Cash-strapped Amrit Bani radio goes off-air on Sky Digital

SikhWorldTv

http://www.amritbani.com/

Sikh religious radio channel, Amrit Bani has been removed from the Sky Digital EPG due to insufficient funds and non-payment of bills.

Amrit Bani, which was previously available on EPG 0176 has made no qualms about the reason it has fallen off-air. According to its website, the station required £45,000 by 19th November to sustain the service. After over a week’s termination notice, Sky decided to pull the plug on the station yesterday afternoon.

Amrit Bani said, “As you are aware Amrit Bani runs solely runs on the donation by the Sadh Sangat Ji and we don’t allow broadcasting any commercial adverts to interrupt the flow of Shabad Gurbani. We have been struggling very much for the last many months but now the situation is very difficult with us and we are under tremendous financial problems.”

Amrit Bani has provided details via its website for listeners to donate money to bring back the station on Sky Digital. Amrit Bani continues to broadcast online.

Amrit Bani is the latest station to fall off-air after financial difficulties – recently Sanjhi Awaz Radio ceased broadcasting in the West Midlands. Similarly, Sikh TV also fell victim to financial pressure earlier this year.

http://www.media247....-off-air-on-sky

The sikh channely murdered the AMRITbani it was the 1 good station after sukhsagr and desi radio and punjabi radio.

If i was a millonair i wud buy it back. But givin money 2Sky after wo they donne to all the Phone hackin ppl was bad. So i'd probably kp then money etc maybe buy a house in Jamaica...