~ Seminar on Nirmale, Sevapanthis and Udasi Sikh Order/Samparda ~

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While there isn’t any controversy on Nirmala order being started by Guru Sahib, there is, however, contention on how it started and the purpose of this order. It is a popular story that five Sikhs wer

Nirmale order- Udasi - , sevapanthis - http://www.sewapanthi.com/about.html

If Guru Gobind Singh Ji had 52 kavis in his Great court, why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji have to send people to banares to learn sanskrit?

Not sure..do we have dates regarding 52 kavis in his great court..may be 52 kavis were there after singhs were sent to kanshi. I think they were kavis/poets not really recognized scholars from banares.

Not sure..do we have dates regarding 52 kavis in his great court..may be 52 kavis were there after singhs were sent to kanshi. I think they were kavis/poets not really recognized scholars from banares.

Siri Kalgidhar SatGuru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaaj actually had more than 52 kavis, the number is close to 125. Google Gurinder Singh Mann and watch his video on dasam granth.

If Guru Gobind Singh Ji had 52 kavis in his Great court, why did Guru Gobind Singh Ji have to send people to banares to learn sanskrit?

bro how can you compare kavis(poets/translators) to scholars of traditional indic philosophy, medicine, literature, spiritual sciences etc of which benares was the HQ...its the difference between just merely translating sanskrit to actually understaning it, also having access to huge quantities of traditional indic spiritual literature, ..the nirmale were created to ensure khalsa never had to rely on bhramins for access to indic scriptures....and its essential we are well versed in traditional hindu scriptures because most if not all concepts/sakhis originated from those granths...dont cut off your nose to spite your own face

I wonder why Sir Max Arthur Macauliffe would say that the inevitable absorbing of Sikhi was inevitable without state support (Khalsa Raaj). I wonder why he said that Sikhs go to brahmans/pandits and have gone back to hindu devi/devte environment. I wonder why Singh Sabha movement had to take place and Sant Attar SIngh Mastuane and Sant Gurbachan Singh Bhindranwale and many other Sikhs had to go across all of India and re-establish what Sikhi was.

A good read for everyone - brilliant post made by Bijla Singh paaji :

http://www.sikhsanga..._40#entry542092

Another great one that counters a lot of baseless stories that people are tricked into believing and then promoting :

http://www.sikhsanga..._50#entry542196

We don't need Sir Max Arthur Macauliffe to tell us about sikh orders. If one questions nirmale/udasi/sevapanthis orders, one automatically questions damdami taksal lineage as damdami taksal jathedars are intertwined with nirmale so much so that one could take taksal out of nirmale but one cannot take nirmale take out taksal. A minute we pick and choose to promote our own bias/pre-conceived notions of sikhs we loose all credibility in academia.....!!!

This thread was simply to post seminars on nirmale/sevapanthis/udasi with youtube media..not sure how this became samparda bashing thread, are we that insecure and paranoia that we cannot see anything safron/pagva and history behind it? ...even sri singh sahib jathedar gurbachan singh ji - jathedar of sri akaal takth sahib are tired of these fanatics - listen to him above..time to re-gain control from ultra elitist revisionist...love to get dalsingh101 input in this.!!!

So instead of posting sources and real historical references you're insulting people by calling them <Edited> Sikhs (no idea what that is) and discrediting Sir Max Arthur Macauliffe by saying he can't tell us about Sikh orders? That sounds very close-minded and taliban like.

Was Sir Max Arthur Macauliffe also bhausauria mindset or was he just another ole' firangi who should have been dealt with? He actually worked with real Gianis at that time.

Wah@bi sounds like wassabi.

I agree, I always love DalSingh101's posts. He's always balanced and never goes on any extreme unlike people who are bhasauria mindset and those who completely discredit Singh Sabha and justify the udasis who installed idols in Gurudwaras and promoted brothels around Harmandir Sahib.

edit- Similarly I've found Bijla Singh's posts are always balanced.

What sources do you want? We have earliest nirmale literature dating 1740 pandit gulab singh work, we have pyara singh padam work on sikh sampardavli which mentions history of udasi, sevapanthis, nirmale, we have the own singh sabha pioneer bhai kahn singh nabha mahan kosh talks about nirmale..what else do you want? I am sorry i don't have ferengi resources..i will leave that up to singh sabha guys to pick up..!!!!!!!!

What sources do you want? We have earliest nirmale literature dating 1740 pandit gulab singh work, we have pyara singh padam work on sikh sampardavli which mentions history of udasi, sevapanthis, nirmale, we have the own singh sabha pioneer bhai kahn singh nabha mahan kosh talks about nirmale..what else do you want? I am sorry i don't have ferengi resources..i will leave that up to singh sabha guys to pick up..!!!!!!!!

That would be a start, any idea where I can read up on this from independent 3rd party sources and/or their actual work?

Well singh, after centuries demonization, de-moralization of nirmale and udasi and sevapanthis its quite insulting to see demonization, de-moralization to this day..!! I don't know how many times i have posted nirmale contributions to history here to set the record straight but people with bias will always have bias...this thread was simply to post the videos of seminars. There are plenty of proof available on their history and their lineage, but people want to hear what they want to hear..i cannot convince anyone. But i do hope, one day puratan samparda's do get well due respect back by mainstream..things are changing- it was amazing to see sri akaal takth jathedar gurbachan singh ji in the event so no one cultist/right wing nut bar/bhausaria panthi/protestant type can claim that it was anti-panthic..!!!

That would be a start, any idea where I can read up on this from independent 3rd party sources and/or their actual work?

what 3rd party source? like ferengis? 3rd party source? singh sabha not good enough for you?