BBC Documentary on illegal immigration from Punjab

Azaad

we can't so much as sneeze without catching chalmydia in Southall. Coupled with the lethal cocktail of foji's, with their "maa-bhen" diyan gallaan and 'underworld lifestlye', it is no wonder that they are exploiting eachother.

Spare a thought for the poor sods who will have to marry these girls who 'waitressed' or 'worked in beauty shops'. Or the poor girls who will have to put up with the drunk, druggie, violent Faujis if they ever manage to make it back to EP.

@ simran - From personal experience I've found Sikh kids / youth / young adults in this country are rather naive and trusting in many ways compared to the same demographics back home. Sure there's bad apples in this country as well (I went to school with most of them, lol), but on the whole there's compassion for one's parents as well as friends, etc., which I find is lacking in many of the youngsters back in Panjab. They seem to be very cut-throat and ruthless, even though their home situation is very comfortable and there simply isn't any reason to behave in such a cold-hearted manner. It's sad to see them treat their parents like dirt, especially when those parents are blind to the failings and defects of their own offspring.

I really do believe you when you say for them taking a life or watching someone die as long as it benefits them is not a big deal. There is absolutely no guilt or remorse on their part. Such sociopathic traits in people you consider as your own are bone-chilling to observe up-close. You kind of stagger backwards in shock trying to collect your thoughts and wondering where it all went wrong, lol.

It goes without saying I'm commenting on personal experience and not making sweeping statements about all and sundry over there.

Well that escalated quickly.

So what are we going to do about the issue? Some people like to moan and slur others without discussing the issue in hand. These EPs come over wanting money and doing anything to get it. Unless your willing to give these girls 2-3 grand a month to leave your area, they have no intention of stopping. At least according to people in Southall who've tried stopping them.

So what are we going to do? No ones answered that point after 10 pages of discussion.

@ kalyugi yes u are right we are very naive and trusting, not only youth but also adults, and i think its just our nature and personalities that cannot think of hurting anybody but instead end up getting hurt ourselves when doing good deeds for others. I feel not only india, here too the new generation has changed soo much, its very sad to see what we were taught about respect, sincerity, helping others not intentionally hurting anybody, that its all changed and its soo difficult to tell when somebody is lieing or telling truth nowadays.

As we know one cannot see inside somebodys mann to realise until its too late what somebody's true colours are, there always seems to be a "matlabi" side to everything nowadays, whether its friendship, relations, family, gone are the days when people used to practise humanity, "insaniyat".... I m sorry to say this also from personal experience, no matter how strong one is or careful somebody will always come along to hurt the best people, the ones who are trying to do the right thing in life.

Somehow, sorry to say, people from punjab, back home from where we consider our home too, seem to be the ones that are very very talented in the word "hurt", and then twist everything around to blame the innocent party.

And all this jealous attititude towards people settled abroad in the heads, whilst we are always busy being nicey nice, polite, and when we go over to india, does anybody go out of their way for us? very rarely i guess, only those with strong relation connections.

its normally the nri's paying for their own cars to get them around, for their own food, for their own everything, and treating all th relatives too. whats that all about, even the ones that dont work here are suppose to take back gifts for them, and wat do we get?

probably a horrible suit that we never gona wear which didnt cost nothing, but when they come over here we are expected to take them everywhere spending our money which we have earnt hardly spend for ourselves on petrol, takin them to th tourist places, and treating them to weddings this and that, and shopping, even if its asda, at least we do that.

you wouldnt mind if u got th same treatment over there, then they become all sad faced and make out they got nothing, but when we leave, its like get th new chamkaneh suits and chapalaa and lots of treats for th kids, and go everywhere themselves, obviously spending money then.

The truth is the truth people think we are loaded here, as if darakthaa tho paise digdeh, when they got no idea how hard our families work and have worked, and some people are still in th same position they were 20yrs ago, they dont realise we work to feed ourselves not all go to india to make big kotiaan.,.. and we are the ones that would get the mehne and the abuse thrown at us for how come we not got a mercedes yet or ishareh that we do make our own house in india coz it gets too much for them to look after us for 2wks as guests, whereas its ok for them come here and get special treatment, coz they from india? all a load of rubbish, the genuines will not complain, and will always say jo rab nu manzoor hai, its the ones that have something that are th complainers. excuse me tusi ghar banavo ithe aake 100,000 pounds tho upar te jad holiday karn aunde tusi othe hi reho teh sanu gifts leke aake deo, can u imagine if we had the same attitude as same, how we would be belittled and then be called million names under the sun, to be told we dont believe in god. hahahahahaha...ironic really.

@ kalyugi yes u are right we are very naive and trusting, not only youth but also adults, and i think its just our nature and personalities that cannot think of hurting anybody but instead end up getting hurt ourselves when doing good deeds for others. I feel not only india, here too the new generation has changed soo much, its very sad to see what we were taught about respect, sincerity, helping others not intentionally hurting anybody, that its all changed and its soo difficult to tell when somebody is lieing or telling truth nowadays.

As we know one cannot see inside somebodys mann to realise until its too late what somebody's true colours are, there always seems to be a "matlabi" side to everything nowadays, whether its friendship, relations, family, gone are the days when people used to practise humanity, "insaniyat".... I m sorry to say this also from personal experience, no matter how strong one is or careful somebody will always come along to hurt the best people, the ones who are trying to do the right thing in life.

Somehow, sorry to say, people from punjab, back home from where we consider our home too, seem to be the ones that are very very talented in the word "hurt", and then twist everything around to blame the innocent party.

And all this jealous attititude towards people settled abroad in the heads, whilst we are always busy being nicey nice, polite, and when we go over to india, does anybody go out of their way for us? very rarely i guess, only those with strong relation connections.

its normally the nri's paying for their own cars to get them around, for their own food, for their own everything, and treating all th relatives too. whats that all about, even the ones that dont work here are suppose to take back gifts for them, and wat do we get?

probably a horrible suit that we never gona wear which didnt cost nothing, but when they come over here we are expected to take them everywhere spending our money which we have earnt hardly spend for ourselves on petrol, takin them to th tourist places, and treating them to weddings this and that, and shopping, even if its asda, at least we do that.

you wouldnt mind if u got th same treatment over there, then they become all sad faced and make out they got nothing, but when we leave, its like get th new chamkaneh suits and chapalaa and lots of treats for th kids, and go everywhere themselves, obviously spending money then.

The truth is the truth people think we are loaded here, as if darakthaa tho paise digdeh, when they got no idea how hard our families work and have worked, and some people are still in th same position they were 20yrs ago, they dont realise we work to feed ourselves not all go to india to make big kotiaan.,.. and we are the ones that would get the mehne and the abuse thrown at us for how come we not got a mercedes yet or ishareh that we do make our own house in india coz it gets too much for them to look after us for 2wks as guests, whereas its ok for them come here and get special treatment, coz they from india? all a load of rubbish, the genuines will not complain, and will always say jo rab nu manzoor hai, its the ones that have something that are th complainers. excuse me tusi ghar banavo ithe aake 100,000 pounds tho upar te jad holiday karn aunde tusi othe hi reho teh sanu gifts leke aake deo, can u imagine if we had the same attitude as same, how we would be belittled and then be called million names under the sun, to be told we dont believe in god. hahahahahaha...ironic really.

Well there's only so many times a person can keep giving until you get burnt so much you end up with 3rd degree burns (or the psychological equivalent! :biggrin2: )

You've just got to be careful and take each case at it comes, but also not forsake the genuine people in amongst the dodgy crowd. Best thing to do is not show any weakness; they thrive upon the weak and the meek. Keep your head held high and the jackals won't come sniffing.

There's two lads from Panjab who sought me out a number of years back, and although they'd been in the country close to a decade they wanted to better themselves. One wanted to use his motor mechanic skills and the other was a kirtaniye who wanted to use that particular skill-set to get on in this country. I got them enrolled onto courses in the local college to improve their language skills. First I thought they were going to be like "We don't want to study, yaar" but fair play to them they stuck with it after a bit of cajoling. The mechanic lad is now working at a good garage (as opposed to a fly-by-night operation) and has been for the past 4 years, whilst the lad who was a kirtaniye back home is teaching Panjabi via tuition to posh Sikh kids, lol. He wants to eventually start teaching music which is awesome. Of course the hard work was all theirs, I just showed them the way to the local college. :lol2: I'm not taking credit for their success!

So it's not all doom and gloom but the good guys and gals are few and far between.

• 9 years later...

Bumping this old thread. Was reading it again - very interesting and informative 

those who commented before and/or live in W and E London eg @proactive @dallysingh101

@Kau89r8 @ipledgeblue @jkvlondonetc

I remember the homelessness issue was quite big at the time. Is the issue basically gone now?

And are there less apnian selling themselves? 

Are there less ‘freshies’ who are coming via ‘donkey’ route? I know many have done over from EU countries once they got their citizenship