So Why Sikhs don't have any unity? Please share your input..!

N30S1NGH

I think its those reasons. But also I think its purely because there will probably never be 100 per cent unity in any group/religion/sect or whatever. No religion has unity. Look at Muslims, Christians etc. Shias, Sunnis, Protestants, Catholics etc.

Everyone has a different take on something. It's just the way it is in my opinion. But I think if we grew in numbers and got a proper leadership and a standardised message in parchar, I think we'd have less of this.

Leadership is the most important thing. The problem is that as a people we Punjabis (most Sikhs being from a Punjabi background) are a turbulent lot - individualism and independance can be good and can also be devisive. Many Sikhs forget that SGGS is their Guru and jathabandi factionism becomes a tool to get one over the next man, rather than being a tool that the Mahapurukhs had originally intended for, in that it being a guide to the fundamental cores of Sikhi.

In previous times Sikhs had clear leader role models eg Banda Singh Bahadur, Nawab Kapur Singh, Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Maharaja Ranjit Singh. In the modern times our greatest modern leader (Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale) showed us a spark of the benefits of leadership and as Hukum would have it his days on this Earth were cut short and there was no chance for that spark to form an inferno.

Zaz, spiritual wise Sikhs (we) are more satisfied than others. Our last guru sahib in body form gave gurgadi to Sri Guru Granth Sahib so that whenever we need spiritual guidance, we turn ourself to our guru sahib's gurbani (dhur ki bani).

What this thread is about that how Sikhs should improve to have better social-political unity.

I think lack of depth in parchar at Gurdwaras also plays important role directly/indirectly in the panth unity..I can speak from my own expereince- basically I have been to many small cults in the past, which are contary to Gurmat and blended with them, just to observe- how they do things, and how they are able to get followers from all different major religions and I have made mental notes inside and spoken to their followers (amritdharis/non amritdharis alike). These cults have basic things right despite their philosophy has flaws which over time fall a part. The most common thing, these small cults offer - a) they don't demonize/villify their followers b) their parchar is able to connect to common man and connect to human level such as- their parchar usually surronds around topics such as inner peace of mind, mind control, divinity, mysticism- exploring oneself deep inside, than outer garb or rituals.

Our mainstream sikhi parchar don't have basic things right yet off course overall parchar is rock solid when it comes to political activism/pride/upholding respect for guru sahib but with that being said- we cannot sustain sikhs in the path (amritdharis/non amritdharis alike). Don't get me wrong outer garb and rituals are integral part of our faith..its equally important but i beleive we have over-emphasized on them so much that we were loosing focus on internal sikhi. It's not about rejecting one for another but striking a right balance.

First of all our basic parchar itself which is just take amrit, guru would be happy and talk people in guilt trips falls a part as parcharaiks have not cover the basic which is- a) first to mould/prepare people bowl(mind) where one builds a capacity to hold and sustain amrit b) prepare and make one's will power stronger so one can grow kesh and follow outer rehit go opposite of social norms..all that is done by parchar of our history, our guru's- prem/scarifices for humanity- conversation between sri guru nanak dev ji and sidhas, deep question listed in sri akaal ustat related to mind, body and atma, dharam and deep throbbing yet simple question answers between bhai dya singh ji and sangat listed in soraj parkash granth, mokh parkash granth, let seeker totally indulge in curiosity and let seekers indulge in questions- encourage seekers to think outside of box and seek for answers rather than shun them away and make them sheeps like so our religious goon leaders herd them whichever way they want if certain sheep starts ask too many relevant questions, they been perceived as automatically an threat and they get shun away- use the burn that witch protestant attitude, villify the hell out of them instead of sitting them down with pyaar answer all their doubts and questions..!!

One of main reason we cannot sustain sikhs in the path of sikhi and be united is due to this perception of parchariks. Parcharaik whole mentality that his main target or main job is get people to take amrit. Yes, that should be one of target for parcharik but that should not the only target of a parcharik. Most parchariak in gurdwara feel that their job is done once amrit sanchar is completed and thats it, no job is not done..amrit is just admission to school for the students- what happens after? Well usually in the school you have teachers(parcharikh) teaching the students and they get quizes/test so every student knows where they stand, if they pass their exams..they move to different grades- diploma, bachelor, masters and phd. Which worldly school teaches its student/teachers to concentrate on just getting more students in the university or asking students to concentrate on other students and wrap their head around uniform and basic stuff? Uniform is natural component should come in naturally. Which worldly school teaches it student to fight with other fellow students and over what?

So if we could be that discplined and that united in worldly school, why can't we that discplined and united in spiritual school?

We have no structure whatosever where one can see parchar tranisitioning through different phases.

So not only we need improvement in parchar of encouraging people to take amrit... we also need improvement providing sangat/parchar those who have already taken amrit so they are sustained/inspired consistently.

Lot's being said regarding unity and lot of damage is already being done to the panth unity internally. I think at this point, its needed more than ever to work with amritdhar fellow sikhs themselves (if we can sustain them that would be more than enough than make parchar available to masses as that would be bonus), give them something to reflect on/chew on through out amazing journey of sikhi (i am sorry raw sakhiya of sant mahapursh/bhai sahib just does not cut it anymore since it has been done so much it has became counter productive rather)- give them depth of sikhi/stages in spirituality so they keep sustained in the path of sikhi otherwise days are not far where it would become norm of amritdhari sikhs just take amrit as status symbol, to get more power/authority to preach and be self righteous cactus jacks and ultimately form themselves cultish like mormon/amish/jevoh witness type tight knit community rather than staying in khalsa panth itself, seeing united panth from eagle eyes and bigger picture- 360 degree angle(full view) than tunnel view.

Jab eh gahei bipran ki reet ll Main na karon in ki parteet ll

Now 'Bipran ki reet' has different meanings according to different prespectives. But whatever the meaning Guru Saheb Ji meant....is the reason we don't have his protection and guidance anymore.

Thinking of the above, I wanted to say 'Lack of Rehat'...but then again...we don't agree upon one minimal basic rehat either!

If I think about the 'Lack of education' perspective, which could inculcate moral values and so on...I wonder about the 'parey-likhey' Professors of the Panth... :stupidme:

The result: For unity to be prevalant in the panth, there has to be aapsi-prem/bhaichaara or in simple words - Love. Without good Karams, one can't get to read Gurbani. Without reading Gurbani one can't get rid of ego and have unconditional love for the Humanity.