SGPC WANTS TO DO SASKAAR OF BULLET RIDDEN SAROOP FROM 1984

Singh559

Ring these numbers

Jathedar, Sri Akal Takht Sahib 0183-2540820 (O)

President,

Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee 0183-2553950 (O)

president@sgpc.net

P.A. (President)

Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee 0183-2553950 (O)

9814728666 (M)

Secretary, SGPC 0183-2553951-56 (O)

Dharam Parchar Committee 0183-2553952 (O)

Manager, Sri Darbar Sahib, Sri Amritsar. 0183-2553953 (O)

Information Officer, Sri Darbar Sahib, Sri Amritsar. 0183-2553954 (O)

Thank you

I totally agree with you all about the destruction of heritage and 'evidence'.

I just have another question: Would it be wrong to do saskaar of that particular saroop of Maharaaj ji if the saroop is 'birdh'?

Who is the SGPC to decide this?

Avtar makkari is known to regularly consume alcohol.

Who is the SGPC to decide this?

Avtar makkari is known to regularly consume alcohol.

I have absolutely no doubt about the corrupt ways of the SGPC. However, if they do make the aforementioned excuse, what should be our response? Should a Gurmatta have been passed?

I do understand that this particular saroop of Maharaaj Ji is of historical importance. But the other 'birdh' saroops in and around Harmandar Saheb...Who gets to make decisions about them, usually/normally?

I have absolutely no doubt about the corrupt ways of the SGPC. However, if they do make the aforementioned excuse, what should be our response? Should a Gurmatta have been passed?

I do understand that this particular saroop of Maharaaj Ji is of historical importance. But the other 'birdh' saroops in and around Harmandar Saheb...Who gets to make decisions about them, usually/normally?

I don't think SGPC should, there must be something fishy going on if they are bringing this issue up randomly. You ask a good question as to who should decide, I think the panth as a whole should be able to ask Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib jathedar with their decision.

Learned Sikhs from Punjab and abroad should get together and send a collective decision to Sri Akaal Takhat Sahib and not allow the SGPC to interfere.

When future generations of Sikhs will demand to see proof of the horrors meted out on their people (once the brainwashing is successfully completed and they become loyal citizens of Hindustan), we'll turn to the bullet-ridden saroop of Guru Granth Sahib Ji to convince these people and show them how their beloved Indian overlords treated us and that which we hold dear.

Oh sorry I forgot our own people are burning the evidence.

[sarcasm mode off] I can see the case for doing saskaar of any other saroop in a poor state, but this particular one is a complete no-no.

99% of saroops which are claimed to be birdh can be restored. Guru is our living guru it is our father our mother our best friend. Do we cremate our parents if they break a leg/arm? Veero stop looking at it as a book. Doing SASKAAR of saroops in India has become a sewa in some people's eyes. Do you know nearly 600 saroops are cremated every yr at gobindwal.

Thy are destroying our history for future generations.

99% of saroops which are claimed to be birdh can be restored. Guru is our living guru it is our father our mother our best friend. Do we cremate our parents if they break a leg/arm? Veero stop looking at it as a book. Doing SASKAAR of saroops in India has become a sewa in some people's eyes. Do you know nearly 600 saroops are cremated every yr at gobindwal.

Thy are destroying our history for future generations.

Good point. I guess we've been conditioned to do this kind of saskaar. Nobody ever talks about restoring or anything like that when a saroop reaches this condition through constant use.