The 'Sikh' alcohol and cigarette store in Manchester

West London Singh

Thing is, this is the very first time in my life I had been to Manchester. The shop signage was clearly not new so has been there a fair while. So the question is why has no other Sikh ever seen how wrong it is ?

Like I said, to get to Manchester you have to drive right past that shop at slow speed. Therefore, every Sikh in the UK that has ever been to Manchester has seen it but wasn't troubled by it. That's shocking.

Worse still, is the way that the Manchester Sikhs themselves have never been troubled by it. Now I appreciate the fact that most of the Manchester Sikhs...especially the Moss Side ones....are by and large part of the close-knit Bhatra fraternity and so probably didn't want to put any of their down in front of the wider sangat but that is no excuse. You don't find Jewish Ham shops displaying the Jewish symbol. You don't find Muslim pork shops displaying their religious insignia. You don't find Christian voodoo doll shops displaying the cross. This is as wrong as wrong can be.

Ther no such thing as a muslim pork shop. Its haram to look at pork 4a muslam. Is it so rong to sell alkahol. _? Patreh R some of the orignal sikhs so watch them an learn

Oh dear. The irony of the 'muslim pork shop' obviously flew straight over your head. :biggrin2:

If learning from the likes of you means being unable to string a coherent sentence together then you're right......the rest of us have much to learn from you. You are oh so more advanced.