Need to Find Amritdhari

Gurpreet14

But what about the force coming out from society and parent to get married?

I will not marry any non amritdhari person at any cost... i wabt to know the answer from sikh guyss.....

Parents usually use "emotional" blackmail to coax their children into getting married. I know forced marriages still take place, in India children are still physically forced into getting married.

However outside of India its more emotional blackmail.

Forcing somebody to do something against their will is not right and goes against the basic human rights of that individual and it is in direct conflict with SatGuru Jis teachings.

You must make it very clear to your parents that you will only get married to an practising Sikh male who has taken amirt, if that is your wish.

Communication can work wonders..

Sister, If you have just taken Amrit, right now concentrate on improving your spiritual jeevan. Keep more rehet, strict Amritvela, add more bani to your Nitnem. With the grace of Guru Jee you will find a suitable partner one day. When the time for marriage comes, talk to some elder Gursikh or ask your parents to talk to some elder Gursikh about a good Rishtah.

Never say never :)

I agree, never say never.

I might step on alot of peoples toes here, but taking Amrit doesn't make you a good person. there is of course the Rehit.

You can say to any future husband of yours that "look buddy, if you want to marry me, then you have to first love SatGuru ji and then me"...

Good luck on your journey.

Parents usually use "emotional" blackmail to coax their children into getting married. I know forced marriages still take place, in India children are still physically forced into getting married.

However outside of India its more emotional blackmail.

Forcing somebody to do something against their will is not right and goes against the basic human rights of that individual and it is in direct conflict with SatGuru Jis teachings.

You must make it very clear to your parents that you will only get married to an practising Sikh male who has taken amirt, if that is your wish.

Communication can work wonders..

Your words are true..... i will stick to my instincts :) letz see...

Never say never :)

Why never say never.....??

Pick it up :p

Sister, If you have just taken Amrit, right now concentrate on improving your spiritual jeevan. Keep more rehet, strict Amritvela, add more bani to your Nitnem. With the grace of Guru Jee you will find a suitable partner one day. When the time for marriage comes, talk to some elder Gursikh or ask your parents to talk to some elder Gursikh about a good Rishtah.

There one incident happened that i cam to know..... one marriage happened where munde nu kirpa pake... amritdhari kudi naal viah karata oda... tai...i have started searching for someone... from noww.. n i want to knoe the ways.... I would like to share one thing here..... i had Boyfriend... he was Sikh,,,, iwas not having any wrong relation with him... but wen i became baptised... he left me saying nothing... being sikh made him to fall apart... so what would i expect from other sikhs.... marriage i can live without it.. but what about force from family?

I agree, never say never.

I might step on alot of peoples toes here, but taking Amrit doesn't make you a good person. there is of course the Rehit.

You can say to any future husband of yours that "look buddy, if you want to marry me, then you have to first love SatGuru ji and then me"...

Good luck on your journey.

oh ok :) but i cant force someone to become... baptized... :) letz see thanks for ur gud luck :)

oh ok :) but i cant force someone to become... baptized... :) letz see thanks for ur gud luck :)

Your words are true..... i will stick to my instincts :) letz see...

Why never say never.....??

Pick it up :p

The thing is, you don't know what is going on inside somebodys mind do you?

I also think its not a good idea to get rigid. What I do is, I say to myself, "What would SatGuru Ji do in this situation".

Concentrate on your Sikhi, on becoming Khalsa. Just taking Amrit doesn't make you Khalsa, in my personal opinion. It takes much more.

Ultimately leave everything to Vaheguru (thats a good way for me to end this, as I have run out of things to say, plus I am watching Prometheus in 5mins, lol)

The thing is, you don't know what is going on inside somebodys mind do you?

I also think its not a good idea to get rigid. What I do is, I say to myself, "What would SatGuru Ji do in this situation".

Concentrate on your Sikhi, on becoming Khalsa. Just taking Amrit doesn't make you Khalsa, in my personal opinion. It takes much more.

Ultimately leave everything to Vaheguru (thats a good way for me to end this, as I have run out of things to say, plus I am watching Prometheus in 5mins, lol)

:) Ryt i should concentrate on Sikhi :) rather then finding humans :)