Sign in to follow this  
scooter

Feeling sleepy while simran

I have seen that when i start doing simran by closing eyes then after 15 minutes, i strated feeling sleepy.

I can't stop it.

I take shower with cold water but after doing simran with closed eyes i can do more than 15 mins.

Today i sat for 30 mins and i know how much struggle i did to sit. I was not able to stop myself after 30 mins and went to sleep in morning.

What should i do.

i can read Gurbani for longer time but with simran and closed eyes and i can't go beyond 20 mins.

what should i do.

Tomorrow i try to drink tea before simran.

• Like 1

thats the thing eat less then what you think your hunger is :)

Let us suppose

A= The food quantity

B= Sleep time

A α B

A is directly proportional to B

which we always observe in lunch time when we feel sleepy after a good meal :stupidinternet:

then why don't i sleep when i do something else. i can sit on computer in the morning at 3 without blinking my eye even though i had eaten 3 veg supreme pizza with extra cheese :)

Its only happen when i start doing simran.

Even i can do nitnem without any problem but the porblem comes with closing eyes and simran

if you listen to katha

of Sri Nanak Prakash from following link - the long version lot of doubts will be clarified . remember listen to it all . i am on 7th file :)

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FGurbani_Ucharan%2FKabaal_Singh_%28Hazoor_Sahib_wale%29%2FSri_Dasam_Granth_Sahib_%28Hazoor_Sahib_Bir%29

if you listen to katha

of Sri Nanak Prakash from following link - the long version lot of doubts will be clarified . remember listen to it all . i am on 7th file :)

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audio.php?q=f&f=%2FGurbani_Ucharan%2FKabaal_Singh_%28Hazoor_Sahib_wale%29%2FSri_Dasam_Granth_Sahib_%28Hazoor_Sahib_Bir%29

by which ragi , the link you gave is of sri Dasam Grath

thats the thing eat less then what you think your hunger is :)

Let us suppose

A= The food quantity

B= Sleep time

A α B

A is directly proportional to B

which we always observe in lunch time when we feel sleepy after a good meal :stupidinternet:

MATH?!?!? YOUR USING MATH?!?!? I NEVER UNDERSTOOD MATH!! NO MORE MATH SINGH!!! :p

What I've experienced is that except from when I''m actually really tired, if I totally concentrate on meditation or the chant (simran/Waheguru Mantar) I find it extremely hard to sleep after that, let alone feeling sleepy during it.

Dear scooter, (now this is something I never expected myself to say in my life)

Why don't you try concentrating and getting your entire focus upon the sound of Waheguru mantar or on what different things you experience within your body? For eg. your breath, any stress etc in your arms and legs(...don't ignore it...address the issue), whatever you can 'visualise in the darkness (or not).

The whole point of it is to be aware.

If you start meditating or doing simran as a chore it won't be much fun and you will automatically get bored...and then get sleepy.

Try to inspire yourself by reading other peoples' experiences and saakhis and actually make yourself to want to look forward to it.

• Like 1

Try standing up and doing simran when you feel sleepy. I often have to do this because my legs and bums gets tired and ache. This results in attention being diverted to pain rather than the simran.

On the other hand if your mind becomes still and no thoughts are coming into your mind then its not uncommon to enter a sleep like state. Body will fall asleep but mind is awake. Only you will be able tell if your dozing off or the simran continues even though body is relaxed.

Guru ji says

anadhin sachee bhagath kar sachai chith laaee ||1||

Night and day, center your consciousness on true devotional worship of the True Lord. ||1||

It's an advanced avasta which I would love to experience.

• Like 1

try doing simran out loud and listening to it. do it loudly if you need to. if you are still too sleepy, open your eyes. the best way is if you are staring at a blank wall, so there are no distractions for your mind to focus on. if you get tired japping naam out loud, you may find that when you loudly jap the 'wahe' then 'guru' follows automatically. this way a person doesn't get tired as fast.

Also, I don't think it's healthy to eat supper at 9 pm. if a person has their main meal at 6 or 7 pm, than their sleep will be more restful. you can't have a restful sleep on a full stomach.

• Like 4

somethin odd is happenin to me, whenever i say i will do this n this... last wk i decided to get up at amritvela n do simran, after hearin a shabad on th radio which went somthin like amritvela utke waheguru japp, but thought how on earth me goin to get up, as i cant normally get up that time due to my health. so as normal went to sleep.. had a weird dream, went into a room there were 3 amritdharis doin simran, but were like goin all over th place, when i came outside there were two Singhs one I knew of, and other i didnt, then i couldnt find my shoes or phone, so walked bare foot. Dream carried on where i walked into a room which looked a a hospital, and my deceased grandmother was on th bed, and got up and kept sayin on purpose i didnt come to see her, so i told her sorry that i had lost my phone n shoes, so was late.

The strong impact of my grandma in th dream woke me up, and kind of freaked me out. as if she was in th house, went to th bathroom, and when i came back saw th time it was 2mins b4 th time i wanted to wake up. Totally forgot all about th simran i had planned, until i saw th time. then could not concentrate as she wouldnt get out of my mind, but as i put all my energy into th simran i began to feel better, and slept nicely afterwards.

But th next day got sooo ill, there was sudden downward surge in my health, which I not been so bad in long time. And last few days not been so gud, now tryin to get to where i was b4.. Im wonderin whether there is any link between all this, i noticed everytime I do paat or simran n feel im gettin on right track i get ill, and also whenever my grandma comes in my dream mostly i get ill th next day.

why does this happen, i get very emotional after that i try so hard, and then go back to square one. I dont believe in dreams, but why does this happen, especially when im doin so well with my paat side of things.

sometimes people have karma that comes up, acting as a hindrance. maybe you need to improve your karma, and to do that you need more and more simran and seva and sadhsangat. I have heard that seva clears the obstacles in the path of doing simran.

btw, the fact that obstacles come up does not mean that you have bad karma, its just means that you need to have the wisdom force yourself to MAKE time for simran everyday.

• Like 3