Nagar kirtan beadbi.

TheFancyBanana

There's so much work to be done to change the mindset. What I have noticed is many of the elders do not feel they have produced a panthic piece of literature unless they have printed a Gurbani tuk or Ik Oankar as a header. I have had this debate with many over the years and they still bulk produce leaflets the following year with bani. The worst is when these leaflets end up on the toilet floors, on the floor by public bins.

Keep the parchar at camps, workshops etc where we have access. As time goes on the people who attend these camps/workshops etc will go forth and pass the mindset on to others. Problem is it's more long term than short term...

waheguru ji ka khalsa , waheguru ji ki fateh

Also has anyone read or seen Sahib newspaper it is full of gurbani. I wanted to know is the owner the same guy (Ranjit Singh Rana) who is presenter on sikh channel or sangat channel. I'm not sure which one.

I've contacted a few newspapers in the past and they all have started being quite aggressive on the phone and don't see anything wrong in it.

It upsets me when I see gurbani being disrespected. Its the same on wedding cards, people think that by having a pankti of gurbani on their card they'll get some kind of 'good luck' on the wedding.

Can someone write a template letter so we can post it to a few printing companies and newspapers informing them of the beadbi. I haven't got good literature skills.

There's so much work to be done to change the mindset. What I have noticed is many of the elders do not feel they have produced a panthic piece of literature unless they have printed a Gurbani tuk or Ik Oankar as a header. I have had this debate with many over the years and they still bulk produce leaflets the following year with bani. The worst is when these leaflets end up on the toilet floors, on the floor by public bins..

yes, i had a word with the gurdwara panjabi school about them sending letters to the kids with khande on it, as i saw one of these in a bin myself. i mean there is absolutely no need to have a khanda on the letter.

• 3 years later...