Is eating langar at Gurudwara sahib do any disadvanatage to us

scooter

I have seen many times few Gurskihs went to gurudwara sahib , listen to Gurbani , do sewa and never eat lanagar.

i asked them why they do this.

they told me that if we eat langar , then the person who is doing bthe langar , we have to give some % of simran to him.

He even don't eat anything from anyones house. he always eat from his own home.

I want to know that how much is the logic in it.

I have also head some katha where Bhai Manj ji used to eat lagar from Gurudwara sahib Khooth but then Guru sahib told him that by eating Lagar you getting fruit of your sewa.

Does it mean that we avoid if possible to eat lanagar at Gurudwara sahib. I have been eating langar for many years,

I was a student and one of the reason to go To Gurudwara sahib was eating langar as its dificult to prepare at home.

So i want to know how much we are suffered by eating langar.

because if there is some drawback then will stop eating lanagar and will try to prepare at home.

Guru amar das Ji maharaj said first eat langar then come and sit in the gurus presence.

That can be true but i have also listen in some katha that we have to give some simran when ever we eat something from someone. Thats was the reason people requests Pan pyare or other mahapurushs for parshada in their home and then they do Ardaas for them

That can be true but i have also listen in some katha that we have to give some simran when ever we eat something from someone. Thats was the reason people requests Pan pyare or other mahapurushs for parshada in their home and then they do Ardaas for them

I have never heard of this.Intersting.

yes even Guru Nanak Dev ji , suggested Mardana to do path after eating . because that good food contains a lot of things.

fer mann vich farne uthde ne . to keep them down you need to do path afterwards

im listening to Sri Suraj prakash Granth katha im on 7th file now , it was mentioned in it .

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FGurbani_Ucharan%2FKabaal_Singh_%28Hazoor_Sahib_wale%29%2FSri_Dasam_Granth_Sahib_%28Hazoor_Sahib_Bir%29

yes even Guru Nanak Dev ji , suggested Mardana to do path after eating . because that good food contains a lot of things.

fer mann vich farne uthde ne . to keep them down you need to do path afterwards

im listening to Sri Suraj prakash Granth katha im on 7th file now , it was mentioned in it .

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FGurbani_Ucharan%2FKabaal_Singh_%28Hazoor_Sahib_wale%29%2FSri_Dasam_Granth_Sahib_%28Hazoor_Sahib_Bir%29

If you eat first then you won't have any excuse to run away from doing the path.

More research is needed on actual diet/ingredients of langar around Guru's time. The stuff we eat now (with mirch masala's) at langar especially at abroad gurdwaras is no where close to what sangat used to eat around Guru's time. Bhai Chaupa Singh Rehitnama along with his grandson bhai chibber singh rehitnamas talks about the diet. We already know- daliya(oatmeal), chaul(rice), dal(lentils without any tarka) and kheer was part of langar around Guru's time. May be bijla singh veer or dalsingh veer/ chatanga veer can research bit more about diet surronding guru's time.

I have never heard of this.Intersting.

Has your family ever done an Akhand path? We had an Akhand path at home and we gave food to panj singhs first. I had no idea why they did it though.

Langar at Baba Gurditta's gurdwara at Anandpur sahib is the bomb! The sabji was sooooooo nice, I never ate rotian in India (only paronthe, don't like roti taste) but the gurdwaras langar was so nice. Had bengunh sabji.