Sign in to follow this  
Guest _lost_

lost

Guest _lost_

Waheguru g ka khalsa

Waheguru g ki fateh

i m an amritdhari girl from non-amritdhaari hindu family . i dont have any sikh friends nor i am able to go to sangat since my elder cousin amritdhaari sister got married .

3 years ago when I was baptised I was progressing in sikhi but now i m falling

I know that i should do simran at all times and read a lot baani but i dont do.

Earlier i remained happy thoughout the day and kept on reciting Anand Sahib with understanding . I did Ardaas with whole of my heart & love for waheguru g .

But now m not attentive even while doing nitnem .

M not able to follow the reat even , Cant stay like this anymore but I don’t know how to get back to right path .

I don’t remember the last time when I properly completed the nitnem . I don’t want to stay like this but cant help . Its worst than dyeing . My soul cries . This year I don’t know where I lost myself . :cry: I failed before the real exam

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hmmmmm, does your family have a problem with you being a Sikh? I come from a Punjabi Hindu family myself, and had the advantage that my folks are Punjabi, and so even though they are Hindus they still had deep respect for Sikhi. But parents are parents. My folks were not against me taking Amrit, just wanted me to postpone it. And since I didn’t postpone it, they took a while to get around it. Now after 8 years things are alright, so it does take time. But what exactly is going on thats stopping you from keeping up?

• Like 3

Guest lost

No my parents are not a problem . Ya somtimes my fateher doesnt like my appearance (dastaar)

Actually its lack of sangat .. I wish to visit to kirtan samagams .. Chant in Sangat but dont get the right place .

Earlier i used to regularly visit akj local programmes with my sister but now i dont find it safe going there alone . N at my school also none of my friends is in sikhi

I dont understand... How a Non- Sikh person can become Amrit dhari without a specific reason....

Means being a sikh is so difficult and being a Gursikh- Amritdhari is like.... :O

Means how does this happens.... a hindu.. girl/boy becomes amritdhari.... ethe te sikh amritdhari ni bande :)

MAGIC!!!! :D

lol

Waheguru actually does whatever he wants to do.

lol

Waheguru actually does whatever he wants to do.

Hmm.... mera bus ni chalda... ni te mai waheguru g nu samne bitha ke pucha... mere babee dasde ki planning chal ri aa dimag ch tuwade... so that mai prepare rawa..... :D

No my parents are not a problem . Ya somtimes my fateher doesnt like my appearance (dastaar)

Actually its lack of sangat .. I wish to visit to kirtan samagams .. Chant in Sangat but dont get the right place .

Earlier i used to regularly visit akj local programmes with my sister but now i dont find it safe going there alone . N at my school also none of my friends is in sikhi

Hmmmmm, looks like we got to find you sangat of GurSikh bibiyaan in your city who can help you out.
  • Like 1

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa !!

WaheGuru Ji ki fateh !!

i have heard in so many katha's that people saying same thing

but

if you have a really really simple life , i.e. eating simple not spicy or anything . just like langar

fer man vich farne nahi uthde

have a sangat of gursikh all the time helps .

that was one of the updesh from Sri Guru nanak dev ji .

Sangat da sath bahutaan nu taar denda .

jo cheej yogi pran dasve dwar chada ke nahi kar sakde oh cheej sangat naal hundi hai

Sangat naal maan nirmal hunda hai te tik jaunda hai

i would suggest sangat da sath ji

and sewa bas

jad tuhada sath sangat naal rahega , langar muh vich jawega fer man kithe hor nahi jawega

haanji - roti/pani kaun bana reha te kaun de reha eh da v fark painda hai

ehi cheej Gurunanak Dev ji ne roti choon dudh te khoon kad ke vekhai si

hope this helps

bhul chuk maff

and remember - "sochi soch na hovi je sochi lakh //"

I dont understand... How a Non- Sikh person can become Amrit dhari without a specific reason....

Means being a sikh is so difficult and being a Gursikh- Amritdhari is like.... :O

Means how does this happens.... a hindu.. girl/boy becomes amritdhari.... ethe te sikh amritdhari ni bande :)

Many people are like me with no family connection to sikhism....there are many reasons for someone to become amritdhaari and the only important reason is luv for guru ssahib and liberation from all evils .

Dhanvaad g for the concerns ... Hope I get back on track soon :blush2:

Edited by wahgrrru

Actually what I want is some elder who stays with me .. With whom I can share nd ask queries about this path

Who asks me " Putt nitnem kidda ??? sb chardi kala ????" ANd teaches me t every stge ..

and I can share all other problems( studies , career , family problems) I face so that I dont need my other friends to help me out with !!

I know guru sahib himself guides us but........

I dont know Its my laziness or what but it is and has become a part of me and resists me to progress in sikhi ..

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

I can sympathise with your situation, I have had no family support and have had to build my own support network. With Vaheguru's grace you can get through this phase.

Where do you live? Perhaps I can suggest some good networks in your area. How old are you?

Send me a PM if you want to discuss.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Edited by rrss