Please sign the petition to UNO to Recognise Sikh Genocide

Singh, Mahan

The internet petition to the White House for declaring massacre of Sikhs in November 1984 as genocide had about 29000 signatures . In addition to that there were about 17000 signatures on paper. Now there a petition to UN that is put up on for the same purpose. The aim of this petition is to get 1,000,000 (one million) signature. The previous petition was for the White House. This petition is to be submitted to the UNO. The task of getting one million signatures is going to be much harder, but we can achieve that - especially if the people living in India take more interest this time

( I do not expect too much coming from the previous petition as the State department seemed to have showed their hands already by coming to aid of Parkash Singh Badal in the case filed by the Sikh for Justice against him the in Milwaukee. I hope, I am wrong in my feeling in this regard )

One million signature is going to be much harder . So cooperation of every one would get the task accomplished In signing the previous petition (to the White House), there are rumors that many businessmen and influential Sikhs actually opposed it because it would cast bad light on their beloved India. As well as, some Gurdware were reluctant to make their sangat aware of existence of the petition. It may be because it was started by the “Sikh for Justice” and the committees of the gurdwaras were associated with the parties in India that actually may be opposed to the SFJ’s efforts for whatever reasons.

Please, make this petition a success as well. If you can, request your gurdwara to announce it to the sangat. Also ask all your friends both Sikhs and non-Sikhs. If any one of you (UK sangat) has contacts with Sangat TV or Sikh Channel, request them to do a show or shows about the importance of this petition. I think, the successful outcome of this petition would be very helpful in preparing cases against the perpetrators

Please sign the petition

http://www.1984yesitsgenocide.org/join-the-fight