Are you studying SGGS ? If not , why ?

panthicunity

Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Maharaj said that he read a teeka of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj done by Nirmala and said that he could not find true value from it. Say Waaat!!!!! You betta bleed that

Thats not possible because it was same sri sant baba gurbachan singh bhindranwale who got inspired by pandit tara singh narotam again nirmala and his very first write up on six type of avtars how sri guru nanak dev ji was guru avtar so so much so he quoted him and his works right, left and center in his works..so get off listening to tupac- yo yo songs and get some vidya mate and read some sant gurbachan singh khalsa bhindranwale works..!!

Soraj parkash granth is written by no other than nirmala bhai sahib bhai kavi singh santokh student of bhai santa singh...i see taksali learn and training students using soraj parkash granth as mandatory source..so what hybrid going to do? remove soraj parkash grant katha from taksal to remove link between taksal and nirmale..heheh....so you again you have no basis mate for that statement you made above..shall we talk about nirmale contributions? its already been discussed..!!

Can we get khalistan_zindabad an actual humble taksali student to validate contents of this thread (mine and others) and set the record straight here..if something has to be corrected....i will man up and correct myself....i have no issue doing that..i have done in the past and revise my statements..thats how we suppose to learn and grow!!!

Vaheguroo

To be honest I was quite disappointed when I read this thread. Something which started off about learning from Guru Ji has been transformed into an argument about irrelevant things and nonsense such as rap music. Personally I find the comment 'snoop singh' really really offensive, putting singh, the name given to us by sache patishash Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, behind the name of a fool who sings about bujjar kurehits as if they were as normal as breathing? The rest of the world may be trying to defame the name of Sikhs but why are we joining them??

Going back to what the post was originally about, call it 'studying' or whatever else you would like to call it, I think the point made is 100% on point, how can we build a relationship with Maharaj if we don't even understand what he is saying to us. I'm guilty of it too and I pray that Guru Ji gives the kirpa and himmat to explore and delve into the beautiful panacea more. After all, who can we blame for our difficulties on the path of Sikhi if we don't make an effort to learn from our Guru?

Vaheguroo

To be honest I was quite disappointed when I read this thread. Something which started off about learning from Guru Ji has been transformed into an argument about irrelevant things and nonsense such as rap music. Personally I find the comment 'snoop singh' really really offensive, putting singh, the name given to us by sache patishash Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, behind the name of a fool who sings about bujjar kurehits as if they were as normal as breathing? The rest of the world may be trying to defame the name of Sikhs but why are we joining them??

Going back to what the post was originally about, call it 'studying' or whatever else you would like to call it, I think the point made is 100% on point, how can we build a relationship with Maharaj if we don't even understand what he is saying to us. I'm guilty of it too and I pray that Guru Ji gives the kirpa and himmat to explore and delve into the beautiful panacea more. After all, who can we blame for our difficulties on the path of Sikhi if we don't make an effort to learn from our Guru?

I am guilty as charged. :surrender:

Vaheguroo

Singh is universal name its also shared by sikhs but rajputs, guyanese too..!!. i m sure op intent meant well..didn't meant to hurt..!!

Get back to the topic.

There should be more studying done of shabads from self and not just listening to others.

There should be more posts with sangat contributing to their personal interpretions of gurbani.

Bani is interpreted on a few levels.- one is the root message and second is the pesonal message that may be different for each of us.

The root message is universal and should be shared amongst sangat.

This is a good thread by the op, but there is too much of 'who does what' being talked about.

I won't bother responding to him......he thinks that his points are reliable and valid, but they are neither. Enemies are hiding on Sikh forums, thats forsure. Don't let the so called "good" post of unity fool you. Darshan Ragi also has said many "good" things, but at the end it was very clear he joined GOI to attack Sikhi. They dilude Sikhi to a point, where Sikhs can't tell what is Gurmat and manmat. I have seen already couple of members here who have been influenced by his distorting. Look to Sant ji and you won't be able to be influenced by his distortion.

Getting back to the original topic. Don't study, contemplate over Gurbani. You will learn a lot more and move a lot faster on Satguru's path.

Stay in Chardikala!!!!

Studying and Understanding comes before the contemplating.

It is difficult to contemplate without understanding.

We should attempt to dedicate the time to study before we dedicate our selves to contemplate.

I see where you are coming from Singh. I have done the whole studying thing and it has taken me down the wrong path in the past. Listening to Gursikhs, I have not heard once from their mouth that they study Maharaj. They tell Sikhs just to pay close attention when Satguru is talking to them. I did not understand at first what they were saying. It was like talking to a brick wall. With studying we have to force ourselves to understand Gurbani. When you force yourself, then the wrong meaning is taken and we don't get the deeper meaning.

You can surely go into studying if that feels right to you, but I'm just trying to let people know they don't have to take the hard path and then learn all we needed to do was listen and Satguru will tell the knowledge to us. Just don't go to the darkside by studying, like Dr. I.J. Singh and many others. :biggrin2:

I agree, you should try and force yourself with understanding at the same time as studying or looking into it.

But, we have to be careful not to scare the young youth away that are trying to find the ropes.

To tell them that a lot of studying, understanding and contemplation is required is more likely to scare them away.

Instead they need to be assured that if they 'embrace' the gurbani, then the understanding can follow with his grace.

It is easy to take the wrong path and misguide yourself.

How can we simplify it for the youth of today, without frightening them away ?