AKJ Dasam Granth Kirtan

I am not sure anymore, it seems to me some sevadars of akj.org are flip flopping on sri dasam granth authenticity. Can we get updated official statement on this? Each samparda's, jatha and misal of panth had to do clarify and house cleaning when onus was put on them by panth, nirmale had to do house cleaning, so as udasi had to do house cleaning so much so they supported original singh sabha and got their help to kick bad apples/corrupt massands from their samparda.

Abroad sikhs have to remember sikhs in punjab are hardly aware of akj let alone their stance on sri dasam granth, its best to pro actively - set the record straight others wise people will exploit this and capitalize on it - tarnish the whole organization name with few people especially if these people are in higher position and control akj.org domain.

http://www.facebook.com/sikhanswers?fref=ts

http://akj.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8206

I am not sure anymore, it seems to me some sevadars of akj.org are flip flopping on sri dasam granth authenticity. Can we get updated official statement on this? Each samparda's, jatha and misal of panth had to do clarify and house cleaning when onus was put on them by panth, nirmale had to do house cleaning, so as udasi had to do house cleaning so much so they supported original singh sabha and got their help to kick bad apples/corrupt massands from their samparda.

Abroad sikhs have to remember sikhs in punjab are hardly aware of akj let alone their stance on sri dasam granth, its best to pro actively - set the record straight others wise people will exploit this and capitalize on it - tarnish the whole organization name with few people especially if these people are in higher position and control akj.org domain.

http://www.facebook.com/sikhanswers?fref=ts

http://akj.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8206

-edited-. he has neither read Dasam granth nor understood bachitra natak. His rejection of Dasam granth just because luv kush name appear in Bachitra natak is sheer ignorance.Nowhere Dasam Granth says that sikhs are sons of luv and kush.In fact Guru sahib compares house of Guru Nanak with luv kush who were worldly kings and advise us that worldly kings were finished as they fought over material possessions and land.They were left with twenty villages in the end.

ਬੀਸ ਗਾਵ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਰਹਿ ਗਏ ॥ ਜਿਨ ਮੋ ਕਰਤ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਾਨੀ ਭਏ ॥

बीस गाव तिन के रहि गए ॥ जिन मो करत क्रिसानी भए ॥

Only twenty villages were left with the Bedis, where they became agriculturists.

House of guru Nanak flourishes as Guru sahib advised us to lead a saintly life and care for others.

ਤਿਨ ਇਹ ਕਲ ਮੋ ਧਰਮੁ ਚਲਾਯੋ ॥ ਸਭ ਸਾਧਨ ਕੋ ਰਾਹੁ ਬਤਾਯੋ ॥

तिन इह कल मो धरमु चलायो ॥ सभ साधन को राहु बतायो ॥

Guru Nanak spread Dharma in the Iron age and put the seekers on the path.

ਜੋ ਤਾਂ ਕੇ ਮਾਰਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਏ ॥ ਤੇ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹਿ ਪਾਪ ਸੰਤਾਏ ॥੫॥

जो तां के मारग महि आए ॥ ते कबहूं नहि पाप संताए ॥५॥

Those who followed the path propagated by him, were never harmed by the vices.5.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਪੰਥ ਤਵਨ ਕੇ ਪਰੇ ॥ ਪਾਪ ਤਾਪ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਹਰੇ ॥

जे जे पंथ तवन के परे ॥ पाप ताप तिन के प्रभ हरे ॥

All those who came within his fold, they were absolved of all their sins and troubles,

ਦੂਖ ਭੂਖ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਸੰਤਾਏ ॥ ਜਾਲ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਏ ॥੬॥

दूख भूख कबहूं न संताए ॥ जाल काल के बीच न आए ॥६॥

Their sorrows, their wants were vanished and even their transmigration came to and end.6.

Bachitra natak

http://puratanjatha.blogspot.ca/2012/11/puratan-jatha-and-sri-dasam-granth.html

Puratan Jatha and Sri Dasam Granth

The Akhand Keertani Jatha’s Relationship with Sri Dasam Granth Sahib

A Saroop of Sri Dasam Granth at the start of Chandee Dee Vaar

The Akhand Keertani Jatha`s relationship with Sri Dasam Granth Sahib has been a long and interesting journey. Starting with the times of Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Jee where Bania from Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee`s Pavittar Granth were recited daily by Singhs of the Jatha, to now where some Jatha Singhs disregard Dasmesh Pitha Jee`s Pavittar Bani. If one reads Jail Chittian, there is mention of Bhai Sahib`s companions in Jail reading Dasam Bani:

ਕਈ ਪ੍ਰੇਮੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਤਾਂ ਸਮੁਚੀ ਪੰਜ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੀ ਹੀ ਕੰਠ ਕਰ ਲਈ। ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਿਤ ਨੇ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਕਾਲ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਉਸਤਿਤ ਬਚਿਤਰ ਨਾਟਕ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਬਹੁਤਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਕੰਠ ਹੋ ਗਈ।

“Some of my beloved companions had memorised the entire Panj Granthi. They had also memorised Bania from Sri Akaal Ustat and Bachittar Natak.”

Furthermore:

ਫੁਨੇਹ, ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ, ਸੁਖਮਨਾ ਸਾਹਿਬ, ਬਾਵਨ ਅਖਰੀ, ਅਕਾਲ ਉਸਤਤ ਆਦਿਕ ਬਾਣੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਪਾਠਾਂ ਦੇ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਸਰੋਤ ਆਨੰਦ ਮੰਗਲ ਹੋਣੇ।

Banis that were recited daily by Bhai Sahib and his Companions in jail include (but are not limited to) Funhe, Sukhmani Sahib, Sukhmana Sahib, Baavan Akhree, and Akaal Ustat.

This proves the fact that Bhai Sahib not only believed in these Bania, but encouraged his companions to recite them daily.

Further evidence can be found in Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh`s writings. Anyone that has ever read at least one of Bhai Sahib`s books knows that Bhai Sahib quoted heavily from Sri Dasam Granth Sahib.

There are those that mention that Bhai Sahib believed in the Banis that support “Gurmat” but never supported those Bania in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib that are full of “Manmat” and “Bahmanvaad”. However Bhai Sahib in his writings has quoted from the following Bania from Sri Dasam Granth:

Bachittar Natak,Brahma Avtaar,Shabad Hazare P 10,Chandee Dee Vaar,Akaal Ustat,Rama Avtaar,Krishan Avtaar,Shastar Naam Mala,Giaan Parbodh,Charitaropakhiaan (Chaupai Sahib),Zafarnamah,Sarbloh Granth,Uggardanti.

Showing us that Bhai Sahib believed in the entirety of Sri Dasam Granth Sahib and not just a select few Bania. In the following excerpt from Gurmat Lekh by Bhai Sahib, he clearly writes that those that doubt the authenticity of Sri Dasam Bani are wrong.

“In Bachittar Natak from Pauri 93-95 and in Sri Akaal Ustat from Pauri 211-230 of the Deeragh Tribhangee Chhand (ਦੀਰਘ ਤ੍ਰਿਭੰਗੀ ਛੰਦ) there is mention of demons being destroyed by Avtaars. This is all through the power of Akaal Purakh. But those that have doubts believe that the lines from Bachittar Natak are in line with Gurmat and are thus Mukhvaak, but they believe that the lines from Akaal Ustat are contrary to Gurmat so they do not believe them to be Mukhvaak. But this is all their misunderstanding (i.e. it is all Mukhvaak Bani), which we have cleared up above.”

(-Gurmat Lekh-Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh, pg:72-74.)

The fact is that Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh and his companions fully believed in all of Sri Dasam Granth and it is a sad fact that members of the Akhand Keertani Jatha have fallen from the high ordeals Bhai Sahib set. Bhai Sahib restored Gurmat in a period where Manmat was the norm. We pride ourselves over Bhai Sahib’s accomplishments but sadly we have forgotten what Bhai Sahib believed and practiced.

Well personally I am not really in favor of exposing an individual or anything like that ...in other words- i m not in favor of band aid fixs( he may be removed from organization, but idea will spread- you can shut the person by kicking them out from jatha, but you cannot remove the idea as idea lives on subtly inside for generations) ..i m looking for rather root fix.

We must realize this is idea we are fighting here based on ignorance, insecurity and paranoia not any individual. So in this case, i m not asking akj as an organization/jatha to vilify/demonize this individual but rather simply keep pro-acively doing parchar of sri dasam granth and invite katha vachaikhs of sri dasam granth in their smagams and come up joint statements (tapoban/akj/akj international/other branches of akj) to re-enforce/re-iterate the importance of sri dasam granth in jatha and an appeal how all jatha members are all highly encouraged to follow- sri akaal takth sahib steady fast decision on sri dasam granth..thats all.!!

Well I agree we have to refute missionary/kala afghana ideology but with that being said its imperative we don't lose focus, we need to keep concentrating/refuting- message/idea being broad casted here by pseduo missionaries rather than concentrating on individual/messenger.

However, in this case since the person in question is highest authority representating the jatha by owning/running the akj.org website in cyber space, its important akj as full organization should condemn this individual in a statement otherwise- jatha name inadvertently or inadvertently will be tarnished. And I say this, as well wisher despite of differences with akj and i say this by looking at the bigger picture in panth, which is Unity within diversity in the panth.!!