Recent debate a questionable one. . .

If you accept the way something is, it doesn't necessarily mean you agree with it or does it?

Khalsa Ji.

Acceptance changes as one's avastha changes. The vast majority of people including myself ask Waheguru to change things in life. There are Mahapursh of a very high avastha who happily accept the creator's decisions.

Waheguru.

Khalsa Ji.

Acceptance changes as one's avastha changes. The vast majority of people including myself ask Waheguru to change things in life. There are Mahapursh of a very high avastha who happily accept the creator's decisions.

Waheguru.

I understand this.. but more generally about a belief or a custom of thoughts? Is accepting that people think a certain way agreeing with it?

No, it's not, Bhaji.

But it is usually the best way to go about it. To actually accept that every one thinks and behaves differently solves many problems (and isn't really an easy thing to do!)

For starters, one wouldn't impose their opinions on others....and because of that one wouldn't need to debate upon anything. This leads to calm and peace :)

Thanks.. But I'm a Bhenji lol

A friend of mine inferred that accepting a system of though that is considered deviant is agreeing with it.. not sure they are still my friend now thought after the tiff!

Lol! Haha I did exactly the same what happened to me. I your sister as well :p

Back to the topic. I wasn't very sure about the meaning of the word deviant. So obviously I looked up, and this is what the dictionary says:

de·vi·ant (d v - nt)

adj. Differing from a norm or from the accepted standards of a society.

n. One that differs from a norm, especially a person whose behavior and attitudes differ from accepted social standards.

Now, the question would be, which society's norm? There are so many different societies and cultures and each one has different norms. The best bit: more or less all of it is man-made. Where there is Guru-ki-matt, i.e. Gurmat, there is no doubt ....because of its being the only norm! :)

Post 1

If you accept the way something is, it doesn't necessarily mean you agree with it or does it?

This was the question.

Post 6

A friend of mine inferred that accepting a system of though that is considered deviant is agreeing with it.. not sure they are still my friend now thought after the tiff!

The was 'probably' the OP's recent debate.