black magic.... why do many of you believe in this?

Guest gupty

does this not go against the basic teaching of Sikhi...it is things like these that make me question myself sometimes

isn't black magic a superstition/ritual etc.? Just makes everything seem so outdated...

A Sikh Does not believe in this stuff. -full stop.

Yes there are many weak people out there that fall for this stuff and start seeing exorcists and pandits or what have you.

But if a sikh ever doubts that someone may have cursed him or done some voodoo crap, then that sikh should just adhere to the gurbani abit more and have the utmost faith in it.

-Then nothing can come near, the sikh becomes untouchable by these fallacies.

Singh23 just merked this thread. :biggrin2:

If Gurbani was consulted even a tad more by Sikhs they'd know such things are discussed. But not to glorify them or scare the Sikh, but to make them aware that Gurbani is there for them when such issues arise. Well, Gurbani is the constant that will always "be there", yet it us who, occasionally, are not there for Gurbani!

Personally, if I had my, way those people who sought out the magician or the voodoo doctor to inflict harm on others would be strung up from the nearest lamp-post. Those who ruin lives in such a way do not deserve to live themselves.

Accordingly the babeh who set up dereh and darbars to dupe and exploit hurting and ignorant sangat whilst not really bothering to actually put people on the correct path (i.e. Gurbani) and clear them of whichever affliction they happen to be suffering from, are just as worthy of juttiya in my opinion.

if one feels they are affected by these things, does not eating meat help? is it true these things go to those that eat meat, so just paat on its own will not have full effect? any experiences or suggestions?

Are you saying some nihangs are posessed ???

:stupidme: :stupidme:

if one feels they are affected by these things, does not eating meat help? is it true these things go to those that eat meat, so just paat on its own will not have full effect? any experiences or suggestions?

If someone tells you their is a fire burning in that house, don't go in. Then you still go, you get burned.

When Gurbani tells you to live your life a certain way, and you don't follow....(fill in the blank)

From my limited understanding you get laha from gurbani always. But if you don't follow it or learn from it your limited to how far you can spiritually progress.

Evil things love places with no sucham. If your home is filled with meat/eggs/alcohol you cannot be fully protected. Your body/mind houses your soul so it is in a similar situation as well.

so just paat on its own will not have full effect? any experiences or suggestions?

I'm not sure if I'm being presumptuous here( If I am forgive me), but that is no excuse to go to anyone else but Guru Sahib and his sikhs for help.

If it is for yourself, you know what you have to change. If your seeking advice for other, and here I have experience as I have those living in my home who do not fully believe in sikhi, bani + ardass is the only way. Beg for them a gursikh jeevani, naam simran dee daat. try to keep your house as clean as possible. Buy a refrigerator for your garage or backyard and keep all that stuff there until its gone 100%.

Are you saying some nihangs are posessed ???

:stupidme: :stupidme:

For those of you who say we are allowed eating meat. I say your right. But I'm going to assume your being persecuted, have been starving for days, your homes have been destroyed, your fighting wars, your killing the animals yourselves (Following the rules of Jhatka), and your not chasing chickens but fighting man eating lions who have been terrorizing villages.

If your plumping yourself down in front of taco bell, then yes, you are wrong. Go home and eat the daal roti your mom made for you, it has plenty of protein.

Evil things love places with no sucham. If your home is filled with meat/eggs/alcohol you cannot be fully protected. Your body/mind houses your soul so it is in a similar situation as well.

yes i heard few people say this too, so wanted to confirm it.

thankuji for pointing that out, as on other topics similar never seen anybody mention the meat and daru bit.

also gurbani will help as much as we do, but the evil things attraction was not sure about, and we should not go anywhere but to Maharaj ji for the help of god.