Perfume spraying

Bundha

At the end of day in this case, what matter is actual intent of an individual based on pyar and sharda. But if one must get into technicalities of it or have doubts- one could get rose petal perfume (alchohol free) or make your own- http://www.wikihow.c...e-Petal-Perfume for Guru Maharaj sargun seva.

Above seva/sachkhand seva among other seva of satguru granth sahib ji maharaj (Sargun Saroop of Vahiguroo ji) comes under nine different types of bhagti:

SGGS Ang- 71

Bhagat Navaie Parkara.

There are nine forms of devotional worship

Nine different types of bhagti towards sargun satguru granth sahib ji is mentioned as below:

1. Sarvan - hearing the divine* praises.

2. Kirtan - singing the praised of the divine.

3. Simran - remembrance of the divines name.

4. Padsevena - service and offerings at the divines feet.

5. Archana - worship the divine.

6. Bandana - prostration before the divine.

7. Dasyam - developing feeling or emotion of being the divine's servant.

8. Sakhyam - cultivating the emotional bond of friendship.

9. Atma Nivedana - surrender of the self to the divine.

brilliant post mate, again i agree its intention but over zealouness in these little matters shouldnt matter, we have much bigger problems not just within sikhi where this persons time could be used, this is just batty!

whats the * mean on Sravan N30?

I sat inside Darbar Sahib/ Harmandir Sahib for the entire day right behind the Kirtani Jatha until Sukhaasan time and was a bit shocked they were spraying very powerful perfumes. I didn't particularly care at all for the smell before they sprayed it because I was so in tune with the kirtan and Guru Sahib, especially when chardikalaa jatha came to perform kirtan. It was an unforgettable experience - your senses take you into a completely different world.

The perfume kind of brought me back into reality and did kind of make me uncomfortable.

Rose water or something mild seems like a much better option.

At nanaksar every poranmaschi close to end, singhs go around spraying rose petals water on dhan dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib maharaj first then rest of the sangat..!!

Rose water sounds a lot less intense. Some people are allergic to perfumes (including myself) and really distract you from concentrating on Gurbani/meditation.

I agree - powerful perfumes can be distracting. They used rose water in the past shaken from small decorative silver vase like bottles around Maharaj and the this was shaken over the Sangat. By shaking over the Sanagat it represented the welcoming of guests to the the Durbar of our Guru Maharaj.