California Dhunda Tour Updates

Sikhistan

Below updates i get from my relatives.

1. Fremont Gurdwara - Half maintained by rogue "America Sikh Youth" group and half management is of Simranjeet Singh Mann group. Sikh youth side called dhunda but other side is saying they will beat the crap out of him if he ever get on stage. Supreme council didn't made any decision but rumors are that dhunda won't be able to visit California Bay Area. San Jose Gurdwara management clearly declined and standing to protest against dhunda.
  2. Tracy Gurdwara - Two gurdwaras in tracy; one is of baba dharam singh taksal and newly opened gurdwara few miles away from taksal maintained gurdwara. Un-official rumour is that they cancelled his program because of heavy number of phone calls and pressure from sangat.
  3. Stockton Gurdwara - Mangement is getting mild pressure from few selected people but they are not backing down on giving stage to dhunda. Their answer is that sangat wants dhunda to be in gurdwara. They are mates of sikh youth america (also run fremont gurdwara).

Keep this topic only for updates. Post your opinion on other topics.

The latest news is Supreme committee of Fremont Gurudawar sahib has cancelled his programme.Villian is sikh youth group who by

proxy has taken management of stockton Gurudwara which has taksal based sangat. Sikh youth want to call him there and this is a ploy

by taking sangat name.

They will taste demonstarions if they go ahead.Rogues of sikh youth and so called dummy american gurudwara committe ( with no gurdawar under them)

are the main instigators.

Dhunda is clearly a troublemaker. He not so long ago was chased out of UK and now he is in USA. He must be stopped from spreading his venom.

At first i sat on the fence about this guy but it is becoming clear to me that he is no good. If he cared about the Panth he would NOT be travelling the world creating friction everywhere. He knew there would be some form of trouble when he went to USA. So why go. Why so soon after creating so much trouble in UK. One must wonder.

Why call the police. To make ppl look bad. There is no need for police. It is a Panthic musla so let the Panth sort it out. No need to get scared and call the police. You cant tell me this gurdwara management didnt know there wud be trouble. They knew it sould stur up things yet they still wanted to let him speak. So then you cant go calling the police. It is the managements fault to call him and then to ignore calls to cancel it.

Dhunda is quetionning basics of SIKHI and that is sad to see. Why does he repeatedly refuse discussion with Singhs.

Stockton management is trying to get letter from jatehdar of Akal takht and they are going to show that to public that jatehdar has no objection on dhunda. They claim that they got verbal ok from them and trying to get in writing. It is also important to note that head granthi of Stockton gurdwara is hard core missionary.

if they respect Akal takht sahib then why don't they give up purewal calendar? Instead they honor him on stage and do not follow hukam from Akal takht. Being backward area of California, it is fact that there will be huge trouble if this non-us citizen dhunda enters Stockton county.

Stockton management, if you are reading this then please shed your ego and try to keep shanti in your gurughar.

Sarbjit Dhunda revolutionary or heretic?
By Lavleen Kaur
Sarbjit Dhunda was sent packing from the UK, leaving a trail of division and disunity in the community.
His supporters claim that he is a revolutionary. The sangat claims that he is propagating anti-Sikh views that are designed to divide the Sangat.
As a neutral I decided to do a little research and attend his talks in Southall Singh Sahba Gurdwara and decide for myself.
Dhunda was very charismatic and knew exactly what to say to play on the emotions of the Sangat. He and his teacher Inder Ghagga, regularly mention names of revered panthic Sikhs like Bhai Balwant Singh Rajoana. But the message that he preaches is the polar opposite of the ideals for which Rajoana stands for. Dhunda and Ghagga claim that simran and kirtan are totally worthless activities that have never benefited anyone. Instead it is human intellect that has enabled the likes of Rajoana to seek revenge for the injustices of 1984. Rajoana on the other hand attributes all of his strength to simran, abiyaas and the power of The Almighty.
The incident that really brought Dhunda into the limelight was his statement that the kirtan recited in Darbar Sahib is too embarrassing for a prostitute to listen to. He was duly called before The Akal Takht and apologised. Members of The AKJ UK interviewed Dhunda and questioned him on this issue. His response was that The Jathedaar of Kesghar Sahib, whilst doing katha had made a mistake when listing the names of the four Sahibzade. He equally had made a mistake and apologized. It struck me that he was trying to draw a parallel to the Jathedar’s genuine oversight in and attempt to play down the huge intentional offensive remarks that he had made.
In the interview, at one point he begins to question the Gurmat knowledge of the interviewer. A basic, but very effective way to deflect attention and ruffle the feathers of the interviewer. I have read elsewhere that the Gurmat Gian Missionary College in Ludhiana teaches such debating skills.
One thing that struck me during his katha was the emphasis on doing LESS paath of gurbani and simran. However he dresses it up, the end result is always the same. On the stage in Southall he spoke of a situation in Punjab where due to frequent road accidents in a small town they decided to hold an Akhand Paat. His advice was that no such an Akhand Paat should be done. He suggested that practical solutions such as barriers on railway lines were the answer. Whilst nobody objects to the need for such road safety measures, I am sure an Akhand Paat will only benefit the people. In a very suttle way Dhunda appears to be getting away with openly rubbishing the established benefits which can be derived from an Akhand Paat.
On the same note, he also objects to the simultaneous reading of Japji Sahib at an Akhand Paat and to people reading any more than 3 banis in the morning. Dhunda’s constant attempt to reduce the prayers that Sikhs read is strikingly similar to what the British did during the Raaj to weaken the Sikh spirit. They acknowledged internally that a Sikh’s bravery and spirit is drawn from the Bani of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Thus the British resolved that the best way to attack them was to attack Gurbani.
The one drum that he constantly beats during his katha is his undying adherence to the Akaal Takht. Bizarrely, the day after The Jathedaar orders that he is not to do katha, what does he do? He takes the microphone at Park Avenue and talks!
Whilst talking and expressing his views he manages to say that he will not be doing katha out of respect for Akaal Takht. I found it somewhat amusing that he did katha (all be it shorter than previous days) and whist doing it, said he was not going to.
Confused? I was.
He took this opportunity to play on the sentiments of the innocent elderly Sangat by saying things like ‘my only crime is that I speak the truth’. He also gladly accepted a honorary saropa from the committee. I was under the impression that such intervention from The Akaal Takht would be an embarrassment to anyone. The elderly lady sitting next to me chuckled and said ‘besharm’. Sometimes it takes the Punjabi vocabulary to understand a Dhunda mindset.
Given that his associates and teachers such as Kala Afgana, Ghagga and Professor Darshan have all been excommunicated by Akaal Takht, one is entitled to be very sceptical of his apparent respect for Akaal Takht.
I have found from listening to his talks that consistently he will attack and ridicule Babas and their deras. I think that there is a problem in Punjab with deras like Ram Rahim, and I feel that all Kathavachaks should address these issues. However I was concerned that he did not distinguish between these phoney people and genuine Sikh parcaraks who have led the way during recent beadbis that have happened in Punjab. This again led me to question the intentions of Dhunda.
I am a strong believer in freedom of speech, so when I heard that some Singhs had come the Gurdwara to stop the katha I objected to this notion. However, upon arrival I saw a small group of Singhs sitting in the area where shoes are kept reciting Chaupai Sahib Paath. Upon further questioning they informed me that they did not want cause a scene in The Darbar of Guru Granth Sahib Ji so they were peacefully sitting outside. They felt compelled to recite the Bani of Guru Gobind Singh, the very bani that Dhunda regularly attacks in his katha. I was more than a little moved by their elegance, grace and composure.
There was irony in the fact that one of the protesting Singhs was a young 14 year old that seemed to be far more inspiring than the man sitting on the stage of one of Europe’s biggest Gurdwaras. He explained to me that Dhunda’s anti Gurmat veechar should be banned. I put forward my freedom of speech argument, namely that whatever our views, Dhunda should still have a right to his own. In a strong cockney accent I was politely asked if I thought atheists, rapists and paedophiles should also be given such freedom of speech at The Gurdwara. He was of course right and I made a somewhat embarrassed retreat.
Outside the Gurdwara two young boys had a projector and were playing some of Dhunda’s katha on the Gurdwara wall! This katha was even more alarming than the things that I heard him say on stage. I was told that Dhunda was holding back on expressing his true views because he was trying to build a following in The UK first; a tactic that he employed successfully in Delhi.
A day later (11/11/2012), despite The Akaal Takht Jathedar’s instructions not to let Dhunda do katha, it was announced that he would do exactly that. Despite claims by the Southall Committee that the decision had been reversed I saw no proof and none was put before the Sangat.
The evening escalated into scenes that did not belong at any place of worship.
The Gurdwara Sahib and all Sangat were the losers that night.
On the drive home I couldn’t help but feel that someone had won out of all this. I kept seeing the smug face of Dhunda. A man who had achieved his objective and won.
Jathedar Giani Gurbachan Singh of Akaal Takht had questioned whether Dhunda had come to join the Sangat or break the Sangat only 48 hours earlier. The voice from Akaal Takht was right. Everybody failed to see it until it was too late.
I have researched and reviewed Dhunda’s own words. I have spoken to his die hard supporters. I have met with those who object to him. To me, it cannot be denied that Dhunda is far more sinister than he would first appear. Just how sinister a man he is, only time will tell. I hope that we do realise his motives before it is too late.
Lavleen Kaur

Taken from a blog about Dhunda

dhundas fremont program has been now moved to known missionary sympathizer gurdwara in hayward where he will be speaking

this is stockton gurdwaras message to protesters, they havnt been listining...in their message they said for singhs to call them and all will be explained looks like they arn't gonna listen and just explain how they feel it is right, the world has lost the plot, no one cares anymore that such individuals speak such crap and are welcomed in our guru ghars.......world should just have ended then going on the years knowing this will increase and missionary followings are spreading

''This messege is from Stockton Gurdwara Management Committee if anybody want's to sit and talk on this matter we welcome them and we are more then happy to sit and talk but if you guys comeing to create problems by doing Protest then May god bless you and if anybody have any qustion Call Harnake Atwal 209-351-5965 or Kuljit Singh Nijjar 510-774-4191.Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh''

Well i think it is time to call these guys and discuss.

Lets try to keep this peacful and hopefully we can convince these brothers with love.

Alongside this it may be a good idea to get to the Gurdwara early to prevent Dhunda from coming in rather than go in after he has entered Gurdwara. This will prevent any shouting inside the Gurdwara.