DJ Bobby Friction refuses to play songs with any mention of caste.

DailyMail

Says who? Like they haven't been drinking and sharing wives between brothers and buying women like cattle in the very recent past.

Says Surinder Shinda. :biggrin2:

No, you need to get it in your head - jats are the worst culprits. In pinds so called 'lower castes' aren't complaining about systematic discrimination/exclusion from other minority groups like lohars, khatris, tarkhans etc. who are usually in tiny numbers in a village They are talking about jats. You're just in denial about that. It's usually some jumped up 'son of a zamindaar' who will be perving and trying molest so called 'low caste' girls. We even had a confession earlier from someone who was told by his own grandparents of how jats would physically abuse people who worked for them. There is a longstanding problem in this department jats need to squarely face up to and stop trying to hide from or excuse.

In my daadke and naanke pind Jatts are a minority but the Chamaars still live seperately. Yes blame it on the Jatts again, thats what this thread has become, Jatt bashing. It doesnt mean if one persons grandparents abused the people that worked for them that all Jatts do. You're unfairly putting us all in one group, i could do that about any of the other castes.

Have you seen the behaviour of some of these so called "low caste" girls??

Again, a tactic to avoid shouldering responsibility by tarring other people with the dirt on yourselves.

Again, i think Surinder Shinda would disagree.

Im not trying to promote caste in any way but you seem to think the downfall of the whole Punjabi Qaum is because of Jatts.

I agree Hazoor. I'm rather surprised that of all places, it is on Sikhsangat I have read material that wouldn't look out of place on a hindu forum. Might as well call it hindusangat.

What should have been celebrated by all "anti-caste loving Sikhs" (i.e. all Sikhs), something as logical as it was, has turned into a 8 page diatribe.

Say what you want, but one thing is for sure, the score is: Bobby Friction/anti-caste 1 - Pro-caste/anti-Sikh 0

Sounds like Surinder Shinda and his ilk have been more of an influence on some forum members lives and worldview than the Sikh Gurus.......

What more is there left to say.......

^^^

No, casteists are being sly and making every excuse and obfuscation for their inexcusable beliefs and behaviour.

Sounds like Surinder Shinda and his ilk have been more of an influence on some forum members lives and worldview than the Sikh Gurus.......

What more is there left to say.......

^^^

No, casteists are being sly and making every excuse and obfuscation for their inexcusable beliefs and behaviour.

You have made me sound casteist. I do not encourage or promote caste in any way. I try to teach my own family and friends about it and how destructive it is.

All you've done is blame Jatts for all the problems. Ive just tried to correct you. Had you continuously put all the blame on any other caste i would have said the same things.

I mentioned Surinder Shinda because i really cannot be bothered to debate this any further. It was an attempt at light humour.

Oh and as Sherdil Veer Ji said go and read all the posts.

We HAVE got serious problems with caste. A massive part of which stems from the modern incarnation of 'Jat culture' and the mindset it creates. Beating around the bush about this just makes it fester. It needs to faced up to squarely. Simples.

Doaba Sahib, Sherdil Paji and luckysingh99 Ji as three really good contributors to this site I have to say that I feel you are needlessly debating with DalSingh Paji on this point. Let's forget about the cultural history of Bhangra. Let's look at the cancer it is promoting within our Qaum today in 2013. Caste is a cancer that we need to eradicate by any means necassary. Our Panj Pyaaray came from Gujarat, Orissa, south India ... you name it ... and yet caste is still a reality in 2013 in the community despite the vast majority of Jatts being Muslims and Hindu's and those Jatts being bitter enemies of the Sikh Panth as they proved in 1947+1984. Hence, would you not agree that the DJ in question should not only be congratulated but that we should look for increasing self-censorship within the Panth to eradicate mentions of caste, alcohol, nashay or disrespect for women? If these things have a negative impact on the Panth, then like the cancer they are, they need to be eliminated in popular entertainment as a pre-cursor to their occurence in matrimonial circles and also marital issues.