...and the sikh guys you talk about who have low self esteem are getting haircut over here because who cut there hair either for job or girls. but yeah on the other hand here are also sikh guys with turbans having high self confidence and dignity who get high profile jobs in administration and living with beautiful wives of all races..Thanks God bless you..

what is the b/s above another perfect example of "only five" typing before thinking!

Sikhs are not slaves of their elders, yeah help your elders out because they have given you so much but live your life for you, only do it if you want to do it, sikhs are NEVER I REPEAT NEVER slaves

2Ask your 'surveyed' women whether they would live with the in-laws and make sure in-laws are completely taken care of. Food is made when and how many times they want everyday for the rest of their life, house is clean, kids are fed, clothed and sent to school."

Think about what impression you are giving out, the women singhs require are as confident as the men, we do not subscribe to roles of making food and cleaning the house for women, oh how the stories of Mao Bhago are lost on people like yourself. if thats the type of woman you want to look for go ahead but please dont make assumptions for all sikhs! p.s i dont agree with "attraction" either being the only option of choosing!

Guest Alexendria Morgan

what is the b/s above another perfect example of "only five" typing before thinking!

Sikhs are not slaves of their elders, yeah help your elders out because they have given you so much but live your life for you, only do it if you want to do it, sikhs are NEVER I REPEAT NEVER slaves

2Ask your 'surveyed' women whether they would live with the in-laws and make sure in-laws are completely taken care of. Food is made when and how many times they want everyday for the rest of their life, house is clean, kids are fed, clothed and sent to school."

Think about what impression you are giving out, the women singhs require are as confident as the men, we do not subscribe to roles of making food and cleaning the house for women, oh how the stories of Mao Bhago are lost on imbeciles like yourself. if thats the type of woman you want to look for go ahead but please dont make assumptions for all sikhs! p.s i dont agree with "attraction" either being the only option of choosing!

HAha..Exactly What I have felt too.. He wants girls to be slave of husbands and his family ...he is showing the mentality of level where he stands..its sad!!

Guest Ksingh5

atheism is as dangerous as Islam for western and civilised societies because atheism = break down of social order and societies and families. The feminist extremists and homosexuals and racist Darwinist intellectuals are in charge in a mangled mess of a society where no one knows whose in charge everyone is lost and confused. Murderers, gangsters, rapists and muggers/robbers are given a free reign while the capitalist atheist politicians in govt jails people for minor financial crimes and letting off their mega rich banking financier paymasters.

Islam = Totalitarian control of families, societies and social order you have virtually no say or discussion now islamic state is run because only the mullahs do.

So we as Sikhs need to ensure Sikhism is supreme and is ready to take over from Christianity because if Islam takes over which it looks likely it will at present analysis then our future generations and "free peoples" of the world face a very bleak future under the dark shadow of arab supremist Islam

My friend you compare Atheism to Islam and what have you based this conclusion on?

Yes, I'm an Atheist, I was a Sikh once and an amrithdhairi, I saw no difference in the Sikh religion and all other main stream religions. The Sikhs I have spoken to are all deluded in this thought that we differ from all main stream religions but never have I been given a strong answer to challenge my opinion. It’s for more easier for me to make an comparison between Islam and Sikh religion and straight away I can read through some of these posts, many of you do sound like Islamic fundamentalists:

· The need for conversion

· You cannot marry outside of your religion

· The Sikh temples need to enforce a stronger policy on Sikh marrying Sikhs

Are Sikhs that scared about the religion becoming extinct that you require the following to keep it alive.

Majority of the youth followers joining the religion are heavily influenced by the Sikh political issues in the late 70’s and 80’s. The hatred fuels your religion, shocking, same as Islam.

Suddenly the need for the religion to be recognised as separate ideology from all Indian faiths, sounds allot like how Islam wants to separate its roots from all Abrahamic religions. The similarities are very visible. Is it not few years back Akaal Thakat, the political body of the Sikhs announced, you cannot be called a Sikh until you have become an amrtihdhari Sikh. Straight away the Sikh religion has decreased it’s numbers of its followers.

As Sikhs you allow a religious political body to run the religion, which is located in a completely different country and cultural differences are never taken into consideration, damn this sound allot like Catholicism. At least in Catholicism they have strong number of followers.

The acceptance of non Asian Sikhs is becoming an issue regarding mainstream Sikhs e.g. 3ho Sikhs. Similarity again with Islam, the ongoing conflict between Shia, Sunnis and Sufis. May not be on that scale but it’s understandable as the Sikh religion is not as large.

People from India (Hindu) who I have spoken to, acknowledge Sikh religion is different, it’s a branch of Islam and the core philosophy is more Islam then Hindhu. Now you tell me how is that so? Sikhs are suppose to be distinct, well non Sikhs don’t see that distinction. Majority of the studies. Which are conducted within India regarding religion, the Sikh religion is acknowledged as Abrahamic religion then Dharmaic. Well how has that suddenly changed, maybe to do with the internal misunderstandings within the religion.

After independence of India and Pakistan, main stream Sikhs have continued to push Sikhs out of the religion because they viewed the teachings differently to the main stream and the number of Sikhs got smaller. Sikhs seem to have this trend of pushing its followers out.

Atheism has allot of flavours, which is fantastic. Why would someone bore themselves with eating the same food every day. Looking at the Sikhs religion through history, there were many flavours many Philosophies maybe that was the reason why I was attracted to it, But, as a Sikh you only can go so far before the holes in the religion start to appear and when you question, you are told to be silent and accept it. As a Human being it’s in my nature to evolve, learn and question.

Why would I need to follow something that was written 500 years ago.

HAha..Exactly What I have felt too.. He wants girls to be slave of husbands and his family ...he is showing the mentality of level where he stands..its sad!!

Let me paint a pretty picture of your culture. Your parents are kicked out of the house they worked hard for. You stick your parents in senior homes where the nurse don't care for one second and you only look at how much it will cost more to keep these old bags around for few more years. Many of your parents are out on the streets begging for a hot meal. They are on drugs due to all the stress they face for when their so called loving children kicked them out. Your parents took care of you for 18 plus years and when it comes to repay that debt, they are on the streets. Pension money they can't survive on so either they sell the house or sell it to one of you who makes them into slaves. They ask for money from you and you deny them funds. Don't remember for one second that they spent their life savings on ungrateful children. Any title they own, you want as some how you earned it sitting around on their couch making out with different guys while they are in the house. Among siblings the fight continues for years who should take care of the parents in the courts. And the only reason one of you step up to the plate is because they have a lot of funds collected over the years of making an honest living. So their goes their money in court battles for their money among siblings.

So any Sikh or Punjabi parents will not want an ungrateful girl in the house. Thanks to your culture many Punjabi women have adopted it as the truth.

fyi I do everything myself for household chores. Follow the instuctions of the Gurus to respect and take care of parents and wife parents. If you have a problem being a slave, then re-think why you are becoming a Sikh. Leave your immoral culture at the door. We have generations of generations who sacrifice themselves for respect and giving back debts to elders. While your culture has many generations of parents hanging on to the last thread of money before their children fight over who will pay the bill for their funeral.

And if you want to see a perfect example of your culture. Let's look at the 3HO on elders. Yogi Bhajan gave the hippies an idea on how to make money. So Yogi Bhajan made up different companies and started generating money for the 3HO cult. He acted as a father, teacher, and Guru to the 3HO. As soon as he passes away all the 3HO children get into huge court battles for Yogi Bhajans companies and money. They didn't think to take care of Yogi Bhajan's wife, but only cared for his money and even though his wife is alive, the 3HO children want to take the money by force from her.

This is the way your cultural people act. They can dress in white and wear white turbans, but they show their true colors.

Guest guru_ki_fauj

I saw no difference in the Sikh religion and all other main stream religions. The Sikhs I have spoken to are all deluded in this thought that we differ from all main stream religions but never have I been given a strong answer to challenge my opinion.

That is because your questions like yourself were retarded enough to be ignored rather than answered.

Are Sikhs that scared about the religion becoming extinct that you require the following to keep it alive.

Sikhs becoming liberal has resulted in the creation of mutated minds such as yourself.

Majority of the youth followers joining the religion are heavily influenced by the Sikh political issues in the late 70s and 80s. The hatred fuels your religion, shocking, same as Islam.

So what did you expect Sikhs to do after the catastrophic events of 1984? Sit around like ducks and get eliminated by our foes? No wonder you left Sikhi, its a lion's faith, you being a chicken can go fetch yourself another one.

Suddenly the need for the religion to be recognised as separate ideology from all Indian faiths, sounds allot like how Islam wants to separate its roots from all Abrahamic religions.

If you had read Gurbani you would know how stupid you sound. Sikhi has been different, distinct and unique from not just all Indian faiths but also the Semitic ones.

The similarities are very visible. Is it not few years back Akaal Thakat, the political body of the Sikhs announced, you cannot be called a Sikh until you have become an amrtihdhari Sikh. Straight away the Sikh religion has decreased its numbers of its followers.

Since you've left Sikhi, little are you aware that Sikhi is about quality and not quantity.

At least in Catholicism they have strong number of followers.

Yeah, now go be a Catholic, we'll see how long you last there.

The acceptance of non Asian Sikhs is becoming an issue regarding mainstream Sikhs e.g. 3ho Sikhs.

Its not an issue, we're proud of our non-Punjabi Sikh brothers and sisters who have infact enriched the community even more. Why are you jealous?

People from India (Hindu) who I have spoken to, acknowledge Sikh religion is different, its a branch of Islam and the core philosophy is more Islam then Hindhu. Now you tell me how is that so?

Tomorrow they will see you as someone you don't think you are, will that change anything about you? Hindus and Muslims can claim Sikhi as their sub-sect till the cows start flying, who gives a damn? The fact is what is mentioned in Gurbani that Sikhi is distinct.

Sikhs are suppose to be distinct, well non Sikhs dont see that distinction. Majority of the studies. Which are conducted within India regarding religion, the Sikh religion is acknowledged as Abrahamic religion then Dharmaic. Well how has that suddenly changed, maybe to do with the internal misunderstandings within the religion.

No, it is because of biased and paid scholars who like to create confusion in the minds of the youth.

After independence of India and Pakistan, main stream Sikhs have continued to push Sikhs out of the religion because they viewed the teachings differently to the main stream and the number of Sikhs got smaller. Sikhs seem to have this trend of pushing its followers out.

Don't blame your chicken-hearted nature on Sikhs kicking Sikhs out of Sikhism. You were the one who lost the plot so speak for yourself. You are the one who left Sikhi, no one kicked you out, and if they did, you must have been pretty loose who couldn't hang on to it, loser!

Atheism has allot of flavours, which is fantastic.

Go ahead and poison yourself then you mow-raun.

Why would someone bore themselves with eating the same food every day.

Why do you call your parents as Mom Dad throughout your life? Do you get bored of your parents too? Gurbani is Guru Sahib Himself, He is our Eternal Father. Too bad you were blind enough not to see it that way.

Why would I need to follow something that was written 500 years ago.

For all we care, you can go ahead and follow something that began yesterday and then also die with it tomorrow.

Guest Surinder Kaur

There seems to be a common theme to some of the threads on this website – Punjabi women bashing. Not only by Sikh men but now also joined by non-Sikh probably western women (Alexandria Morgan). Its very sad, making such generalisations. Please take a look in your local gurudwara – you’ll see plenty of decent Punjabi women/girls – most of which are keeping the gurudwara going with the seva they do. Whichever gurudwara I’ve visited there seems to be more women than men . Its easy to blame the female, its been done since the beginning of time and that is what our Guruji’s warned us about. When Punjabi/Indian women marry they tend to marry into the family which brings responsibilities other than just being a wife – I don’t think it’s the same for a western women married to a Sikh so think these women should think twice before judging others and joining in with these negative comments.