Why do admins lock threads for no reason? I thought this was a forum?

Akal Warrior

Just wondering why so many random threads are being locked lately. I noticed this trend in the last year. This is a forum for discussions. I visit many different forums (not just religious ones), and i have never seen the type of censorship that occurs here. Whats the reason for this? It seems that there is no freedom left on this site, like there used to be. Admins just lock threads instead of letting them run their course and different opinions being presented. Sometimes, only one side of the story is presented, and before a second opinion is presented, the topic is locked.

Apart from closing threads, some admins also edit posts for no apparent reason. I posted yesterday and my post was deleted without any reason and when I reposted again, it was heavily edited. I think the power has gone to some people and they need to be reined otherwise this forum will lost a lot of good posters.

We will figure out and try to relax on closing threads too early. We won't close threads anymore based on whether topic been discussed on forums before or not.

Proactive ji, Both admin and mods can edit any posts/replies only if it goes against forum rules other than that they or we don't have any reason to edit them. If you wish, please edit your post and send me the pm and we will take it from there.