Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

The fact is that if we are here in the west, then this time of the year is 'holiday' because of the festive season. If we are so anti-christmas, then we have no right to be off work and enjoying time with family do we ??

In a country where our mother tongue is not so, we shouldn't mock their cultures or way of living. If it really annoys us and messes with our faithand spirituality, then we should shut up and go back to Punjab!!!

When a person has been enslaved by a different culture for a very long time..............they write exactly what is written in bold. Singh, if your Amritdhari, it is very sad to see you have lost the root of Satguru's teaching, every human is equal and has the right to practice their beliefs as long as they don't infringe on another's right.

Honestly, I say you go to the basic of Sikhi and remember freedom is a universal right. Not just accept in religion, but as a secular right. All the Santa cookies has done some damage, wouldn't you say?

Luky singh im on.my phone if i was on pc id givu an SA......gud u aint got pakis ner u id hate to think how you wOuld dealwith them..paaji not just you...but also in myfamily....why are you sooo eager to pleasethe gorah...do you really put the xmas show onto celebrate truth or to tell your goreh friends you are not taliban and one of them............ Now i can understand why sadhus just run to caves...this is soooo <banned word filter activated> to bhram gyan..........but as sikhs we must stay here to be real sikhs and listen to <banned word filter activated>....

Despite of not having christmas tree or celebrating christmas, I will make sure I will be wishing merry christmas to westerners on 25th. i figured this is least i can do behalf of sikh community and behalf of some of those genuine opressed refugge of 1984-1997 who came here for better life and in over time somehow seem to be turned into bunch of ungrateful self righteous elitist double dippers walking around with sense of entitlement- yes hinting towards part of punjabi community..yes indeed we do come across as ungrateful bunch.

Speaking generally, as my observation during the past 5 years or so -some of our people have no shame, they will hesitate to take part (simple merry christmas greeting to those celebrate it) in national holiday of Canada yet no problems double dipping - take advantage of day off on dec 25th or claim double/triple over time.

Generally, sikhs are generally are well integrated(to western society) community compare to muslims but we do have some anti-social elements who are soo staunchly against- even if at slightest integration in western soceity holidays that if indeed they were not born here, they truly need to go back to their home countries instead of whining about traditions in the host country traditions and double dipping at social/welfare/statutory holidays at the same time...no wonder gorreh's here feel robbed by visible minorities here, i would do when we have ungrateful at the same time- hypocritical bunch who have no problems cussing the national holiday and the same time double dipping at the day off from work/claim double/triple over time.!!!!!

^^ Always the voice of reason.............I hail you great master of the jet i mind tricks................Thou art so divine...........bring thee from the darkest side and back into thee light...........let thee divine jet i mind tricks bring back the Protestant Sikh into Yogi Bhajan idol worship with thee divine yogi tea......Ho Ho Ho Ho

NEO BRO before you give it that we all came over here stuff and be gratefull, well lets put it in a light way before one gets offended.. let me tell you my grandad and his family was invited to the uk and my naankeh to do the <banned word filter activated> jobs the goreh would not do...so its not a matter of WE came here and WE have to adjust to their principles/customs/traditions etc....WE came here for financial (call it greed if you want) means not at the compromise of our culture/religion....WE WERE INVITED......im taliknf from uk prospective..... xmas is fine as far as im concerned...alot of goreh in genreal get on with sikhs but not pakis... very evident.....it seems to be a pattern that even goreh know the difference between pakis and us indians.......

any way going back to xmas/xmas teeee..no problem.. as long at the intentions is sikhi.. in terms of do it for funm/presents/jesus if you may.. dont to id to tell the gorah your one of them or to tell next people we aint muslim (taliban- uk ppl get he pic).............

NEO SINGH this is all karm.... goreh invaded us now we ae coming into their country..........i have no time to go into this as its really irrelevant.....

singh... the queen of england still gets a profit from the sale of indian tea(and others)... so who should be greatfull..... world war 2 in particular sikhs made things happen,, sorry for my unproper english.....

no doubt the system is good especially in england with welfare..etc.... how many goreh on large scale(not ur immediate friend) say happy vaisakhi/guru nanak jaam etc....

without sikhs consider world war nazis...again we were invited neo singh from the same people ivaded our land.. and singh.. my family were from west panjab (pakistan) they had to see real <banned word filter activated> on thieir travels.. so dont hink cos your sitting on a good cushions its all goodd... bhagat is that that can put himself in others shoes not look from his high horse......

When a person has been enslaved by a different culture for a very long time..............they write exactly what is written in bold. Singh, if your Amritdhari, it is very sad to see you have lost the root of Satguru's teaching, every human is equal and has the right to practice their beliefs as long as they don't infringe on another's right.

Honestly, I say you go to the basic of Sikhi and remember freedom is a universal right. Not just accept in religion, but as a secular right. All the Santa cookies has done some damage, wouldn't you say?

I don't know what makes you think if i'm amritdhari or not, but I don't own the culture here and I don't force my culture on to others.

You are saying that if an amritdhari gives his kids christmas presents then he has disowned his own faith.

A gurmukh should be humble and accepting of other cultures.

Accepting doesn't mean that you let the white man make you one of them.

Why should I disrespect and deny their culture if they give me a holiday and exra pay for this holiday ??

I don't have a problem or any fear of being white washed.

The people that have fears are ones that have some inner insecurities and fears about their very own faith and status.