Perfume spraying

Bundha

You know the background of chaur sahib right? How is it made right? Where is it made from? And tabla what is it made from?

yes veerji, although you will have more knowledge on it, so please do enlighten me. As far as my limited knowledge spans, the peacock feathers for chaur sahib and the leather for tablay are by products. the animal is not killed just for the leather or the feathers.

pul chuk muaf ji

The ones humans drink is called ethanol, and as far as I know does not form naturally in the human body. So basically I think this guy needs to understand what alcohol is before he says that it is bad to spray it around Guruji

Then you need to look up endogenous ethanol. You can produce small quantities of this and it is detectable in the breath too. Not enough to become intoxicated but still detectable. Perhaps we should ban all humans from being near Guru Ji?

No...this stuff is learned in basic biology and chemistry classes in college

OK, if you did advanced chemistry, then you would know that things called Aldehydes and Ketones can go further to make alcohol or ethanol for starters.

This is exactly what happens inside your body when it is processing all the different chemicals from your diet!!!

We should pay more attention to the reasoning behind Guru ji's Hukam. We are not supposed to drink sharaab, because it alters our state of mind. It loosens our inhibitions and makes us forget God. It can turn people into alcoholics, it can cause liver failure, and it can kill you if you drink too much (alcohol poisoning).

Perfumes, mouth wash, cough syrup, rubbing alcohol (used by your doctor before giving injection) do none of these things.

It is important to take the extra step and ask "Why?"

How much does it take to lose our main goal of Sikhi?

And your saying perfume can never alter the state of mind?

• 2 years later...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh,

whilst it was interesting for the chemical/biology lessons can I bring it back to OPs request. I remember reading that purataan SInghs used essential oil perfumes such as Attar of Roses or Amber . Dad used to use Amber for Guru ji at home . You can get essential oils from www.Aromantic.co.uk which are very good quality and they also do organic oils too. you can get organic rosewater in ready to spray bottles from www.pukkaherbs.com , lovely smell not to heavy.

you can get good oils too from this shop have had good product from them too:

http://www.enaissance.co.uk/

they do amber oil

The main things to consider when selecting a perfume :

1. not animal source like musk

2. doesn't stain rumaley or tabhiya

3. subtlety - rose is said by many different sources to enhance state of sehaj , sandlewood also

4. doesn't contain alcohols as can destroy or discolour silks, pearls, ornaments etc the OP point that it can make people drunk la la la is very unlikely but it will irritate eyes and other mucous membranes if sprayed .

I remember seeing a video from above of Guru Maharaj's palki in front of Akal Takht sahib at sukh asan time and there were dozens of people holding air freshner cans spraying it everywhere and there was a massive cloud of air freshner.

With all respect to Guru Jee, I don't think it really healthy for people standing there and the general environment because that stuff is toxic. India has the most air pollution in the world, and I don't think they want any more. Why not just add an air purifier? A scent doesn't really seem necessary and I think it does more bad than good.