Path

In the old days even in the early 60s, there was no electricity, tv, computers etc. Hence, by tradition in Sikh families we did all our Gurbani 'path' reading during daylight, and as the evening and dusk settled we had dinner and did Raehraas, followed quite shortly by Sohila and then ardas and off to bed so we could wake up early for Amritvela. Hence it had become almost like an unwritten rule not to read any path after Raehraas for reasons I just explained and in fact still constitutes a teaching prevalent among some deras in India. I think this is the basis of bhai sahib's question.

Saying that, of course things have moved on since, with electricity and modern technology, which enable us to do path for longer periods during anytime of the day, evening or night, apart from the set times for Nitnem.

This singhs questions are really hard to understand.He used to ask me a lot and I couldn't understand anything.

:lol2: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the singh is trying to say that are we allowed to do path after rehras or do we have to do path before rehras. eg. doing shastarnaam mala after doing rehras...... or....... doing shastar naam mala before reciting rehras... is their a particular time doing those extra parths?

Do it whenever you like.I usually do shastar naam mala before I go to sleep.

Lol yea I can't be stuffed righting the hole lot lol ;)

Writing *

Writing,whole

You should have asked me first.I feel useless now :( thanks a lot.