Oldest Picture of Guru Nanak Ji FOUND

BhagatBalmik

As Sikhs we should always seek the truth... Even if the truth is not what we want to hear or is different to our own perceptions and views... This closed mind set mentality is damaging and leads to loss of heritage and tradition. I wouldn't be surprised personally if the images of the Gurus we accept today are inaccurate. A prime example is the installation of the vajah or European harmonium as one our primary kirtan instruments... the vajah was never a traditional kirtan instrument it was introduced and enforced by the British to make gurmat sangeet sound like church music.. yet many modern day Sikhs don't know this..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 07/01/2013 at 10:45 PM, VanHelsingh said:

^^^ I've always wondered why in nearly every picture I've seen of Guru Tegh Bahadur, there's always an - for want of a better word - area of grey hair right underneath the bottom lip leading down to the chin. In old frescos to the Sobha Singh paintings it's the one constant that's prominent like an identifying feature.

maybe because Guru ji completed his own tasveer because painter could not capture his face , and this was a feature in that self-portrait

On 09/01/2013 at 10:25 PM, BhagatBalmik said:

I dont know if people have seen this picture, it claims to be of Guru Ji also

picture

problem is what is shorthand by persian artist and reality? We know Guru ji rejected Janeu and yet all three Sikhs are wearing Janeu Bhai Balla ji Bhai Mardana ji and Guru Nanak Dev ji themself. 

6 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

try second link 

it shows Guru ji with Janeu and short beard and topi no jooda  the inscription is in Persian

are you sure it's a janeu? 

artists back then concentrated more on poses than on small details like beard and joora.

it is a historical fact that guru ji wore a seli topi which was commonly worn by travellers back then.

antique-painting-of-guru-nanak-1354745596_org.jpg.b45230967e64aa77a4225e883817ac7b.jpgmardana7.jpg.7b1d48569049c7cb57cd2b334e0b8c42.jpgNanak.jpg.8ce7cb3c1fd39c3f72c183dc5935bcea.jpgnanak1.jpeg.2e24d4b311673cffb53d3d94f30fadb6.jpeg

in this vid bhai jagraj singh ji also talk about guru ji's topi at 0:31

3 minutes ago, 5akaalsingh said:

are you sure it's a janeu? 

artists back then concentrated more on poses than on small details like beard and joora.

it is a historical fact that guru ji wore a seli topi which was commonly worn by travellers back then.

antique-painting-of-guru-nanak-1354745596_org.jpg.b45230967e64aa77a4225e883817ac7b.jpgmardana7.jpg.7b1d48569049c7cb57cd2b334e0b8c42.jpgNanak.jpg.8ce7cb3c1fd39c3f72c183dc5935bcea.jpgnanak1.jpeg.2e24d4b311673cffb53d3d94f30fadb6.jpeg

in this vid bhai jagraj singh ji also talk about guru ji's topi at 0:31

I have no problem with Seli Topi as I know Guru ji changed to local clothing as he travelled but he did keep kesh and instructed the others the same. 
BTW last picture is a modern picture not purataan