Jat girls marrying Jat Guy

Guest Scooby

Why is it that Jat Girls can marry only Jat Guys but Jat guys can marry Non Jats.I thought a jat girl loved me enough to overlook my caste.Is it not that GuruJi had banished Castes . Why do I still have to suffer? Are Sikhs hypocrites to call themselves Sikhs and believe in GuruJi but still continue to be proud of their castes as if they chose to be born as Jats of their own will.God made someone a Jat and someone a Khatri and Someone a Ramgarhia and someone a Arora.Is it my fault that I am not the same caste as the girl i loved.

Amnt I a Human Being ?

YOUU ARE human i agree with u on this topic jatts tend to be different and are definately hypocrits if this girl has sense she would stay by your side i know this is a hard time as love tends to be but see this as a positive and marry someone who is worthy and not someone who is blinded by this jattism trust me you are not the first person this has happened to or the last

I am finding it very difficult to continue to believe in sikhism thinking that the guy i am sitting next to in gurdwara or the guy walking next to me in the nagar kirtan believes he is better than me and refuses to acknowledge my existence.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not being Anti Jatt but Jatts are way too obsessed about their caste, it's unbelievable.

It's not like Jatt is a high caste in the first place!

We should all scrap this nonsense.

Hopefully it will die out in the UK in the next two generations.

The caste system exists. We should not discriminate against people from lower castes i.e we should not stop talking to them or not have tea with them. But marriage is a completely different topic. There is a certain extent to how much we should fight for non-caste. looking at it from a day to day perspective then I would agree that we should treat all casts equally but for arriage it is important for a jatt girl to marry a jatt boy and vice versa. By marrying outer-caste the person is bringing his family name lower. Jatt's have ig hearts and how cuold it be that a Jatt marries a choora for example? It just would never work. I think what the problem is that some people like to be selective about what they follow. If maharaj wants everyone to be equal, that is not the one and only thing they want. they want us all to be Amrit Shak and in Chardikala. If somebody falls in love and wants to marry a low caste then they suddenly remember mahaaraj out ofthe blue and try to fight their side ofthe argument. It just is not right. We should not get rid of caste, in this case any way...

sorry if i have caused any offence towards any one's feelings or views.