Christmas trees in houses of Sikhs

JSinghnz

I never said it doesn't teach anything or if it is meaningless.

It is the final seal and I said that is is gurbani.(didn't I say that??)

But it doesn't teach or give messages like the rest of the 1429 pages. If you can tell me the message it gives rather than conlusion, then I will happily admit I'm wrong and misinformed.

Please listen to raagmala Katha by sant giani gurbachan Singh ji

Please listen to raagmala Katha by sant giani gurbachan Singh ji

I never thought of that, because I didn't think anyone spoke about it too deeply.

Now you mention it, I will try and locate this and hopefully learn as well as advance forward.

-Thanks!

I never thought of that, because I didn't think anyone spoke about it too deeply.

Now you mention it, I will try and locate this and hopefully learn as well as advance forward.

-Thanks!

:)

But it doesn't teach or give messages like the rest of the 1429 pages. If you can tell me the message it gives rather than conlusion, then I will happily admit I'm wrong and misinformed.

Basically, this is my beleif personally that as the Sikh Nation has 99% discarded "Raag Vidya" the beauty, the flow, the imagery and the sheer genius of Sri Raagmala, is vanishing. Learn about Raag Vidya and then see the antriv arth of what Sri Raagmala is doing.

A big mistake is to look at Sri Raagmala as an index of Raags/Raags used in Aad Guru.

Once a person begins to experience the magic of Raags then he can be able to access the sublime energy behind Sri Raagmala.

Thats my opinion anyway.

The loss of Raag Vidya has caused so many problems for the Sikh Panth.

Learn about Raag Vidya and then see the antriv arth of what Sri Raagmala is doing.

A big mistake is to look at Sri Raagmala as an index of Raags/Raags used in Aad Guru.

Once a person begins to experience the magic of Raags then he can be able to access the sublime energy behind Sri Raagmala.

I think the above highlights the most common mistake. There are many out there, as we know that deny that it is Guru's bani and they claim that there is no regard for akaal purakh (many akj's, I think!) and then argue about it's inclusion.

Then there are the majority lke me, who have always accepted it as bani, but see it more of a seal or index of raags.

In the last 24 hours, I have learnt something fascinating !!

Thanks to the members that pointed in th right direction,-

- I can now see and appreciate that just the beginning where it describes 'There is One Raag with 5 wives'' is not being literal or totally poetic. - It is talking about ONE God and the 5 primal sounds or panch shabad !!

From the One came the 5 sounds, is mentioned throughout the granth as we know.

Just as a seed is at the beginning, this is 'ek onkaar'.

Then we have the root(mool mantar), and the trunk (japji sahib),and then the branches (the Adi granth upto page 1429) and finally the Flowers that blossom (rag mala-page 1430) !!

From the above, I hope everyone can see and appreciate that without the flowers, there is no completeness and the flowers don't summarise the whole growth stage from the seed either !!

For those of you who are unsure of the real significance (like I was), I urge you to contemplate and give this last page some time !

Thanks to singh1234567 and chatanga for the influence !

Waheguru and enjoy your christmas holidays off work ! :biggrin2:

I think the above highlights the most common mistake. There are many out there, as we know that deny that it is Guru's bani and they claim that there is no regard for akaal purakh (many akj's, I think!) and then argue about it's inclusion.

Then there are the majority lke me, who have always accepted it as bani, but see it more of a seal or index of raags.

In the last 24 hours, I have learnt something fascinating !!

Thanks to the members that pointed in th right direction,-

- I can now see and appreciate that just the beginning where it describes 'There is One Raag with 5 wives'' is not being literal or totally poetic. - It is talking about ONE God and the 5 primal sounds or panch shabad !!

From the One came the 5 sounds, is mentioned throughout the granth as we know.

Just as a seed is at the beginning, this is 'ek onkaar'.

Then we have the root(mool mantar), and the trunk (japji sahib),and then the branches (the Adi granth upto page 1429) and finally the Flowers that blossom (rag mala-page 1430) !!

From the above, I hope everyone can see and appreciate that without the flowers, there is no completeness and the flowers don't summarise the whole growth stage from the seed either !!

For those of you who are unsure of the real significance (like I was), I urge you to contemplate and give this last page some time !

Thanks to singh1234567 and chatanga for the influence !

Waheguru and enjoy your christmas holidays off work ! :biggrin2:

:):):):):)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :):p

Why you guys wishing each other marry christmas? yaar are you sikhs or christians?

It's tongue n cheek!!!!!

, - ths thread is about sikhs that have xmas trees and give presents..etc....

If there is any lesson to be learnt from this thread- it is that this time of the year should remind us of sahibzhade.

Especially the younger two that were offered all the treasures and riches of this world so that they may lose their sikhi, but they didn't budge the slightest.

We now have sikhs that are converted to other religions because sikhs aren't helping them with money or golack money doesn't reach them. Instead christian missionaries offer them finance and they convert losing their sikhi for some dollars and pounds. A TRUE sikh NEVER loses his sikhi for anything, not for any riches, money or promises.

From this thread we can learn that a western cultural thing like christmas can NOT lure a sikh away from sikhi.

Even if the sahibhzadhe were taken on a tour to show them all the wealth, riches and women that muslims dream about in heaven,even then they would NOT budge the slightest. To have the temptations and influence right infront of your eyes and then to refuse them is the strength every sikh should have.

Many sikhs have business's etc.. where they will have trees and other festive items for the staff or clients/customers.

Some will have them at homes as we know. BUT a sikh's sikhi should not be affected by these cultural items and it shoudn't be.

If you think that a sikh is losing his faith with a christmas tree or that the tree can tempt him to cut his khes,then he wasn't a sikh in the first place.

Let the other temptations and influences be there for all a true sikh cares Like the sahibzhade a sikh will NEVER give up his sikhi for anything.