BBC Documentary on illegal immigration from Punjab

Azaad

Dalsingh

When was the last time you were in Punjab and lived in a pind for a few weeks? I asked this before because of your ridiculous and ignorant comments you have made on other threads. You've never answered even though you ignorance let's me know what the answer is in advance.

Anything rather than relying on the guppan that you get taken in by in your area I actually know what happens in my pind and the pinds around. The area is in Ludhiana district so it's not actually a backward area. The only person from a well to do background that I know emigrated to the UK was back within a few months. Another who had a really good job never wanted to emigrate but his relations kept hassling him to come to the UK, he was back in Punjab within a few weeks as well. All the others are gone to the UK sometimes through chhotay desh because that is the only way they can make any progress. People in Punjab aren't as stupid as you think they are. The ones with the money wouldn't risk their lives in the back of trailers trying to get into the UK, all they need do is apply for a holiday visa, see the lay of the land and then leave. Even if they don't have relatives in the UK, with their money they could easily pay someone in the UK to sponsor their visa. Only in your ignorant world would you think that someone who is rich, used to living in a kothi, and living a care free life, would risk his life, live like a bhaiya, get sworn at work by people who he would have pushed around in India and possibly be homeless all so that he can get to chase Goriyan!!

I come across loads of faujis because of my work and I have rented a house to faujis for the last 5 years. I have had faujis do building work for me so I know the situation in with them. One fauji in his early 20s told me that his family had 20 acres in Punjab. That 20 acres is probably worth £500,000 with land prices as they are now. He also said he came here for shaunk and his family were well off and didn't need anything from him. His guppan were found out when I saw that he was sending money by western union every month to his family.

Because of your inexperience of what the ground reality is in Punjab, you don't realise that no Punjabi would ever admit to you that he came here because his family is poverty stricken. He would put the truth in any application for settlement but he would never tell the truth to someone like you. Most Punjabis are guppis, even if they know you are aware of the situation in Punjab they will still try and BS you about what the left behind in Punjab. The ignorance of the person listening to the guppan obviously makes it easier for the guppi to get away with his guppan!

Spot on !!

Most or nearly all of these people are guppies.

Dalsingh seems to have been washed up a little with the guppa he comes across.

True fact is that none of them will ever admit they are hard up. They will talk about what they have and what they did back there but make it sound that they are somewhere just for the shounk. This is ALL play so that somehow they can convince someone to give them income without working hard or slogging for it.

The guys on the building sites that dalsingh faces are the worst culprits who will talk anything so that they can get away without sweating.

I don't know why they do it, but it seems to be the ongoing trend.

I see it here in Canada and it is just as big. Here they tend to get themselves into huge debts so early just for the 'Show'.

Trust me, there is not a single well off educated well settled being who will risk his life getting smuggled on trailers just for the 'Shounk' !!!

If you believe that, then you surely are real gullible !

Tell that to the Gurudwara Committees and the older generation. If you feel really bad about it you can drive to Southall and pick some of them up and let them live in your house. Then you can be their personal job advisor or pay for their tickets back to India too if you really want our nation to progress.

Thanks for your advice. And whilst I'm doing all this what will you be doing? Full time professional internet/cyber adviser/warrior. Sounds like a fair deal as someone's gotta do both jobs I guess.

Thanks for your advice. And whilst I'm doing all this what will you be doing? Full time professional internet/cyber adviser/warrior. Sounds like a fair deal as someone's gotta do both jobs I guess.

Haha funny. There are no poor homeless Sikh tramps in my town. The 'internet kharku' slur is so 2009 as well, you're the one who was so upset about the issue even though you werent doing anything about it. The Sikh homeless didnt appear overnight. The videos I posted are over 3 years old. But hey, if slagging me off makes life better for those you are so upset about, then go ahead. Soothe your ego.

I am not sure about UK but here in Canada, punjabi immigration community for past five years or so is not really at good terms with Canadian public opnion and Canadian gov't. Canadian gov't still prefers immigrants from philippines over punjabi or all in all India because of less cases of fraud, double dipping- milking the generous Canadian social system. I mean lets be honest here lately based on news/events here in Canada- punjabi community inadvertently or advertently do comes across as quite ungrateful, walking with entitlement - always on high horse (not humble/grateful), always whining always against something one thing or another against be it canadian social services/canadian gov't but at the same time have no issues double dipping and milking the system and fraud marriages -we don't have good reputation- famous case of punjabi men marrying his own taya di kuri- sister and use her as anchor to get here, case is quite well know and its quite embarrassing actually, not to mention punjabi drug problems/gangasters killing, force marriages, honor killing of daughters/female fetocide- kurimar/narimar in our punjabi community makes us less desirable in the view of Canadian public as they rightly judge on what they see instead of reading glorious history of panth, they judge what they see- which is we rather segregate ourselves more, become anti-social/hostile group - double dip/milk the canadian generous system at the same time than integrate into Canadian soceity with having a right balance (integration- yes, annihalation- No..!!).

In terms of sikh fascism here in canada, some of it is exaggerated by media as they look for scapegoats all the time- thats what they do for living, but some of it is quite real...really don't want to open up can of worms now do we?..lets just leave it at that..!!

Proactive

Your notion that the Panjabi peasantry in pinds are starving huddled masses is comical. Plenty make a good living. Sure, some of the smaller landholders may not be in a viable position but one of my points (that I thought I made clearly) was that jumping to the UK, with all the eastern European competition without bothering to do your homework and upping your prospects by learning some trade at some rudimentary level is a FOOL'S move. They could easily do this, but don't want to. You, probably being from an hogi peasant background yourself probably can't see this because it seems to be an oversight made by every last pendu farmer type. Some sort of collective blindness?

I never said all freshies were here to pull white girls, so you can stop making 'statements' ups. That being said, come out to Ilford (not that I recommend it!) on a weekend evening and you'll see PLENTY trying.

As for faujis not having land back home, watch this interview for yourself.

You're probably going to make out like he is making it up I guess, so that you can maintain your rubbish fiction.

Underlying all of this is the fact that a lot jat people in pinds backhome, need to learn to live within their means i.e. humbly, and maybe chasing unrealistic dreams is a fool's game. There is no harm in putting the fact that people should do their homework before they jump into a situation, out there!

For the time being, until things improve here, freshies should avoid the UK and head for Canada or the US if they want better opportunities, unless they have connections here that can ensure that they don't end up risking homelessness and whatnot.

Oh yeah, another thing you overlook is how some well heeled families have shipped out their 'amlee' spoilt junky sons out here in desperation.

Again, I'm not saying that help should not be given but facing up to some bitter truths isn't a bad idea either.

Plus I have to ask, are some of you 'proud farmers' only really bothered because these guys are fellow 'sons of peasants'?

In terms of sikh fascism here in canada, some of it is exaggerated by media as they look for scapegoats all the time- thats what they do for living, but some of it is quite real...really don't want to open up can of worms now do we?..lets just leave it at that..!!

Maybe we should!

When has hiding and ignoring issues ever not come back to haunt us - big time!

I totally agree..in fact i have been trying to consistently point out sikh fascism here and elsewhere why we should not promote shady characters in our nagar kirtan floats - vaishakhi nagar kirtan floats, shady characters pictures on gurdwara wall and why we should -tried to bring up issues shoved under the carpet which is damaging us in longer run and exploited by in media..response is been mixed- bitter and sweet..sweet because people somewhat agrees despite of the differences, bitter because there are individuals who are perceiving my post as a threat that i m ought to get them, rather get on - shooting the messenger bandwagon/burn the witch attitude rather concentrating on the message or look at the bigger picture..we all live in denial...we are quite insecure and paranoid community, we all love to sing our glorious history of past but when it comes to live by actions/principles set by our guru's, our ancestors saint-soldiers/advait shaheeds..we all run short..!!!

Haha funny. There are no poor homeless Sikh tramps in my town. The 'internet kharku' slur is so 2009 as well, you're the one who was so upset about the issue even though you werent doing anything about it. The Sikh homeless didnt appear overnight. The videos I posted are over 3 years old. But hey, if slagging me off makes life better for those you are so upset about, then go ahead. Soothe your ego.

Brother, no one is 'slagging you off', nor would it make life better please calm down. Yes you're right, the plight of fellow sikhs has upset me in the past and that's why I have been doing things about it and calling you an internet warrior. It was because of ego that I didn't proclaim how I've been trying to help. If 'sikhs' like you were only occasional upset by sangats suffering then 'Sarbat da Bhala' would be real and tangiable. Dhan Guru ke Pyaare.

Oh yeah, another thing you overlook is how some well heeled families have shipped out their 'amlee' spoilt junky sons out here in desperation.

Again, I'm not saying that help should not be given but facing up to some bitter truths isn't a bad idea either.

Plus I have to ask, are some of you 'proud farmers' only really bothered because these guys are fellow 'sons of peasants'?

Are you saying that only the jatt kids are druggies ???????

The fact is that if a son is shipped out to get married, it's because he's doing drugs or drinking too much, so the shoukh of UK should fix him. Then if a young daughter is shipped out for marriage it's because no one will marry her back there as she has gained her own reputation of having been the local <banned word filter activated>, or someone that all the pind boys have had a ride on !!!