Is eating langar at Gurudwara sahib do any disadvanatage to us

scooter

I have seen many times few Gurskihs went to gurudwara sahib , listen to Gurbani , do sewa and never eat lanagar.

i asked them why they do this.

they told me that if we eat langar , then the person who is doing bthe langar , we have to give some % of simran to him.

He even don't eat anything from anyones house. he always eat from his own home.

I want to know that how much is the logic in it.

I have also head some katha where Bhai Manj ji used to eat lagar from Gurudwara sahib Khooth but then Guru sahib told him that by eating Lagar you getting fruit of your sewa.

Does it mean that we avoid if possible to eat lanagar at Gurudwara sahib. I have been eating langar for many years,

I was a student and one of the reason to go To Gurudwara sahib was eating langar as its dificult to prepare at home.

So i want to know how much we are suffered by eating langar.

because if there is some drawback then will stop eating lanagar and will try to prepare at home.

There is no logiv here - just bibble babble. - There cannot be no suffering from eating langar - what planet are u on boss?

agree with kalygi -- not to take it to extreme and treat like a dessert dinner

Has your family ever done an Akhand path? We had an Akhand path at home and we gave food to panj singhs first. I had no idea why they did it though.

Langar at Baba Gurditta's gurdwara at Anandpur sahib is the bomb! The sabji was sooooooo nice, I never ate rotian in India (only paronthe, don't like roti taste) but the gurdwaras langar was so nice. Had bengunh sabji.

We are more of a sehaj paath family :biggrin2:

Has your family ever done an Akhand path? We had an Akhand path at home and we gave food to panj singhs first. I had no idea why they did it though.

Langar at Baba Gurditta's gurdwara at Anandpur sahib is the bomb! The sabji was sooooooo nice, I never ate rotian in India (only paronthe, don't like roti taste) but the gurdwaras langar was so nice. Had bengunh sabji.

they do it because panj singhs are guru roop

I have seen many times few Gurskihs went to gurudwara sahib , listen to Gurbani , do sewa and never eat lanagar.

i asked them why they do this.

they told me that if we eat langar , then the person who is doing bthe langar , we have to give some % of simran to him.

He even don't eat anything from anyones house. he always eat from his own home.

I want to know that how much is the logic in it.

I have also head some katha where Bhai Manj ji used to eat lagar from Gurudwara sahib Khooth but then Guru sahib told him that by eating Lagar you getting fruit of your sewa.

Does it mean that we avoid if possible to eat lanagar at Gurudwara sahib. I have been eating langar for many years,

I was a student and one of the reason to go To Gurudwara sahib was eating langar as its dificult to prepare at home.

So i want to know how much we are suffered by eating langar.

because if there is some drawback then will stop eating lanagar and will try to prepare at home.

yes, it's true. no suffering need be involved. basically, if someone does your seva, than they get some of your kamai. if you want to offset this than just wash a few dishes or clean a few shoes before you go home. i don't know how much seva is needed to offset it btw.

Guest dasguruka

My Dad never really eats langar at gw but he's busy at work most of the time. He always says you never know what the people who put the langar on had "sukheya" like they want some stuff to be done whether it be prosperity in business or ardass for someone to get better...I don't know what he was trying to say. Personally, if someone asks me to eat langar then I never say no.

My Dad never really eats langar at gw but he's busy at work most of the time. He always says you never know what the people who put the langar on had "sukheya" like they want some stuff to be done whether it be prosperity in business or ardass for someone to get better...I don't know what he was trying to say. Personally, if someone asks me to eat langar then I never say no.

He himself does not know what he he is trying to say.

The institution of the Sikh langar, or free kitchen, was started by the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak. It was designed to uphold the principle of equality between all people regardless of religion, caste, colour, creed, age, gender or social status, a revolutionary concept in the caste-ordered society of 16th-century India where Sikhism began. In addition to the ideals of equality, the tradition of langar expresses the ethics of sharing, community, inclusiveness and oneness of all humankind. "..the Light of God is in all hearts."

Surely not eating langar is anti-Sikh?

I used to avoid eating langar because I felt it was enough to partake of karah prashad. I felt it was being greedy. Now I realise eating langar with everyone else is like a mirror of sitting in Guru Ji's darbar. If you go into a Gurdwara to matta tek, you should also partake in langar. See it as being the same as sitting in the darbar. Even if you all you do is drink some water, it's good.

He himself does not know what he he is trying to say.

The institution of the Sikh langar, or free kitchen, was started by the first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak. It was designed to uphold the principle of equality between all people regardless of religion, caste, colour, creed, age, gender or social status, a revolutionary concept in the caste-ordered society of 16th-century India where Sikhism began. In addition to the ideals of equality, the tradition of langar expresses the ethics of sharing, community, inclusiveness and oneness of all humankind. "..the Light of God is in all hearts."

It started out as this, but what has it become now? It has become a place wher lazy people like me can come get a free meal and then walk away without helping in the langar hall. We have no more respect for the langar hall. We pack the plate full and only eat what is tasty to us and leave the rest to be thrown away from our plate. Langar was suppose to teach humility, pyare, compassion, contentment, and faith, but now we have turned it into a place to do nindiya, disrespect one another, and be selfish.

Langar is for everyone, but the seva is not being done. Gurdwaras are putting up signs telling sangat to wash their own dishes and the sangat goes unserved with langar. Satguru told us to be conscious of our surroundings. If we go eat langar and there is no one to do seva then we are collect bad karams on our heads. Those that do the seva are getting 2 times the fruits of their labour because they recognize there is a need in Satguru's Darbar.

the whole concept of eating langar was for sadhus....simple.. for those who were traveling and reciting naan living naan when they "stopped" at a dharmsalla , "gurdwara" it was a place to rest and eat......langar was for the travellers so to speak for sadhus..sadhus meaning one being with god.. sadh sangat meaing group of people worshipping god.. or group of holy people communing in worship of the one...even today in harmandar sahib the "locals" do not eat langar,, its for the travellers... focus on doing langar seva and langar itself will serve you..akaal