kesh

Guest singh 1987

Guest singh 1987

gurfateh

i have been growing my kesh for about 16 months but my kesh are still not very long and my brother cuts his hair but some times he grows it fir few months and its almost as long as mine, i dont think i took good care of my kesh as i never used to apply oil, brush hair everday, i was told you should wash your hair everday if u can but sum people say this damages the natural oil in our hair, so can anybody tell me how i can make my kesh grow faster and longer and how shouldi tie it up, what is the method to wash your hair befoe ishnan and after and how do you dry with hairdryer etc, sorry for lots of questions but i jus want to know what the best methods are for looking after kesh

Guest Goldilocks

washing it twice weekley is OK for some people but if eg, you train daily the you may want to up the frequency of washing. That said daily washing isnt healthey for your hair. It takes a day or two for the natural oils to secrete from your roots and hair - this is what naturally conditions your hair.

You want to look at your diet and nutrition. The typical western or desi diet isnt the best. eat plenty of RAW fruit and veg. Try using a nutritional supplement, either a good multi-vitamin or even better Perfectil by Vitabiotics. This is specifically for hair, nails and skin and has some good reviews.

Also if you wear a pagh/keski let your hair 'breath'. After wearing it all day take it off when you get home aand let some fresh air get to your head and hair. Many guys and girls will not do this, but the rancid smell that comes from some peoples hair (when I taught turban tyin) becasue they keep it covered with a dumalla type pagh ALL the time and only wash then oil it once a week. It does make me want to throw up.

Use only plant based oils, NOT mineral based oils eg baby oil or any other oils with mineral oils in it. Check the ingredients. Ideally it should only contain what it says on the label ie olive, mustard, almond oils etc etc.

Guest goldilocks

for yor hair rub dabar amla its 2good

Again, from what I recall Dabar Amla oil is mineral-based; ie the similar thing that makes petrol/diesel, plastics etc.

Granted, it may smell nice and have extracts of the beneficial stuff, but do you really think its healthy for yoour hair?

But as stated by innergear you may want to look at you dietary protein intake.

Hair growth happens at the root, and is effected by both genetics and nutrition. The quality of the hair and resistance to breaking is effected by the same two things. Your brothers DNA is different than yours (unless he's your identical twin), so his hair might very well grow differently. Don't worry about that.

I've heard that besides a generally balanced diet and healthy lifestyle, making sure you are getting enough protein, zinc, iron, and vitamin B are good. There are actually "skin-hair-nails" vitamin supplements that have all of that and more. That should do the trick - a protein shake in the morning wouldn't be a bad idea either. Also, don't tie your joora too tight, let your hair down at night, and when you comb/brush it - work from the tips up and do it gently. You'll outdo Fabio in no time.