Shastarvidiya - In West Midlands ?

Hammertime007

Maybe we can come up with a kahavat or saying regarding people like him for the future. "Lai pange bethare, khar leya karobaar joor. Pana le Niddar ne apne Hadh-Tor!"

:toohappy: :yay: :excited: :chairspin: :swing: :happyjumper: :slipperyhug: :evil:

LOL :)

ok guys if we could keep the comments to the topic and not get offensive or abusive, our aim is not to ridicule, insult or hurt anyone

lets do this like sensible Gurmukhs and just stick to proving that sanatan ideology is wrong, that is all.

I know a lot of people have upset about nidars teaching and his students cheekyness for many years but i have urged everyone to stand down and let us do this peacefully and with intelligence, by disproving the ideology with gurbani and evidence.

At the end of the day some of his students will listen some will not even read the articles, if some want to leave Nidar then we need to be more welcoming and be able to sit with them in a civilised manner and have a conversation without getting angry like a pindu and just hurling abuse.

always maintain composure and always remain calm - The Gurus never lost composure, spoke sternly but always remained calm and at ease, with conviction as they knew no matter what anyone says the Truth will Always be Truth and if not proven here it will be proven in the afterworld, in front of the Satguru, all the bhagats, dharam raja, the devtey and other wordly beings.

please do not be abusive as I seek answers and do not want to drive any of his students away......

just because they are brainwashed by nidar does not mean they are not good decent people aswell..

Gurmukh Vair Virodh Gavavai

Akaal ji Sahai!

Wjkk wjkf,

I went to nidar nangs akhara way back in 2008, this is an account if what gappened

1. I was told to remove my kara by nang, 'we dont believe these should be on all the time' were his exact words

2. He took me to one side, 'did you think i was a sikh?',.yes i said, 'im hindu-sikh, im sanatan' said nang

3.'you have to eat meat and drink alcohol', otherwise you cant fight was point 3

4. He swore at two midlands based gatka ustads, calling them the 'punjabi' word for womens private parts.

All this was in the space of 2 hours....i left....never ever returned...never will....

I truely feel sorry for the innocent individuals caught up in this cult....

This was at the namdari akhara..

If you want taran paji, i am willing ti sign and date a typed copy of this letter...

Wjkk wjkf

Wjkk wjkf,

I went to nidar nangs akhara way back in 2008, this is an account if what gappened

1. I was told to remove my kara by nang, 'we dont believe these should be on all the time' were his exact words

2. He took me to one side, 'did you think i was a sikh?',.yes i said, 'im hindu-sikh, im sanatan' said nang

3.'you have to eat meat and drink alcohol', otherwise you cant fight was point 3

4. He swore at two midlands based gatka ustads, calling them the 'punjabi' word for womens private parts.

All this was in the space of 2 hours....i left....never ever returned...never will....

I truely feel sorry for the innocent individuals caught up in this cult....

This was at the namdari akhara..

If you want taran paji, i am willing ti sign and date a typed copy of this letter...

Wjkk wjkf

I dont attend the Akharas, but I have in the past. for the record I dont follow Sanatan beliefs either I went purely to see what the martial art was like after speaking to a friend who was heaviily incolved with Filipino based arts Kali, panantulan, eskrima etc...SV was recommended to me by my friend who said it looks to eb the real deal... Anyway..

It is correct, Karas and Kirpans are removed at the start of the lesson as is jewellry such as ear rings, chains etc.. This is to avoid injury during training, your performing grappling, techniques etc it;s not safe especially if your wearing chunky Karas. I dont personnally see the problem with this... I have also attended MMA classes where you either have to remove your kara or cover them with a sweatband and tapen the swetanamd down...again it's for safety...

Yes, I have also heard Niddar Singh refer to himself as a "Hindu-Sikh", didnt personally bother me .. I wasnt there for a religious lesson...everyone is free to have their own belief set.

I have NEVER heard what you decribe as "'you have to eat meat and drink alcohol', otherwise you cant fight was point" . I have however heard Niddar Singh quote from books during class, like Panth Prakash, Suraj prakash etc..and others examples from history that state Sikhs and Nihangs were not Vegetarians and Jhatka is warrior tradition.

As far as swearing at Gatka Ustaads go...you probabably did hear such comments . I cant really disagree...anyone trying to pass off "syncronished bhangra and giddah" as the traditional Sikh martial art...clearly has issues...it's a great insult and degradation of great swordsman and warriors such as Sukha Singh Bhujangi etc..to suggest that the art form they emplyed was "Gatka"..

I can agree with the removing certain items as i was once wrestling with a friend and got stabbed with his kirpan , so after that we would remove our kirpans to wrestle....

we have been hearing similar things - Nidar students do seem to have an air of superiority about them

i can also confirm that if you are a vegetarian they think its hilarious, and see you as a coward

once one of nidars main students asked me -

why don't you eat meat?

i replied "i do not care who eats and who does not, but i think of the effect on others, my mother , beleives that an amritdhari sikh should be vegetarian, and not drink, and being the only amritdhari in my family, she is very proud that one of her sons is a Singh, if she were to find out that i had eaten meat (whether right or wrong) it would break her heart - who am I to do that to her, why break her heart? for what ? a few tastes. eating meat proves nothing just as being vegetarian proves nothing, it just does not feel right for me and not important to me at all"

he had no reply.

as for cussing down other martial artists, this strikes me as insecure - a good martial artists is able to view other arts with an open mind and realise the social and community aspect the gatka gives to little children and be able to accept others and their ways.

i would never go to someone elses archery club and take the piss out of the little kids shooting at bosses only 10 metres away and say "what amateurs - as you pretty much cant miss from that distance! call yourself archers"

mocking others martial arts is just ego which is rampant within martial arts teachers everyhwere, everyone who does martial arts thinks their martial art is the best, the real deal, the best thing since sliced bread, the ONLY real combat art!, and the key to self defense, the ultimate art and so on ....

read this thread its hilarous, some guy asks which martial art is best and they all a kick off in disgust! http://oelie.antville.org/stories/1065372/

"pai ka hoo ko dait ney, na pai maan dhyaan"

I can agree with the removing certain items as i was once wrestling with a friend and got stabbed with his kirpan , so after that we would remove our kirpans to wrestle....

we have been hearing similar things - Nidar students do seem to have an air of superiority about them

i can also confirm that if you are a vegetarian they think its hilarious, and see you as a coward

once one of nidars main students asked me -

why don't you eat meat?

i replied "i do not care who eats and who does not, but i think of the effect on others, my mother , beleives that an amritdhari sikh should be vegetarian, and not drink, and being the only amritdhari in my family, she is very proud that one of her sons is a Singh, if she were to find out that i had eaten meat (whether right or wrong) it would break her heart - who am I to do that to her, why break her heart? for what ? a few tastes. eating meat proves nothing just as being vegetarian proves nothing, it just does not feel right for me and not important to me at all"

he had no reply.

as for cussing down other martial artists, this strikes me as insecure - a good martial artists is able to view other arts with an open mind and realise the social and community aspect the gatka gives to little children and be able to accept others and their ways.

i would never go to someone elses archery club and take the piss out of the little kids shooting at bosses only 10 metres away and say "what amateurs - as you pretty much cant miss from that distance! call yourself archers"

mocking others martial arts is just ego which is rampant within martial arts teachers everyhwere, everyone who does martial arts thinks their martial art is the best, the real deal, the best thing since sliced bread, the ONLY real combat art!, and the key to self defense, the ultimate art and so on ....

read this thread its hilarous, some guy asks which martial art is best and they all a kick off in disgust! http://oelie.antvill...tories/1065372/

"pai ka hoo ko dait ney, na pai maan dhyaan"

I agree, but we are talking about "proper" martial arts here...Gatka as far as concerned is an exhibition art for stages it's not a valid martial art. Theres no problems or issues with Gatka..but ustaads really need to stop telling people lies and mistruths that Gatka is is the puratan cobat art of the Sikhs when theres clearly too many nmissing aspects i.e: no hands free combat system,,no notion of correct usage of weapons in terms of length, weight , usage etc.. too many things to go into I dont know why people seem to accept what gatka ustaads say without any questioning. any martial artist or intelligent person can clearly see theyre charlatans..In a way Gatka ustaads do exactly what people here accuse Niddar Singh of..they bring in youngsters and "brainwash" them into their brand of Sikhi...In this case it's the same Sikhi as a lot of mainstream Sikhs follow so no-one has any issue with it..infact they encourage it..

There is a healthy amount of respect between martial artisits of different art froms. which is why you'll know Niddar Singh holds seminiars frequently with Pat O Malley (Rapid Arnis, Eskrima FMA), Maul Mornie (silat Suffian Belan Diri) and others...theres no mockery amongst these practioners of "real" combat arts,

Certain things I do agree with you on, for those who are insecure in their own Sikhi or beliefs or who will listen to someone without questioning and doing their own research then maybe the SV akharas are not for you. Niddar SIngh does have his own particulur belief set and is different to that of mainstream Sikhs. Personally I only went for the martial arts angle , and I wasnt disapponinted I dont have any doubts abouts the authenticity of the combat system,lineage historical links into Sikh martial heritage background etc..

I think a lot of people deliberately twist certain aspects to suit their own agendas...I have never witnessed any "worship of devis". there was a ridiculous comment about caste system made by someone claiming Niddar Singh wont touch or spar with anyone from lower castes..that I can confirm is absolute rubbish...I have seen hindus,muslims,white christaims, Sikhs of all castes and backgrounds I didnt see any discrimination of any kind based on caste,creed, colour or ethnic background.

For anyone actually intrested in puratan Sikh martial heritage, combat systems, weaponry, culture I would say your missing out if you dont go the akharas and see for yourself. Leave the politics and viewpoints etc out of it..let the internet warriors and jathebandis argue that out amongst themselves.;..

I agree, but we are talking about "proper" martial arts here...Gatka as far as concerned is an exhibition art for stages it's not a valid martial art. Theres no problems or issues with Gatka..but ustaads really need to stop telling people lies and mistruths that Gatka is is the puratan cobat art of the Sikhs when theres clearly too many nmissing aspects i.e: no hands free combat system,,no notion of correct usage of weapons in terms of length, weight , usage etc.. too many things to go into I dont know why people seem to accept what gatka ustaads say without any questioning. any martial artist or intelligent person can clearly see theyre charlatans..In a way Gatka ustaads do exactly what people here accuse Niddar Singh of..they bring in youngsters and "brainwash" them into their brand of Sikhi...In this case it's the same Sikhi as a lot of mainstream Sikhs follow so no-one has any issue with it..infact they encourage it..

There is a healthy amount of respect between martial artisits of different art froms. which is why you'll know Niddar Singh holds seminiars frequently with Pat O Malley (Rapid Arnis, Eskrima FMA), Maul Mornie (silat Suffian Belan Diri) and others...theres no mockery amongst these practioners of "real" combat arts,

Certain things I do agree with you on, for those who are insecure in their own Sikhi or beliefs or who will listen to someone without questioning and doing their own research then maybe the SV akharas are not for you. Niddar SIngh does have his own particulur belief set and is different to that of mainstream Sikhs. Personally I only went for the martial arts angle , and I wasnt disapponinted I dont have any doubts abouts the authenticity of the combat system,lineage historical links into Sikh martial heritage background etc..

I think a lot of people deliberately twist certain aspects to suit their own agendas...I have never witnessed any "worship of devis". there was a ridiculous comment about caste system made by someone claiming Niddar Singh wont touch or spar with anyone from lower castes..that I can confirm is absolute rubbish...I have seen hindus,muslims,white christaims, Sikhs of all castes and backgrounds I didnt see any discrimination of any kind based on caste,creed, colour or ethnic background.

For anyone actually intrested in puratan Sikh martial heritage, combat systems, weaponry, culture I would say your missing out if you dont go the akharas and see for yourself. Leave the politics and viewpoints etc out of it..let the internet warriors and jathebandis argue that out amongst themselves.;..

Sorry son, Gursikh Gatka Sheres don't lie down with giddar nangs.

Akaaaaaal!