diet plans

Guest dedicated

Agree with previous poster. Make long term changes that you can live with for the rest of your life. Look at what you eat in a typical week - keep a food diary. Analyse it. Sometimes you'll be surprised that you ate 16 biscuits in a week or that you ate quite a lot of crisps etc. Just the appreciation of what you eat can be enough to motivate you.

Next make small changes like if you drink lots of milk, then switch from full fat to semi skimmed. Change nothing else for 1-2 weeks. Get used to the change then make another one like using margarine instead of butter. Then make another change like swapping biscuits for monkey nuts, walnuts and almonds (not too many as high in fat). Do that for another 1-2 weeks. Then make another change etc.

The idea is that you need to change your entire attitude and approach to food. That's why fad diets don't work - they're short term diets that are difficult to live with. You need to change to a diet you can live with for the rest of your life.

I can't remember when I last had cake. I don't eat biscuits. I sometimes have crisps - maybe once every two weeks. I don't miss pizza or chips - I have these once a month at the most.

I use myfitnesspal iphone app (they have a website too) to track what you're eating.

Others have mentioned exercise. People think of the gym and then say no. Instead, increase the amount of physical activity you have to do. Walk to work. Or park the car further away so there's more to walk. Or get off the bus a stop earlier. Use the stairs instead of the lift/elevator. Hide the remote control so you have to get up to change the channel! Just as along as it means you're doing more physical activity. THEN increase it to brisk walks. This means fast enough that you can't say more than a word or two because you're breathing hard.

There's a program called c25k or similar. Basically "couch to 5km". The idea is to get you to run three miles non stop. I've been on this and can now do 1.5 miles nonstop. This is from someone who could probably sprint 100m before collapsing.

Margarine is VERY bad for you. Its hydrogenated, trans-fat. Trans-fat are treated as poison by your body. Its not natural. Your body will use more fat to try to cover these molecules up. Also maragarine's composition is pretty close to that of a plastic. Butter is natural and way better than margarine.

For breakfast just eat porridge and some fruits and a glass of orange juice or milk.

Margarine is VERY bad for you. Its hydrogenated, trans-fat. Trans-fat are treated as poison by your body. Its not natural. Your body will use more fat to try to cover these molecules up. Also maragarine's composition is pretty close to that of a plastic. Butter is natural and way better than margarine.

For breakfast just eat porridge and some fruits and a glass of orange juice or milk.

The margarine is going in the bin in the morning. :cool2:

Don't know about other countries but in the UK basically no margarine has trans-fats. The kind that are bad for are created during manufacturing processes. Buttermilk is used in these products which is a naturally occurring product left over from making butter IIRC.

I'll fish it out of the bin tomorrow morning. :giggle:

Okay first you have to really think about why we put on weight and why we lose weight. It’s not about cutting down on fatty foods. This is often the mistake people make when it comes to losing weight. They think if they eat less or eat less fatty foods they will lose weight.

This is completely wrong.

The main reason we put on weight is because we eat foods that are not easily digestible ie low fibre foods. This result in less waste leaving your bowels/stomach/intestines call them what you want when you go to the toilet. This results in bloating where your stomach bulges out from all the undigested food that remains in your stomach and hence you put on weight. This then slows your natural metabolism as your body cannot function normally and burn off fat with all the built up waste that remains inside. This is like a vicious cycle where you will just keep adding to the waste inside and continue to put on weight. Often when someone is overweight people think that they are big and strong. But all that this is kilos and kilos of feces (food waste that remains inside their bowels and body) when you have the bloated feeling. Your body cannot burn off fat in the normal way and then you will just continue to put on more weight.

To rectify this problem and get your metabolism at its peak. First we need to take away the bloated feeling. This happens when we eat white bread, pasta, chips and processed and tinned foods. These foods clogs up your bowels and do not get eliminated when you go to the toilet but stay inside your bowels until you get that bloated and constipated feeling. Think about it what goes inside must come outside. If it doesn’t happen the bowel will just keep on expanding until your stomach sticks out with all the food inside. And then the body cannot process or elimate foods properly hence you will just keep putting on weight.

To lose weight you need to get your bowels working at the optimum. This will result in all the food that goes in coming out. When we eat artificial foods with all the goodness taken out such as white bread, pizzas ect. Then the bowels become sluggish.

After years of food abuse and eating the wrong types of food that don’t digest properly your bowels are jam packed with undigested foods that rot inside. I would recommend you go for a colonic when a pipe is inserted into the back passage and waste that has accumulated over the years will hopefully get removed and then you can start a fresh.

Thay why eating high fibre foods like fruit, vegetables is important not only are these food low in fat but the main thing is when you go to the toilet you will expel all these foods during bowel movements this will result in weight loss. When you eat a burger, chapatis, chips. These foods don’t get expelled from your stomake during bowel movements. These foods remain in your stomake and you will continue to put on weight this in turn will completely shut down your metabolism an you will become bloated.

When you r colon/bowel is empty of backed up foods that when your metabolism will work at its peak and you will lose weight very easily. As I said before when we eat burgers and chips ect low fibre foods these foods do not come out complexly when we go for a number 2. That’s why you just end up feeling more and more bloated and put on weight.

Weight loss starts with the bowels once they a free from clogged up undigested foods that’s when the weight will come off easily and in the correct way. That’s when your metabolism will work at its best.

So don’t eat foods that give you the bloated feeling. Pizzas, chips, white bread, meat, processed foods, foods that stick to your bowel walls chocolate ect

You need to maximize the amount of waste that come out when you go to the toilet. The only way to do that is by eating fruits and vegatbles. When this happened all waste will come out when you go to the toilet. Your metabolim will turn back to normal. . its all about what goes in must come out logic.

I will also advise regular exercise this will aid in digestion of foods and elimation of foods when going to the toilet. As it helps with bloatedness.

So continue to eat what you eat now.

But swap white bread for brown bread. Wholmeal instead of artificial white flour.

Fibre fibre fibre. Always go for the wholeweat option. Ie cerals high in fibre ect. We want foods to be elimated from your stomake this will strongly help with weight loss. I have done this myself. But it took years to realize why I was putting on so much weight.

So in a nutshell . exercise ie jog for an hour or half an hour a day. Switch to natural fibre foods. Eat a lot more fruit and veg. this will start the process of cleaning the bowels and emptying of all the years of its contents that have rotted. A quick way of course to do this is get a colonic as mentioned above.

Wight loss starts in the bowels. When the bowel is clean the body is clean. when you bowel is completely clean you can most foods and you will not put on weight.. they key is eliminating foods that you eat properly. high fibre foods will do this as this foods gets the bowels working as they should do.

when you are bloated your metabolism will not function correctly.metabolism is directly linked to your bowels. when we consume hige amounts of food. the bowel simply cannot digest these foods and these foods then in turn do not get eliminated we go to the toliet. hence you will just have a stomake full of undigested foods. that is the main reason we put on weight.

Its because we are simply retaining the food that we eat inside or stomake and not eliminating them. Now my advice is you will not go hungry. Im not gonna advise on a diet where you go hungry. Im gonna advise on a diet that gets your bowels moving and working.

so you can eat as much brown bread as you wat. as much fruit and veg as you want. if you eat chapatis. eat wholemeal chapatis. The goal is to eliminate foods from your body. eating fibre will eliminate the waste inside. the weight will come off quick. soon you will notice that your stomake is not bloated and sticking out.

it all comes down to correct digestion. theres to much emphasis on exercise and eating less fat. this is obviously true to cut the fat out. but the most imortatnt thing to do is eating foods that get expelled from the body. not foods that cause bloating and constipation.

Thanks for the advice Big Tera.

The place where I do my shopping hasn't been stocking brown bread for the past few weeks and it's getting really annoying! Instead of the straight-up white stuff, I've been using the 50/50 loaves for my sandwiches. Vegetable and fruit-wise I'm good, and I eat fresh varieties of both every day. One thing I do need to improve this year is my water intake. I don't know why but whenever I drink water I start to feel really cold. It wasn't a problem before as I use to gulp down litres of the stuff years ago. I avoid fizzy, sugary drinks but I drink a bottle of Lucozade (the English equivalent of what North Americans consume is Gatorade I guess) over the weekend to keep the energy levels up. Coke, lemonade, etc., I've not drunk for years now.

Thanks for the advice Big Tera.

The place where I do my shopping hasn't been stocking brown bread for the past few weeks and it's getting really annoying! Instead of the straight-up white stuff, I've been using the 50/50 loaves for my sandwiches. Vegetable and fruit-wise I'm good, and I eat fresh varieties of both every day. One thing I do need to improve this year is my water intake. I don't know why but whenever I drink water I start to feel really cold. It wasn't a problem before as I use to gulp down litres of the stuff years ago. I avoid fizzy, sugary drinks but I drink a bottle of Lucozade (the English equivalent of what North Americans consume is Gatorade I guess) over the weekend to keep the energy levels up. Coke, lemonade, etc., I've not drunk for years now.

Yep that’s very good to drink a lot of water. But remember not to drink alot of water with food. This can slow down digestion. Whole meal bread has the added benefit that it makes you feel fuller for longer; whereas white bread has the opposite effect.

If you eat cereal go for a whole wheat option i.e. Weetabix or fruit and fiber. When eating Asian foods try and have a large salad with your meal as this is low in fat and will fill you up without adding the extra calories. Try and drink semi skimmed milk instead of full fat. Ie chose the green lid one instead of the blue. Also try and stick to low fat option foods. Ie low fat margarines, diet drinks ect. Try to grill foods instead of frying.

It will only take 1-2 weeks to a notice a difference when you have swapped all the junk and processed foods that clog up the bowels. And you have a lot more energy and feel less bloated. But if you want the ultimate benefit I would recommend something simple as jogging. You don’t have to do any complicated or vigorous exercise programs. Jogging is one of the best exercises to do. This will also combat and prevent many illnesses from happening to the body. Eating high fiber foods is one of the best ways to lose weight. Ive done it myself and couldn’t believe the amount of weight ive lost just by sticking to a high fibre diet. I went from a size 42 waist to a 32 waist. In the space of a 16 months. Now I’m actually trying put on weight lol

Yep that’s very good to drink a lot of water. But remember not to drink alot of water with food. This can slow down digestion. Whole meal bread has the added benefit that it makes you feel fuller for longer; whereas white bread has the opposite effect.

If you eat cereal go for a whole wheat option i.e. Weetabix or fruit and fiber. When eating Asian foods try and have a large salad with your meal as this is low in fat and will fill you up without adding the extra calories. Try and drink semi skimmed milk instead of full fat. Ie chose the green lid one instead of the blue. Also try and stick to low fat option foods. Ie low fat margarines, diet drinks ect. Try to grill foods instead of frying.

It will only take 1-2 weeks to a notice a difference when you have swapped all the junk and processed foods that clog up the bowels. And you have a lot more energy and feel less bloated. But if you want the ultimate benefit I would recommend something simple as jogging. You don’t have to do any complicated or vigorous exercise programs. Jogging is one of the best exercises to do. This will also combat and prevent many illnesses from happening to the body. Eating high fiber foods is one of the best ways to lose weight. Ive done it myself and couldn’t believe the amount of weight ive lost just by sticking to a high fibre diet. I went from a size 42 waist to a 32 waist. In the space of a 16 months. Now I’m actually trying put on weight lol

Awesome. I've been eating a fibre cereal for the past few months called 'All Bran'.

I'll remember that tip about avoiding water with food. That'll be a very tough habit to break as I've sat down with a glass of water with food ever since I can remember. Milk-wise I've been drinking the green-top variety since I was 15 so all good on that front as well.