Is it ok to listen to morning 5 Bani instead of do?

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa!! WaheGuru Ji ki Fateh !!

All my life till now , I've been doing Japji Sahib only.

I recently started Jaap sahib and rest of Bani's- im not too familiar with Them . it takes me 1.5 hours to do jaap sahib alone . As its hard to read .

Is it ok to listen to morning 5 Bani instead of doing them?

How do i get familiar with Jaap Sahib ? so i can recite it effectively with concentration

For now I have created a Playlist . I listen and read the lines posted on video , i try to recite along with the video .

My Pc is placed higher then where i sit .

It is okay but you get the most benifit out of reading.

It is ok but reading will become a lot quicker if you will read regularly. I recommend take a Gutka Sahib and read side by side. So you can have Gurbani darshan through eyes and listen though ears at the same time.

And since when did you guys know what Sikhi teachings are. Of course you CANNOT do your nitnem by just listening to it on a computer. The maryada is sitting on the floor cross legged with a parna/hazuria around you neck and read the 5 banis with love and concentration from a Gutka Sahib. Even from memory isn't emphazised unless you are doing as lot of Gurbani abyaas. Keep your eyes focused on the Guru Shabad. Let your ears hear your recital. If i don';t see the Gurbani akhar i feel unwell and seperated. The Guru's darshan is essential.

Too many new ages hoody khalsa's with their mp3 players glued to their ears. This isnt nitnem, this isn't abyaas that will bear fruit. Its only sharia law - o'h ive done my 5 bania know i can act like a bad man for the rest of the day.

And since when did you guys know what Sikhi teachings are. Of course you CANNOT do your nitnem by just listening to it on a computer. The maryada is sitting on the floor cross legged with a parna/hazuria around you neck and read the 5 banis with love and concentration from a Gutka Sahib. Even from memory isn't emphazised unless you are doing as lot of Gurbani abyaas. Keep your eyes focused on the Guru Shabad. Let your ears hear your recital. If i don';t see the Gurbani akhar i feel unwell and seperated. The Guru's darshan is essential.

Too many new ages hoody khalsa's with their mp3 players glued to their ears. This isnt nitnem, this isn't abyaas that will bear fruit. Its only sharia law - o'h ive done my 5 bania know i can act like a bad man for the rest of the day.

Hnji Mahapursho, tusi hi fir ds dvo usnu kive krey thorey samey de vich, I see nothing wrong listening while you are sitting cross-legged and listening to Gurbani and reading at the same time from Gutka Sahib.

Listen.... you will learn soon... n u will learn to do pure path.. without mistakes.. once u will grasp it... then do it from Gutka.... Listen and reading both r equivalent..

In fact when u listen u still try to concentrate on words... but when u read it.. ur mind is somewhere else..n still u r reading... so does not matter... as per convince do it the way u feel comfortable......

Dimag de taar hilne chaida bus path de words naal.. bhave jida marzi karo.. :)

So one cannot have sharda and listen to the bania?They will only be accepted by guru ji if you only read them?When I was at the Amrit sanchar the panj Singh said if you cannot read or if you didn't memorize them then you can listen to them.For the first year I listened to them and after I started reading it.Now my bani is really good.So your telling me that the first year I listened to it I was doing it all wrong?Somebody can be having more prem and sharda while listening to the bania than we think.We don't know the persons inside feelings.

What I can say is not to listen to it while watching tv or on the computer etc.The best way to learn is listen to the Babi while following it along.

Baba Isher Singh Ji Kaleranvale once a Granthi Singh put nitnem casette on and himself went back to sleep. Baba Ji said that Kaljug nu phal milgeya - i.e, Kaljug will take the fruits of this prayer because your sadhan is via a computer and you are not doing it yourself. Computers audio players etc are the creations of kaljug. Baba Nand Singh Ji said the firts thing kaljug will do is stop you from Nitnem. When you lose your nitnem then its all downhill from there on. So be steadfast and after nitnem do ardas he maharaj bhul chuk maaf karni.

Baba Isher Singh Ji Kaleranvale once a Granthi Singh put nitnem casette on and himself went back to sleep. Baba Ji said that Kaljug nu phal milgeya - i.e, Kaljug will take the fruits of this prayer because your sadhan is via a computer and you are not doing it yourself. Computers audio players etc are the creations of kaljug. Baba Nand Singh Ji said the firts thing kaljug will do is stop you from Nitnem. When you lose your nitnem then its all downhill from there on. So be steadfast and after nitnem do ardas he maharaj bhul chuk maaf karni.

I understand what you mean but know the problem first. It takes him 1.5 hours . It is always better to do directly from Gutka Sahib as the speed will increase automatically if you do it daily as I myself have learned to do quicker as the years passed. And yes it is not good to put on Gurbani fall asleep but to concentrate on it and if you can read it as well that is better.