DJ Bobby Friction refuses to play songs with any mention of caste.

DailyMail

In all honesty I don't see what harm punjabi songs can do compared to the crappy bollywood channels.

I mean how many of us know of sikh relatives that decide they will do their rehrass before or after their bollywood drama serial is on ????

If the programme comes on before or later, then they HAVE to move their daily rehraas slot accordingly !!!!

These are older, wise and respectable beings we are talking about

Punjabi music does not have the derogatory effects as these primetime crappitee crap shows.

NO !!!!!!! :angry2:

I disagree most strongly with everything said in the last few messages above.

Grow up my brothers. Don't you see how the likes of Dal Singh are educated brothers who know Punjabi culture as much as you do ?

Alexander the Great sees the Punjabi farmer farming the field and he sends his famous letter home to his mother in Greece about it.

Do you think it was about us Jatts ? :wow:

No !. At that time, although all of the khatris, aroras and kambojs were Punjabis we Jatts were still nomads in Sindh who had never even heard of Punjab. Thus this ancient warrior Punjab is theirs.........not ours.

When the whole of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh has started saying ' Chake de' do you think it belongs to us jatts ?

No !! Since the beginning of the Persian wheel the khatri and other farmers in Punjab have been shouting in their Punjabi voices to their fellow farm workers in their neighbouring field to pick up the plank of wood and let the water flow in our irrigation system.

The likes of Bobby Friction and Dal Singh know these things. One didn't become clever and the other didn;t become rich by knowing nothing. They know the farming movements and they also know that the current bhangra movements have everything to do with Amitabh Bachan and Sharukh Khan of Bolllywood and very little to do with the genuine bhangra movements practiced by Khatri, Tarkhan, Chamar and Jatt alike in days gone by. If you wanna see the genuine Jatt farming movements to bhangra than see how the old timers do their slow motion stylee movents in wedding videos. Those, what you see as our jatt farming body movements, are the traditional movements that the mirasis did to try and please us. The 'bhangra' of today is nothing but what our unpadh brethren of today have learn't from Bollywood.

Days gone by. This is what this is about. This is about about the virsa of Punjab. We have, as a DJ on the most listened to broadcaster in the world: The BBC.....a DJ that is paid well with the understanding that he knows the virsa of Punjab, but in actual fact knows less than my youngest, who is 4.

My youngest, who is 4, knows that the relevance of the Shakespeare and language and he shouldn't play games with the English language. Presumable Bobby Friction does too.

But Bobby Friction has a brain far less advanced than my son. Bobby Friction is a 30 year old son of a sikh born in west London. My son is a 4 year old born in west london. My son understands the TALIBAN significance of banning the classics that defined the literary and intellectual glory of Punjabi music.

Result ?

My baby son, barely out his nappes = man

Bobby Friction = boy barely out of his nappies but drawing a grown man's wage.

Conclusion ? Why has the BBC got in charge of the folk history of one of the world's most ancient languages....a man with less knowledge about it than a 4 year old just out of his nappies ?

Chamars start singing silly songs about how great it is being a chamar ? Yes of course ban it. Because it's silly and has no cultural significance.

Tarkhans, for no reason other than 'caste' start singing silly songs about how great it is being a tarkhan ? Yes of course ban it. Because it's silly and has no cultural significance

Bhatras, start singing silly songs about how great it is being a bhatra ? Yes of course ban it. Because it's silly and has no cultural significance.

But how can you justify banning, killing and hiding any mention of Shakespeare ? The jatt mentionings are an integral part of the Punjabi maa boli because of their literary significance. If they are not Taliban who burn books than what are they who burn books ?

Well done again !!!

You have really impressed me today on two occasions regarding music.I wasn't aware that many of you know this out there.!

What you mention about khethi moves like 'fasaalan,lehrian, japaan, bedi, phull...etc..'' are ALL based on the working life of the jatt farmer.

This is the very reason that no one has ever taken offence to bhangra being associated with jatts, because the roots of it are completely about khethi.

In traditional bhangra music no one has ever taken offence about jatts being promoted or anything. Infact, the majority of the most popular folk singers that sang about the jatts dancing at the mela..etc.. were NOT even jatts themselves !!!

It's the sad lot of today who are taking offence and going out making chamaar songs thinking that they have to match up, when really it's nothing about being better or matching up. -It' about the origins.

Well, you are quite impressive yourself sir! Lol.

The fact that you actually know what the moves are called, puts you in a select group. :respect:

I agree that most people don't understand the history of Punjab, and it's those ignorant people that have a hand in destroying Punjabi culture.

Are there any good Panjabi songs these days that don't involve eyeing up (or grabbing) a woman, drinking alcohol, or beating the crap out of someone?

Or should I just stick to my Hans Zimmer, John Williams, and Danny Elfman? :biggrin2:

Hard to find nowadays, but there are still some out there.

Grow up my brothers. Don't you see how the likes of Dal Singh are educated brothers who know Punjabi culture as much as you do ?

Alexander the Great sees the Punjabi farmer farming the field and he sends his famous letter home to his mother in Greece about it.

No !. At that time, although all of the khatris, aroras and kambojs were Punjabis we Jatts were still nomads in Sindh who had never even heard of Punjab. Thus this ancient warrior Punjab is theirs.........not ours.

When the whole of India, Pakistan and Bangladesh has started saying ' Chake de' do you think it belongs to us jatts ?

No !! Since the beginning of the Persian wheel the khatri and other farmers in Punjab have been shouting in their Punjabi voices to their fellow farm workers in their neighbouring field to pick up the plank of wood and let the water flow in our irrigation system.

The likes of Bobby Friction and Dal Singh know these things. One didn't become clever and the other didn;t become rich by knowing nothing. They know the farming movements and they also know that the current bhangra movements have everything to do with Amitabh Bachan and Sharukh Khan of Bolllywood and very little to do with the genuine bhangra movements practiced by Khatri, Tarkhan, Chamar and Jatt alike in days gone by. If you wanna see the genuine Jatt farming movements to bhangra than see how the old timers do their slow motion stylee movents in wedding viseod. Those, what you see as our jatt farming body movements, are the traditional movements that the mirasis did to try and please us. The 'bhangra' of today is nothing but what our unpadh brethren of today have learn't from Bollywood.

Days gone by. This is what this is about. This is about about the virsa of Punjab. We have, as a DJ on the most listened to broadcaster in the world: The BBC.....a DJ that is paid well with the understanding that he knows the virsa of Punjab, but in actual fact knows less than my youngest, who is 4.

My youngest, who is 4, knows that the relevance of the Shakespeare and language and he shouldn't play games with the English language. Presumable Bobby Friction does too.

But Bobby Friction has a brain far less advanced than my son. Bobby Friction is a 30 year old son of a sikh born in west London. My son is a 4 year old born in west london. My son understands the TALIBAN significance of banning the classics that defined the literary and intellectual glory of Punjabi music.

Result ? My baby son, barely out his nappes = man

Bobby Friction = grown man with mind of mall child who probably soils his pants.

Conclusion ? Why has the BBC got in charge of the folk history of one of the world's most ancient languages....a man with less knowledge about it than a 4 year old just out of his nappies ?

At the beginning of your post, I was about to call you a traitor.

Then I realized you were being sarcastic.

Well played... :happy2:

And might I add Chakk De Phatte!!! Bruah!!!!! :strong:

At the beginning of your post, I was about to call you a traitor.

Then I realized you were being sarcastic.

Well played... :happy2:

And might I add Chakk De Phatte!!! Bruah!!!!! :strong:

Oh but I am being sarcastic towards you paaji.

The Khatris, Aroras and Kamobj Sikhs were shouting 'Chak de phatte' 800 years before us jatts because we jatts were still in Sindh on the borders of Baluchistan before we had even heard of something called Punjab let alone stepped afoot on it. Like I said....without being sarcastic...the ancient warrior Punjab farmer is THEIR history. NOT ours.

Ours is the literary and classic literary history of Punjab.

How much respect would you have for a man that wanted to anihilate any mention of everything mentioned by Shakespeare ?

Bobby Friction wants to anahilite everything mentioned by someone more influential than Shakespeare on a language more ancient than English......900 years more ancient than Hindi........Important because it is the only tonal language in the Indian sub-continent.........One of the most ancient languages in the world.

My point here is directed to the likes of Dal Singh who has the intellectual capability to understand what I'm saying. Bobby Friction has his heart in the right place. But his brain is a hundred miles away.

Moral of the story ? The internet is full of articles of how the Punjabi language is on the list of the world's dying languages. And here we are celebrating how an ill-informed, uneducated, well-paid bufoon of the BBC is being paid to contribute towards it's destruction ? :wow:

The likes of Bobby Friction and Dal Singh know these things. One didn't become clever and the other didn;t become rich by knowing nothing. They know the farming movements and they also know that the current bhangra movements have everything to do with Amitabh Bachan and Sharukh Khan of Bolllywood and very little to do with the genuine bhangra movements practiced by Khatri, Tarkhan, Chamar and Jatt alike in days gone by. If you wanna see the genuine Jatt farming movements to bhangra than see how the old timers do their slow motion stylee movents in wedding videos. Those, what you see as our jatt farming body movements, are the traditional movements that the mirasis did to try and please us. The 'bhangra' of today is nothing but what our unpadh brethren of today have learn't from Bollywood.

Result ?

My baby son, barely out his nappes = man

Bobby Friction = boy barely out of his nappies but drawing a grown man's wage.

Chamars start singing silly songs about how great it is being a chamar ? Yes of course ban it. Because it's silly and has no cultural significance.

Tarkhans, for no reason other than 'caste' start singing silly songs about how great it is being a tarkhan ? Yes of course ban it. Because it's silly and has no cultural significance

Bhatras, start singing silly songs about how great it is being a bhatra ? Yes of course ban it. Because it's silly and has no cultural significance.

But how can you justify banning, killing and hiding any mention of Shakespeare ? The jatt mentionings are an integral part of the Punjabi maa boli because of their literary significance. If they are not Taliban who burn books than what are they who burn books ?

You said that very well !!

and put it across so much better than I could.

Oh but I am being sarcastic towards you paaji.

The Khatris, Aroras and Kamobj Sikhs were shouting 'Chak de phatte' 800 years before us jatts because we jatts were still in Sindh on the borders of Baluchistan before we had even heard of something called Punjab let alone stepped afoot on it. Like I said....without being sarcastic...the ancient warrior Punjab farmer is THEIR history. NOT ours.

Ours is the literary and classic literary history of Punjab.

How much respect would you have for a man that wanted to anihilate any mention of everything mentioned by Shakespeare ?

Bobby Friction wants to anahilite everything mentioned by someone more influential than Shakespeare on a language more ancient than English......900 years more ancient than Hindi........Important because it is the only tonal language in the Indian sub-continent.........One of the most ancient languages in the world.

My point here is directed to the likes of Dal Singh who has the intellectual capability to understand what I'm saying. Bobby Friction has his heart in the right place. But his brain is a hundred miles away.

Moral of the story ? The internet is full of articles of how the Punjabi language is on the list of the world's dying languages. And here we are celebrating how an ill-informed, uneducated, well-paid bufoon of the BBC is being paid to contribute towards it's destruction ? :wow:

Oh...sorry. I thought you were being comical...but you're really serious.

Lol.