Ravidassia Times on Twitter

Azaad

Has anyone else come across the Ravidassia Times account on twitter? Recently one of their posts have been outlining the rise of "Khalistani Sikhs" and how the "Ravidassia Community" is in danger from such "fanatics". One of their tweets is below:

Why we dont support Khalistan? the Sikh Taliban are on the rise - WATCH - Imagine our people's treament? http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=62e_1356288681 … via @liveleak

there is a lot of bitterness in the Ravidasia community, between themselves and Sikhs, and between themsleves as well, as the Ravidasiya Granth has not been accepted and has actually driven a wedege beteen their community.

I can understand their anger a little, we just need to use examples of our own to realise, but i would definitely support some kind of intitiative where both community's can meet and talk and at least try to build bridges of communication if not friendship.

I cant see the video. If the incident is to do with the Blakenhall fight, isnt that amongst themselves and nothing to do with Khalistanis? Or is every angry Sikh now a Khalistani?

I think Sikhs should avoid stirring the pot, petty arguments on Twitter can be easily misinterpreted. The prat who runs that account sympathises with muslims and goreh extremists but has a hatred for Sikhs. If you look through his tweet history there are times where he mixes Sikh achievements in with Ravidassia ones (like success in the UK/businesses owned) and other times he cant stop sticking the knife in. Considering how some of his followers consider themselves 'Proud Chamars and Sikhs and Indians' in their bios, I just cant them seriously.

I would ignore this. Most of this happens all the time. I too have been to Ravidassiya gurudwaras and they do parkash of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and avoid this sort of stuff. They face many problems themselves. Missionaries, the Ravidassia Granth etc. Just keep knowledge of ithiaas and Bani and these guys can easily be misproven. And is the old man even a part of their community? No, hes an amritdhari nihung abusing amrit. Did Bhagat Ravidass give official blessings for a Ravidassiya Koom? No, so how long can it last?

I cant see the video. If the incident is to do with the Blakenhall fight, isnt that amongst themselves and nothing to do with Khalistanis? Or is every angry Sikh now a Khalistani?

I think Sikhs should avoid stirring the pot, petty arguments on Twitter can be easily misinterpreted. The prat who runs that account sympathises with muslims and goreh extremists but has a hatred for Sikhs. If you look through his tweet history there are times where he mixes Sikh achievements in with Ravidassia ones (like success in the UK/businesses owned) and other times he cant stop sticking the knife in. Considering how some of his followers consider themselves 'Proud Chamars and Sikhs and Indians' in their bios, I just cant them seriously.

Yes they encourage caste themselves and have a cry about it when it gets out of hand and they are given a dose of their own davai.

Their aim is to create a separate "Ravidassa" religion. Their slogan is "We are Not Sikh, we are Ravidassia"

They have gone to every Ravidassia Gurdwara in the UK over the last couple of years and did a salesmanship job on why Sikhi is bad. They have been very effective as:-

1) Ravidassia finally got recognised as a religion in the 2011 census.

2) The new religion officially now has over 11,000 UK adherents.

3) In our local Ravidassi Gurdwara even the committee were heard arguing, 50% saying we are Ravidassia's, the others saying we are Sikhs.

The main issue is that all their arguments are based on lies and manipulation. They are also very active in non Sikh local and national groups, and they defame Sikhs wherever and whenever possible. With the whole aim of making us look like extremists.

So whats the solution:-

1) Do camps at Ravidassia Gurdwara's and spread the true message of Sikhi to any disillusioned Ravidassia youth.

2) Do more regular Sangat with the,

3) Build good relations with the committees

etc

From all I can see, the ravidassia baradree as a whole is very, very, very divided. So much so, that it is really, really, really sad.

Sad, firstly, because the members of this community are the same as those blessed, beloved sons of Maharaj that He adopted as His own, when no-one, hindu, muslim, or otherwise, was willing to accept them.

"Ranghrheta, Guru Ka Beta"

"Inn Gareeb Sikhon Ko Dehon Patshahi

Yaad Karen, Hamri Guruyai"

"Sava Laakh Se Ek Laraon,

Tabhe Gobind Singh Naam Taraon"

Just a few days ago we collectively remembered that Magnificent, Amazing, Unparalleled and Unique test of tests, examination of examinations, when the Khalsa passed with flying colours: The Breathtaking Battle of Chamkaur Sahib. That Outstanding, Auspicious, Hallowed, and Unprecedented occasion in the history of modern man where Maharaj proved all His promises and more, when

One Singh of Maharaj sought and obtained His agya to face one million Mughal soldiers on his own.

Maharaj accepted the hukam of the Panj Singh Sahibaan, no questions asked, Sat Bachan, thus gifting His Patshahi to His Gareeb Sikhan at once. and;

Maharaj chose His beloved beta, Shaheed Baba Sangat Singh Jee, of all the Singhs remaining, to receive the honour, privelige, and above all, Daat to adorn His Pavitar Kalgi.

Sad, secondly, because these they continue to be denied the Daat that He intended for them.

And Sad, thirdly, last, but not least, because most of them don't even know it.

All brilliant points above but dont most of them refer to the Mazhabi/chura community rather then the chamaar community who make up most if not all of the "Ravidassia" religion??

^^

Not necessarily true.

Undoubtedly, Baba Jaitha Jee is of the Mazhabi baradree.

But both Shaheed of Garhi Chamkour Sahib Baba Sangat Singh Jee and Shaheed of Saka Chhote Sahibzadiyan di Shaheedi Baba Moti Ram Mehra are of the same baradree as Bhagat Baba Ravidas Jee.

Well pointed out about Bhai Sangat Singh Ji (jashb Paji)

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/67555-bhagat-ravidass-and-ravidassias/

Punks like this Congress pimp on twitter don't have any answer to the fundamental truth that Sikh are the "true" Ravidassia's

--------------------

Mirch = I run a page on facebook and want to do an article on Ravidassias. Who they are etc.

UK = We as Sikhs are all Ravidassia's by virtue of the fact that we bow down daily in reverence to the words of Dhan Dhan Sri Ravidas Ji Maharaj that are within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj

Mirch = Can anyone please tell me about them

UK = Unfortunately, by virtue of the fact that some within our community are either too ignorant to realise the above or have persisted in holding discriminatory thoughts against those whose ancestors were engaged in the same noble profession as Ravidas Ji Maharaj (of providing leather-related goods, for example shoes so that we human beings could walk safely from A to B) ... a certain percentage of Sikhs whose ancestors were engaged in the same trade as Michael Schumacher's forefathers, have chosen to self-define themselves as Ravidassia's because enough of us Sikhs don't realise that every Sikh is Ravidassia by default. Similarly, pride in the fort of Ramgarh and the Ramgarhia Misl's achievements against the Mughals was saanjha to the whole Qaum but unfortunately in modern times even those achievements have been (unfairly) appropriated away from the wider Sikh Panth's collective pride by exclusionary committees.

Mirch = and why they are copying Sikh traditions such as Jaikara and Nishaan Sahib and changing it to their own style? Why Sachkhand Ballan rejected Guru Granth Sahib Ji and only uses Bhagat Ravidassi's bani?

UK = At this point in time, thankfully the majority of folks in Punjab whose ancestors were connected to the leather trade are Sikh and still have devout faith in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Maharaj. However, Indira Gandhi realised that as Sikhs of this ancestry comprised the second largest demographic element of our Panth after Jatts (yet faced discrimination primarily from the same) ... she realised that if this integral demographic component could be split away from the Sikh Panth it would be as if one of our Panth's arms was cut off. Hence, an elaborate plan was hatched with the Dera Ballan boss at the time (Garib Dass - who despite the name was very wealthy thanks to the funding Indira fed him) that in order for him to split Ravidassia Sikhs away from the Panth, a new place of worship in Uttar Pradesh was required, a new Hindu-friendly bani to split Ravidassia Sikhs away from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj had to be created and in order to create a separate identity a different Jaikara and Nishaan Sahib were required too. In short, the aim of Indira and Garib Dass was a wholesale transformation of erstwhile Sikhs into Hindu's so that instead of such Sikhs worshipping at their local Gurdwara's (which were predominantly saanjhay at the time) to get erstwhile Punjabi Sikhs to worship at a Mandir in UP so that the local Hindu shopkeepers in Varanasi could simultaneously profit (in return for their loyal support to Congress in 1980 and 1984). It's ironic that we Sikhs did nothing about that in terms of addressing discrimination seriously and aggressively, given that the Hindutva philosophy had always despised Dhan Dhan Ravidas Ji Maharaj and the whole reason leather work was even looked down upon as polluted was thanks to classical Hindu beliefs as espoused in Manu Smriti. Nevertheless, since 1980 countless parents with names of Singh and Kaur have named their children with the suffixes of Ram+Lal or Devi+Kumari instead as cultural markers to dissociate their connection with Sikhi.

Mirch = Why they view him as Guru and no one else?

UK = A lot of that is as a result of the anti-Sikh conspiracy outlined above but also because certain fake Sikhs did not treat others within the Panth as the true brothers they are. We can either correct this now and immediately so or it is a demographic inevitability that Sikhs will be below 50% of the Punjab population in the 2021 census. Doaba is now a minority Sikh region due to the success of Indira+DSB and the stupidity of caste-believing fake Sikhs.

Mirch = The history of Bhagat Ravidass and Gurbani. And what our Gurus have said about him.

UK = Bhagat Ravidas Ji Maharaj's Ji's shloks are within our present day Guru more than even Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj's contribution. That says it all especially considering the fact that our 6th, 7th and 8th Masters words are not within Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

UK = When Gurbani mentions "The slave Nanak craveth the happiness of being made the dust of the saints' feet" ... it is quite clear that Dhan Dhan Ravidas Ji Maharaj and Dhan Dhan Kabir Ji Maharaj were two of the Highest of the High Saints being referred to (however, all Sikhs are also aware of our Guru's incredibile humility)

UK = Either we as Sikhs eradicate all discrimination within the Panth (especially at matrimonial stages and separate GuruGhars) before this decade is out or let's be prepared to usher in 2021 with Sikhs a minority in Punjab and hated by folks whose ancestors were Sikh (like the famous example of Giani Ditt Singh of Singh Sabha) but who are increasingly being transformed into Hindu's by our enemies as a result of our failure to live up to what Vasakhi 1699 represented. If cultural practises are different at Ravidassia Gurdware let us still recognise our brothers and sisters as Sikhs and let's remember that the Guru's taught that those who face the most hardship in life are in fact those closer to God as evidenced in the Sakhi which showed who was the "higher" of Malik Bhago and Bhai Lalo Ji