And So The Kumbh Mela Begins

PAL 07

I have slowly weaved my way through this long discussion about kumbh mela etc and all the arguments and counter arguments. Very interesting.

All I wish to say is sometimes 2 fruits look alike but inside they are different. You cannot place bathing at Hindu or other tiraths on the same platform as the Amrit Sarowar around Harmandir Sahib and attempt to talk about them in a single sentence or under the same breath. This is because pawan pavitar Illahi Gurbani is sung and recited all day along at Harmandir Sahib which blesses the sarowar water and everything in its environment. So, a dip at Harmandir Sahib sarowar is part of the bigger uplifting spiritual/religious experience of being at Harmandir Sahib. It is our sharda and bhavna that nothing else can compare to that. A trillion saints and sadhus and ascetics, bathing in the waters of a river does not make it equal, even an iota in status, to jal that has been blessed by Dhur Ki Bani, and no one should ever try to attempt to draw some equal comparisons between the two, based on some internet videos of the healing energies of some hindu tirath.

Secondly, if certain preachers of Sikhism wish to capitilise on such gatherings at Hindu festivals involving rivers and tiraths, solely to preach Sikhi that is up to them, but I am doubtful as to how many actually convert to Sikhism based on preaching at such places. There are many, more modern and effective ways of doing Sikhi parchar and letting others know about Sikhism that we need to be focussing on including the internet, and utilising other upcoming multi media technologies.

It can be very tiring reading that such things are acceptable etc, because such and such a saint has gone, or goes there. I keep repeating, that, rather than worry and constantly trying to emulate what a certain saint does or does not, focus on what you need to do. In Sikhism, at the end of the day no matter how highly blessed a certain 'saint' is, that person is but just another Sikh because at the heart of Sikhism there is no heirarchy but complete democracy, where every Sikh is nothing more than a son or daughter of Guru Gobind Singh.

My humble request to veer Only five is to never even consider getting deleted and for the admin not to delete him. Standing up for Gurmat is never easy, because many people's views about Gurmat are out of focus due to many reasons and correcting a person who has either being brainwashed or got themselves brainwashed the wrong way is a difficult job. You are a very straight forward Gursikh gifted with a razor sharp insight and bibek concerning the content of gurmat/manmat in issues that get discussed here, and hence, regard your contributions here as a continuing sewa for Sikhi and as Satguru ki sewa. Dismiss any ideas of quitting please, this is my bentee. Please exercise so much more patience when you feel you are just rubbing against a brickwall because your presence on this site is very vital.

My advice to n30 is as I have advised before elsewhere. Your posts reveal that you read around a lot and draw inspiration from the lives of Sikh saints etc and also watch many internet videos. This is all very good but in life your journey in Sikhi has to move on from phase to phase in order to progress. Sometimes you just need to put away all those videos and knowledge, and start focusing on your personal individual nijhee journey in Sikhi which should be primarly based on swaas swaas simran, so you create a blank canvass where no one else but only Satguru is now beginning to touch your understanding and consciousness with pure nirol gurmat. This will change the nature of what you post on any website to be something that does not create contention, but draws others to love you as a very true, humble and blessed gursikh, whose posts are not a regurgitation of others take on Sikhism, but something blessed arising from you Naam soaked inner that touches the souls of those who read what you have to say. Sikhism and Gurmat are much deeper than a hundred youtube videos and thousands of bachans of sants put together, but you need to create a blank canvass in your mind and come to a point of garibi in your heart where you can cast away the anger/frustration/hatred towards those who appear not to like you and your point of view or you feel are threatening you one way or another. That's when the next level will come your way. Sikhi and Gurmat are beyond the words of any person. They are like a 'Light' that you will experience as you go higher, but to go higher you need to go lower, much much much more lower than where you are now. This impressionable gyan filled mind needs to still itself before the Voice of God and that is more easily said than done.

I've said it to OnlyFive Ji on a previous occasion and I'll say it again: Learn to differentiate between friend and foe.

He possesses some awesome insights, occasionally blunt, but sometimes we need a straight-talker to shake us out of our reverie especially if everyone around us is not being completely frank with us to the point where mistakes begun to be made. I think he forgets some people aren't far along on their journey in Sikhi as he is. When I first joined this site I read his stuff and it seemed very intolerant and too harsh on many issues in Sikhi. Now a few years down the line and I can see there was truth in those words, and the problem was MY perception at the time. I'm not saying he's 100% correct all the time, of course. Nobody is.

A bit of politeness towards those who perhaps don't deserve a tongue-lashing wouldn't go amiss. The reason? People will be turned off from the arguments made in his posts - no matter how valid - if they feel the vessel from which these ideas are originating is not practicising what is being preached! But hey, what do I know?

N30Singh is overflowing with knowledge and seems like a good lad. I do wish OF and N30 would bury the hatchet (and Chatanga Ji as well). Tbh I can't hold a candle to either of them. :biggrin2:

*nervously waits for OnlyFive Ji to return and accuse me of being RSS or a hater of the Gurus*

:blush2:

Only five, what's this bakwas about closing your accounts? What sense does that make? And what's this fight between n3o and onlyfive. I agree with only five that it is really ignorant to compare Amritsar to Ganga. But only five sounds really childish calling names and fighting. Singhs and Singhnis need a cold shower stat!

Humkire veer ji, thanks for your post. I do consider sikh saints at highest regard but with that being said, I always encourage others to rise above from idiolizing mentality - don't idiolize your sant or bhai sahib or prof ji but rather look at the deep message behind their actions/attributes/dedication towards gurbani...as message is more important than messenger. I do encourage others to look at the message not the messenger. For me lives of sikh saints not anyone in particular are source of inspiration but importantly their dedication, actions etc just like how you quote prof puran singh, bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji, bhai vir singh ji who are in my view are also saints as avastha of sant is not the title but state of mind. However, with that being said, I don't let lives of saints push me back in anyway regarding my own sikhi but thank you for your concern as elder brother. As you said, each divine experience are different. I don't see divinity from sant lenses but on my own experience with gurbani and meditation. Sants be it prof puran singh, bhai sahib bhai randhir singh ji, bhai vir singh ji, sant isher singh ji rara sahib, baba nand singh ji, sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale- their katha/their experience inspires us to walk in our own path not wrap our head around them in other words- sant mahapursh be it prof puran singh ji, bhai sahib ji, sant mahapursh also ultimately show the mirror to its student to see their own reflection and relationship with Gurbani and show us the mirror to respect gurbani, meditate on naam, be pakka in outer and inner rehat.!!

That water is blessed, which has been put on this Earth by God.

It is the affair of men to decide which water is holy and which is not.

Awesome post bro you summarize this whole discussion into two lines..your post bring fond memories from akaal ustat where sri guru gobind singh maharaj mentions jale hari thape hari... I think Guru Maharaj kabith puts the final nail in the coffin of this debate. I have nothing else to say on this topic.

Awesome post bro you summarize this whole discussion into two lines..your post bring fond memories from akaal ustat where sri guru gobind singh maharaj mentions jale hari thape hari... I think Guru Maharaj kabith puts the final nail in the coffin of this debate. I have nothing else to say on this topic.

I am afraid you, or, rather both of you got it wrong because it really does NOT summarise this discussion into two lines! It is not theologically correct to say that ''It is the affair of men to decide which water is holy and which is not.'' because that statement negates the power of Gurbanee, and the supreme pleasure of God Almighty, to make water become Amrit! It also inherently holds the sin of implying that we can look at tirath water and sarowar water with the same understanding. I have just explained earlier that this is wrong. Further I am baffled how this romanticist statement... ''That water is blessed, which has been put on this Earth by God'' invokes memories of ''jale hari, thale hari'' by Guru Gobind Singh! Guru jee in jale hari is not talking about water being blessed but rather expounding on the theme of God's Omnipresence!

Also I am rather astonished at the speed of N30SINGH's response to my small bit of advice earlier! As I have explained in earlier exchanges on other posts when someone offers you advice you must not become defensive and respond immediately. Rather, sleep on someone's advice, let their advice churn in your mind, and try to let your inner reveal the wisdom of it. This is the way forward if you aspire to be a saint soldier in your own right. Do read it it more carefully and slowly and try to digest it so you are more in touch with your inner than your outward mind. That response you gave was really not needed.

Humkire Singh Ji,

My post are pretty pendu/tribal compared to yours so i m not going to pretend to be in your wave length, dress up my post, use words which i cannot use as everything comes from heart here or bother with my etiquette as we have already went quite far in this topic and besides i m not competing with your post and i m on your side for most part- don't take me as a threat- i left gupt section to you as i genuinely believe you can do lot better job than me with your inspirational post and experience and as you live gursikhi every breath for that i have nothing but respect for you..but coming back to this thread- Lets cut to the chase instead of beating around bushes as you are already been advised by others in the past at times and besides we have already went quite far in this topic.

Guru jee in jale hari is not talking about water being blessed but rather expounding on the theme of God's Omnipresence!

You can spin it whichever way you wish, it comes down to perception. I understand you are elder and more experienced than me and for that so you have due respect but lets leave the age aside for second, lets discuss surrounding your above points, its just perception of god's omnipresence and living in the perception itself Guru Maharaj is advising us to rise above from all..If we would have understood sri guru gobind singh maharaj updesh of god's omnipresence, we wouldn't be talking about - "which water is holy - mine water is holier than yours" at the first place. Is that clear cut enough humkire ji? As you said - gurmat/manmat is pretty clear cut..i am just following your own advise and your words of encouragement to only five of appreciating him being straight fwd singh with razor sharp insight .!!!

I've said it to OnlyFive Ji on a previous occasion and I'll say it again: Learn to differentiate between friend and foe.

He possesses some awesome insights, occasionally blunt, but sometimes we need a straight-talker to shake us out of our reverie especially if everyone around us is not being completely frank with us to the point where mistakes begun to be made. I think he forgets some people aren't far along on their journey in Sikhi as he is. When I first joined this site I read his stuff and it seemed very intolerant and too harsh on many issues in Sikhi. Now a few years down the line and I can see there was truth in those words, and the problem was MY perception at the time. I'm not saying he's 100% correct all the time, of course. Nobody is.

A bit of politeness towards those who perhaps don't deserve a tongue-lashing wouldn't go amiss. The reason? People will be turned off from the arguments made in his posts - no matter how valid - if they feel the vessel from which these ideas are originating is not practicising what is being preached! But hey, what do I know?

N30Singh is overflowing with knowledge and seems like a good lad. I do wish OF and N30 would bury the hatchet (and Chatanga Ji as well). Tbh I can't hold a candle to either of them. :biggrin2:

*nervously waits for OnlyFive Ji to return and accuse me of being RSS or a hater of the Gurus*

:blush2:

So what your saying is i need a better marketing scheme. Maybe you can ask you know who for me......lol

I'll work on being nicer, but i won't promise anything for that one member. Only if he stops spreading his idol worship manmat, which his Guru Yogi Bhajan taught and told him to spread. Then we can get along.

but i won't promise anything for that one member. Only if he stops spreading his idol worship manmat, which his Guru Yogi Bhajan taught and told him to spread. Then we can get along.

I m not yogi bhajan follower. But his blunt speech/his life/his dedication of bringing sikhi to west does inspire me, my respect for yogi is same respect as baba nihal singh ji respect for him, sant jarnail singh bhindranwale respect for him, amar shahid bhai fauja singh ji akj respect for him.

I am here to discuss deep gurmat here, different perception on deep issues. I am not here to make back room deals or match fixing deals to please an individual mindset or their version of Gurmat just so they can sleep well at night..!!. I just wanted to make that clear. I have naturally tried my best to bring fwd my opnion/research on matter respectfully. I am not claiming i m on target all the time or right all the time..Bijla Singh and I did vichar on many issues in the past but i have nothing but respect for him despite of him different side of spectrum..at the end at times we agree to disagree and let readers decide for themselves.. I do accept my over sight and weakness, even bias at times..i tried my best to be honest with myself and i tried to improve myself and i know for certain that if i m not be being honest with myself one day i have to answer to guru maharaj at maharaj darbar despite of my accomplishments in my life.