Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

...Brothers and Sisters, next time you celebrate Chrismas, remember our Sahibzadas who became Shaheed during the same time you are joyfully celebrating Christmas. How can any Sikh of Guru Gobind Singh Jee be joyful or happy at that time of the year is beyond my understanding.

I'm not against anyone celebrating or even casually observing the upcoming festivities, but as a Sikh once you realise what occurred during Sikh history when the rest of the world is celebrating Christmas, I don't see how any Sikh can bring themselves to raise a smile at that time of year. I'm always rather sad during Christmas in recent years. I don't want to be that way, but I can't help it when you think of all that happened to us a few hundred years ago. Dark times and the dard can be felt rather strongly.

Gyan comes not from Gurbani alone but from Gurbani and life experience. Hence the essentiality of Ghristi jivan.

Bhul chuk maaf kardeyo

:no: that alone explains a lot about you. ਭਾਈ ਆਪਣੇ life experience ਦੀਆਂ ਸਿਆਣਫਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਛੱਡ

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਹੈ: ਸਹਸ ਸਿਆਣਪਾ ਲਖ ਹੋਹਿ ਤ ਇਕ ਨ ਚਲੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥
ਤੇਰੀਆਂ ਜਿਨੀਆਂ ਵੀ ਫੋਕੀਆਂ ਸਿਆਣਫਾਂ ਨੇ, ਉਹ ਕਿਸੇ ਕਮ ਦੀ ਨਹੀ ਤੇ ਨਾਹੀਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਕਿਸੇ ਕਮ ਆਉਣਗੀਆਂ
ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਗੁਰੂ ਤੋਂ ਹੀ ਗਿਆਨ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਾਪਤੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ, ਹਾਂ ਜੇ ਤੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਭਗਵਾਨ ਯਸੂ (Jesus) ਤੇ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਬਾਈਬਲ ਤੋਂ ਗਿਆਨ ਲੈਣਾ ਹੈ ਤਾ ਬੇਸ਼ਕ ਲੈ ਪਰ ਫਿਰ ਤੂ "ਨਾ ਘਰ ਦਾ ਨਾ ਘਾਟ ਦਾ"

The Christmas holiday is actually a pagan festival incorporated into Christianity my guess is it was engreza di lohri (winter solstice). Jesus was born in the spring times which would be more near vaisakh.

Muslims hate christmas and feel it's unislamic and in the spirit of antagonizing the antagonists it should give you even more reason to keep a Christmas tree. The true spirit of christmas is giving, which can be done in the forms of daan, sewa, charity, philanthropy aswell as looking into goodwill for other human beings.

Quote my post!!!!!

Quote my post where I have compared Sikhi to ANYTHING at all!!!!!!!

Christmas or otherwise.............

Any comparison........

Your imagination like that of your little cohorts has your emotions in a jumble.

Read anything you like but comprehension is a gift. Maybe some true christian will get it for you at christmas......

Bhul chuk maaf kardeyo parh bhout kehhar jareha hai

You are the one who equated celebrating Bandi chod divas a holiday related to Guru Sahibaan with Christmas. For a Sikh Christmas means nothing!!! but Bandi Chod Divas means everything since it is a day linked with Guru Jee.

The Christmas holiday is actually a pagan festival incorporated into Christianity my guess is it was engreza di lohri (winter solstice). Jesus was born in the spring times which would be more near vaisakh.

Muslims hate christmas and feel it's unislamic and in the spirit of antagonizing the antagonists it should give you even more reason to keep a Christmas tree.

how does it being Pagan make it okay? Hindus are the pagans of India, they also have religious festivals relating to plants and trees(ex Tulsi), animals(monkeys, elephants). Does that make it okay for Sikhs to celebrade Hindu Pagan holidays?

how does it being Pagan make it okay? Hindus are the pagans of India, they also have religious festivals relating to plants and trees(ex Tulsi), animals(monkeys, elephants). Does that make it okay for Sikhs to celebrade Hindu Pagan holidays?

Sikhs are pagans in accordance to some muslims some like to call us book worshipers.