Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

If you think you only came over to the west to make money, then why don't you go back now that it's made ?????

Christmas or trees has no affect on your sikh status whatsoever.

All the problems arise when you start mixing indian culture with faith.

NEO BRO before you give it that we all came over here stuff and be gratefull,

Before you answer to a such a ridiculous post, ask youself is Uk law secular or run by Chrisians. Same goes with Canada its secular. Also his post is so out of touch of reality, I honestly believe he should not be allowed to breed. Him breeding will only creat more stupidity in the world. Before others jump on me for such an outrages comment. Everyone in this forum knows Mr. N3o is able to think logically to some degree........i mean hes not all there, but for the most part he does have it together and does not have any mental issues. Obviously many are very fond of here as they praise him. But to say such comments as he did above, i'm sorry, but there is no other way to answer other than cut him below the belt. Firstly this is Aboriginal land, secondly not everyone in a government office is religious. Yes there are people who are atheist, so to the the atheist do you say...............thank God that God did not help us because he surely doesn't exist...........here is a bottle of liquor thank you for your help.............again stupidity breed stupidity here.

No where have I or anyone else said Christains, Muslim, Hindus, Sikhs or anyone else with or without a religion cannot practice Christmas because we said so. Points on why Sikhs don't put up Christmas trees were presented and reasons why Sikh must not participate in this pagan ritual. No one said i'm come to your house and knock your christmas tree down.

If you want to thank a person without going against Sikhi, then there are thousands of ways to thank the person. Also the most important reason why n3o should not be allowed to breed is because he says to have a lot of knowledge of Sikhi, but purposely forgot to tell everyone that Sikhi gives all of humanity the right to equal rights. Do you have to thank another human being for letting you breath? n3o needs to take off his white pointed hood.

lucky singh if you sooo muc want be a gorah the <banned word filter activated> offf..whe kahlistan happens than dont come crying this may with your ego......i feel soo ashamed.. has sikh that marg to bring one to brhamgyan come to xmas trees..... i aint givin the guillt trip but im opinion many sikhs just want to impress their goreh country with their turban....all i can say is that is a war kicks offf,, sikhs will fight sikhs first..if i was not soo tired i would give a very long post because your gora nass cannot be definied in 20 words or soo... why are you americans so up goereh.. here in uk we are proud to be panjbi and still work on level of posh goireh.. but you americans feel you have to lick theri bond be be like them...

If you don't like christmas trees, then don't have them. If they don't bother you, but you find them a part of this holiday season, then carry on.

I don't think that christmas or a tree can actually make any person MORE or LESS a sikh in any way.

If you feel that it has affected someone and made them walk away from the path of sikhi, then say so.

This seems like a a very petty argument with two sides trying to justify.

The fact is that if we are here in the west, then this time of the year is 'holiday' because of the festive season. If we are so anti-christmas, then we have no right to be off work and enjoying time with family do we ??

In a country where our mother tongue is not so, we shouldn't mock their cultures or way of living. If it really annoys us and messes with our faithand spirituality, then we should shut up and go back to Punjab!!!

What a petty comment. YOU DO NOT EVEN WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE FACT THAT CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIKHI.

Then you confirm your inferiority complex by saying " If it really annoys us and messes with our faithand spirituality, then we should shut up and go back to Punjab!!!"

TRY SAYING THAT TO JEWS AND TELL THEM TO GO BACK TO ISRAEL BECAUSE THE JEWS DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS.

NEC MNT YOU WILL BE FLYING BACK TO PUNJAB ON A ONE WAY TICKET.

I'm not an american or canadian,,but i'm prbably more gora than a person tha calls themselves one !

Is is a disorder ???

Am I seeing and imagining things ??

It doesn't really matter because I know who and what I am without having any insecurities.

'adapting' to cultural lifestyles is NOT selling out. If you feel it is, then it is your own innerself that has the fears and insecurities!!

Why should I disrespect and deny their culture if they give me a holiday and exra pay for this holiday ??

I don't have a problem or any fear of being white washed.

The people that have fears are ones that have some inner insecurities and fears about their very own faith and status.

Are you even reading what your writing. Seriously, tell me what is the first right Sikhi gives everyone? Im not trying to be insulting at all, but you really need to look at the core teachings of Sikhi. Also i'm not questioning whether you're a good amritdhair or bad. I was asking whether you are or not. Those who are not I wouldn't say Singh to them.

This has nothing to do with being white washed. But it has everything to do with knowing your rights. You have the right to holidays and if you work that day, then it is your right to get time and half. Holidays are not owned by a religion or no religion. The days some holidays fall on are based on Christain celebrations, because governments are still not all secular when it comes to certain areas. Again no religion owns holidays. You have a right to get holidays because a law based in your country has set out rules on these things. Here in canada its called employment standard Acts.

Don't listen to n3o he breeds stupidity.

Despite of not having christmas tree or celebrating christmas, I will make sure I will be wishing merry christmas to westerners on 25th. i figured this is least i can do behalf of sikh community and behalf of some of those genuine opressed refugge of 1984-1997 who came here for better life and in over time somehow seem to be turned into bunch of ungrateful self righteous elitist double dippers walking around with sense of entitlement- yes hinting towards part of punjabi community..yes indeed we do come across as ungrateful bunch.

Speaking generally, as my observation during the past 5 years or so -some of our people have no shame, they will hesitate to take part (simple merry christmas greeting to those celebrate it) in national holiday of Canada yet no problems double dipping - take advantage of day off on dec 25th or claim double/triple over time.

Generally, sikhs are generally are well integrated(to western society) community compare to muslims but we do have some anti-social elements who are soo staunchly against- even if at slightest integration in western soceity holidays that if indeed they were not born here, they truly need to go back to their home countries instead of whining about traditions in the host country traditions and double dipping at social/welfare/statutory holidays at the same time...no wonder gorreh's here feel robbed by visible minorities here, i would do when we have ungrateful at the same time- hypocritical bunch who have no problems cussing the national holiday and the same time double dipping at the day off from work/claim double/triple over time.!!!!!

Try to think logically for a change. WHO HAS CUSSED THE NATIONAL HOLIDAY? THE LAW OF THE LAND GIVES YOU DOUBLE/TRIPLE TIME.

Who has given you the authority to make sweeping statements like,", they truly need to go back to their home countries instead of whining about traditions in the host country traditions and double dipping at social/welfare/statutory holidays at the same time."

Who is the whiner here?

What a petty comment. YOU DO NOT EVEN WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE SIMPLE FACT THAT CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIKHI.

Then you confirm your inferiority complex by saying " If it really annoys us and messes with our faithand spirituality, then we should shut up and go back to Punjab!!!"

TRY SAYING THAT TO JEWS AND TELL THEM TO GO BACK TO ISRAEL BECAUSE THE JEWS DO NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS.

NEC MNT YOU WILL BE FLYING BACK TO PUNJAB ON A ONE WAY TICKET.

The problem is that you consider sikhi as a religion on par with other faiths when it is much more than that.

Sikhi is about the way you live and it is a way of life.

Being 'anti' -anything is not what the gurmat in the 1429 pages teaches you.

This could be anti-gora, anti-christmas, anti-muslim, anti- white....etc...

If you feel that being 'anti' makes you a better grmat sikh, then you should carry on proceeding in that manner.

But don't try and grab others to be 'anti' in line with yourself.

The problem is that you consider sikhi as a religion on par with other faiths when it is much more than that.

Sikhi is about the way you live and it is a way of life.

Being 'anti' -anything is not what the gurmat in the 1429 pages teaches you.

This could be anti-gora, anti-christmas, anti-muslim, anti- white....etc...

If you feel that being 'anti' makes you a better grmat sikh, then you should carry on proceeding in that manner.

But don't try and grab others to be 'anti' in line with yourself.

I do not understand how you got the "anti" virus. Where have I said I am anti Christmas.

TO MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY A SIKH HAS TO DO WHAT A WHITE MAN DOES AS YOU SAY "We are in white mans land,"

I do not understand how you got the "anti" virus. Where have I said I am anti Christmas.

TO MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHY A SIKH HAS TO DO WHAT A WHITE MAN DOES AS YOU SAY "We are in white mans land,"

You don't have to do anything do you ?

You are free to do what you want.

You may not have directly said anti christmas, but you make it clear that you feel cultural influences are anti sikh !

I, on the other hand don't sense or feel any negative impact on my sikhi, regardless of cultural activities.

It seems that this is an issue that affects different people differently, and we should respect the different impacts even if we feel differently.

Like I say, if you put a tree up and give presents and feel LESS of a sikh, then don't do it. BUT if it doesn't affect you, then it doesn't really matter does it ??