question about high school

Sister

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WJKK, WJKF:

FYI, if you live and go to school in California, you are allowed to wear your kirpan provided it doesn't exceed a certain length and is securly strapped into your gatra. The case that established this is:

Gurdev Kaur Cheema v. Harold Thompson, 67 F. 3d 883 (9th Cir. 1995)

Also, the Sikh Coalition has a wealth of information about what your rights are when it comes to wearing your kirpan in the school and workplace. If you guys ever run into a problem, please be sure to contact them. Go here for more info:

http://www.sikhcoalition.org/InfoKirpan.asp

-Gurfateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i think that glue stuff thing is weird...what does it do?...does it glue the blade into the sheath?...i think it is beadbi of the Sri Sahib.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

wjkkwjkf!!

i agree wit surrey singh wuts the glue stuf gona do anyways and its beadbi...

wjkkwjkf!!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

that glue thing is beadbi of siri sahibs...... ur kirpan isnt just a symbol ... it is also a shaster..... u get caught in a back ally one day and some one comes up to u with a blade to rob u or somethin .... wat are u spose to do ? ..... throw ur siri sahib at him .... that wont hurt either cuz all the glu will cusion it. do not glue ur siri sahibs together ..... plz

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Veeroo Instead of bringing negative remarks, can someone bring solid proof or document of the California School Kirpan case So that i can give it to my friend and he give it to his dad and his dad talked with the School board Officals.

It's their personal decision and that was the ONLY step that school Board officals are agreeing it with them after they found out that he's wearing kirpan and this happened in Sacramento- capital of sacramento..

yes it's not proper respect and there are also several other NOT proper respect happening to kirpan (like tucking siri sahib in luggage while airport dogs sniff luggage and smokers baggage handlers and so on..) i think you guys get the idea.. So bringing the documents forward will be great help and leave the habit of making remarks ON EVERY SINGLE ISSUE !! a request ^_^