learning kirtan [AKJ]

SSingh96

VJKK VJKF

I am really wanting to learn keertan in akj style as i feel it connects the sangat and gets everyone singing along

does anyone know the keys for this

and does anyone have any shabads they know which they could post the keys or make a video for would be appreciated

Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Pyare<3

Daas

I would not recommend learning akj style.Learn raag kirtan because that was used by our gurus.

I would not recommend learning akj style.Learn raag kirtan because that was used by our gurus.

Why not i feel i connect more with akj kirtan than raag :(

Bhaji,

Don't be sad about what Singh1234567 bhaji said.

Keertan in raag is indeed the best way to do keertan but if the way akj does keertan appeals to you and connects you more...then do it so.

What's important here is that you feel and connect to Guru Saheb with your sharda and love!

You can learn pyar, bairaag and sharda from akj kirtan. Learning akj kirtan because it sounds cool shouldn't be our driving force to learn kirtan ...I know thats not what you meant in your original post but i am just making general cautionary observation. The point of listening to Kirtan or doing kirtan is to invoke devotion, pyaar, bariaag which ultimately lets you connect with divine regardless of what type of kirtan it is now with that being said on the other side of token- every effort should be made to listen/sing/preserve kirtan in raagas as thats what it originally gurbani is written in raag measures.

Akj kirtan is great and so is others but i advise you only to do akj style kirtan with respect for the instruments that you are using because the worst thing to see is the harmonium being abused by akjs and tehy have not learnt how to do kirtans so the first and main rule is to respect tha saaj's that you are using. the instruments belong to maharaj so why treat them in such a bad way? do not bash the tabla until it bursts and just keep inmind you are singing His praises so do it with love. I am nnot saying this directly to anyone but those who do not look after the instruments and bash the harmonium unitil the notes start beeping and screaming and go out of tune. That is all...

I am really wanting to learn keertan in akj style

Probably enjoy the mosh pit then.

I should add that im joking!

Monday night New Year's Eve keertan divaan I heard Ragis singing to filmy tunes. Please don't do that. I still remember which song tunes they stole but forgot which Shabad they sang.

And AKJ keertan rocks! I didn't like it before, but its what brought me closer to Gurbani and was among the first things that inspired me to keep kesh/daari.

Monday night New Year's Eve keertan divaan I heard Ragis singing to filmy tunes. Please don't do that. I still remember which song tunes they stole but forgot which Shabad they sang.

And AKJ keertan rocks! I didn't like it before, but its what brought me closer to Gurbani and was among the first things that inspired me to keep kesh/daari.

I don't like Akj kirtan(maybe because I'm biased)but it doesn't make me feel good.

I love bhai gopal singh.