BBC Documentary on illegal immigration from Punjab

Azaad

@ HSD2 - I agree with all you've written in your last post. But you try and tell prospective migrants from back home what you told me, and you'll get the same reaction I mentioned earlier. It seems they want to see the problems (in terms of a poor economy, no jobs, etc) with their own eyes, only then will they believe what they're being told.

@ HSD2 - I agree with all you've written in your last post. But you try and tell prospective migrants from back home what you told me, and you'll get the same reaction I mentioned earlier. It seems they want to see the problems (in terms of a poor economy, no jobs, etc) with their own eyes, only then will they believe what they're being told.

I know. But the least we can do is make enough noise that the stupid East Punjabis might actually stop to think. EPs are like toddlers. Want stupid things and then cry when they get what they want and it's not what they hyped it up to be.

The fact they cant even ask themselves if England is so good, why arent the visa sellers and migration lawyers living in Britain rather than just taking their money and sticking them on a boat shows how thick they are. They hand all that money over which goes straight into the hands of people traffickers who then give Russian/Arab/European criminals a cut. If they are lucky to make it the UK without being killed, locked up or left in a ship to drift in the Atlantic (it happens) they come here and work for peanuts. They dont get benefits but work for sikhs/muslims/goreh who want extensions built for cheap labour. Most Muslims are unemployed and love the idea of something for nothing. So what the hell do these Pindus get out of coming to the UK?

They would be better off putting on some lipstick and high heels and walking around Westminster at night. They'd get more money and end up less buggered.

Does anyone think it's worth lobbying Government/MPs for an amnesty where all these guys come forward and get flown back to India? It is clear UK Sikhs cant be bothered to look after them and at least that way these guys could hunt down the people traffickers for a refund.

My personal opinion - I think most of it is due to a huge economic divide in India and a huge pool of black money.

(a). $15K for coming to Britain - 8L INR, can't a person do some business with this money in India? Probably no, because they won't stand any chance of competition compared to people with crores of INR of black money invested in the same business. People who finally decide to move probably explore all options before moving overseas.

(b). Both Punjab Govt. and Indian Govt. have no interest or probably negative interest in industralisation of Punjab. Indian Govt. at the back of its mind knows someday or another, this land is not ours and is forcibly acquired, someday or another, we will have to leave this land for Khalistan, so exploit it as much as you can, no need to motivate any industrialisation of this land. Collect 100% of taxes from people of this land, give back 5-7% and make huge noises as done a huge charity. At one time, PTL/Punwire/JCT/Ranbaxy etc. were there in Mohalli and Mohalli was seen as next business/industrial hub of Northern India, however is no longer an industrial hub. There is no Punwire/PTL today. Only a couple of IT companies, one of it is the most pissing-off Quark. Hosiery industry in Ludhiana struggles with power issues. MNCs who wanted to set-up offices in Mohalli are discouraged. Sikh industrialists from Maharashtra who set-up plants in Punjab face issues with weekly HAFTA culture from goons of Prakash Singh Badal and Sukhbir Badal.

East Punjabis turn their noses up at the thought of it, but this kind of factory work is the exact thing many grandparents did in the UK so that their kids could get an education and not have to travel the world looking for work. The Japanese, Germans, Koreans and now the Chinese all had a generation that slogged it out in the factories so that their kids wouldnt be poor and have to be immigrants in someone else's country to have a better life. What is wrong with East Punjabis that they dont get this?

I tell you what plays a big part in this! This imagined 'greatness' to many pindus have where they believe they are 'sons of the lord of the manor' and thus beneath doing such work back home. But they'll come here and work like dogs in cement no problem.

Lack of humility can be an issue. And this is yet another consequence of filling ignorant people's heads up with illusions of grandeur which are far removed from the truth/reality.

Had a thought I had to share.

My parent's generation (from back home), for all their faults never baulked at doing farm work or construction work back home - even if it wasn't for a massive fortune. So they didn't consider themselves above such things back home. Contrast that to the jumped up crap we get from apnay back home nowadays.

Had a thought I had to share.

My parent's generation (from back home), for all their faults never baulked at doing farm work or construction work back home - even if it wasn't for a massive fortune. So they didn't consider themselves above such things back home. Contrast that to the jumped up crap we get from apnay back home nowadays.

Whats your parents generation got to do with it ?

You might be working like a girl in an office but most of us Punjabi Sikhs are not only not but we are working in conditions far worse than what your parents generation had to go through. To pay for my education and research I work manual jobs through temp agencies for minimun wage. It would be an understatement if I desribed these jobs as back-breaking. They are really really hard manual jobs. In your parents generation the unions would not have allowed such conditions to exist for a worker and if they did, they would be suitably compensated in money. Whilst the majority of the people I tend to work with are eastern-european there are also a fair number of Sikhs from Punjab. They work harder today than they ever did in any previous generation.

Go to Canada. Look at the recent immigrants from Punjab there. These people are without a doubt the hardest workers in the world today. They're famous for it. They work far harder today than they did in your parents generation.

In Punjab also. Whilst acknowledging how drugs and ourselves (the way we have teased them with our big party receptions etc) have had a negative effect, things are not as bad as we sometimes like to suggest. Generally, the farmer's children are working at the same level of hardness as they did in previous generations. The only thing different now is that the sons and daughters of the chamars have stopped working for the jatt farmer. In my grandparents and parents generation it was the chamar and chamari that came and did most of the work. They no longer do so and so the farmer gets the bihari to do it instead. Things ain't that much different to how they were before. Without realising it, we've become those moaning old men and women we used to laugh about on TV. The kind that think everything about today is bad and how everything yesteryear was so much better.

The only thing thats changed.....for the worse...is us.

For those of you who, like me, had your family come over in the 1950's. Like me, it was likely your family came over illegally by assuming a false pakistani passport and sailing from Karachi. For those of you who had family come over after the introduction of controls in the early 1960's it is likely your family came over illegaly by someone in your family falsely assuming the positions of son/daughter/ wife of someone else. Nothing has changed. The only thing that has changed is the class of Punjabi that the new immigrant meets in England. The level of humanity. Our grandparents and parents were met with a community of Sikhs that went out of their way to help their fellow man. Unfortunately for the current lot of immigrants, they are met with us : The most miserable, self-centered, self-loathing bunch of complainers the world has ever witnessed. A community never happy unless we put the next man down. I pity the Sikh immigrant that comes here to England. Not because they can't make it in England but because they have to meet us. They'll look around them and see settled Poles helping new arrivals from Poland into work. They'll see Pakistanis helping new arrivals from Pakistan into the shop trade. They'll see settled Bangladeshis helping new arrivals from Bangladesh into the restaurant trade. They'll see settled Afghan Sikhs using their bridarari system to settle the next man up in his own shop, who will then himself have a duty to set the next one up. Then they'll see their own turn their noses up at them. They'll be raided each and every day by the Border Force led by teams of their own people. They will be treated like rubbish by their own people.

There is nothing wrong with either England or the new arrivals from Punjab. There is everything in the world wrong with us , the established British Sikh community. We, and our attitude, is a disgrace.

My personal opinion - I think most of it is due to a huge economic divide in India and a huge pool of black money.

(a). $15K for coming to Britain - 8L INR, can't a person do some business with this money in India? Probably no, because they won't stand any chance of competition compared to people with crores of INR of black money invested in the same business. People who finally decide to move probably explore all options before moving overseas.

(b). Both Punjab Govt. and Indian Govt. have no interest or probably negative interest in industralisation of Punjab. Indian Govt. at the back of its mind knows someday or another, this land is not ours and is forcibly acquired, someday or another, we will have to leave this land for Khalistan, so exploit it as much as you can, no need to motivate any industrialisation of this land. Collect 100% of taxes from people of this land, give back 5-7% and make huge noises as done a huge charity. At one time, PTL/Punwire/JCT/Ranbaxy etc. were there in Mohalli and Mohalli was seen as next business/industrial hub of Northern India, however is no longer an industrial hub. There is no Punwire/PTL today. Only a couple of IT companies, one of it is the most pissing-off Quark. Hosiery industry in Ludhiana struggles with power issues. MNCs who wanted to set-up offices in Mohalli are discouraged. Sikh industrialists from Maharashtra who set-up plants in Punjab face issues with weekly HAFTA culture from goons of Prakash Singh Badal and Sukhbir Badal.

The thing is that they mortgage or sell the land to get the money. Either be a farmer or dont be. Be greatful for the land and refuse to sell to anyone, especially non-Punjabis. Or sell the land and take the whole family to somewhere that needs immigrants. Britain doesnt need unskilled labour.

As for the Hindustani Government, they are sinister but not smart. If they honestly think that NRIs will have to come back one day they are kidding themselves. The world is a big place and the last part many Sikhs here in the UK would go is India. I remember a few years ago Badal was upset at how the Gujis had built up Gujirat with NRI money. He tried to do the same and didnt get a penny. No NRI will invest in Punjab with Badal in power, with a police force who are a law unto themselves and well connected people running around taking what they want 'cos they deserve it'. NRIs have all the time in world. Judging by the desperation of East Punjabis to leave EP and how they believe any stupid promise of a better future in return for their money I think it's up to East Punjabis to sort themselves out.