Tweaking New forum settings including forum rules and guidelines

Sewadar

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

For the next few days we will be working on cleaning up old inactive members and tweaking few settings and we will bring up the new fresh face for our forums.

We are also working on bringing up the new simple forum rules and guidelines. Our current registration process is in dying stage as new members have to wait for days in order to participate after initial registration. We are working on that to improve the wait time from days to instant.

Let us know if you want anything particular on our forums that need to be changed.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Make rules more strict when it comes to uttering insults directly or indirectly between members and those members that direct insults at Gurmukhs. The members that have been here the longest and/or have many post should be dealt with more strict rules as they should know better than to go on a rampage insulting others.

In my opinion there should be a zero tolerance rule for insults uttered directly or indirectly. If a member calls another a fool or i diot or anything along these lines the member should be banned for a certain period of time. I say this because many members here are wanting unity and there is a very small minority on here who purposely direct insults to get a reaction out of others and the whole thread goes down the drain. This small minority is holding rest of the Sikh sangat back from learning and actually having discussions where either side can present their point respectfully. When it comes to unity in the past the bad apples were always removed from the circle and told to not bother the rest, otherwise there face would be black and blue. This system worked very well and still does. Since this is a forum it's hard to do this without the admin and mod's help of actually banning the person for a certain time period.

Also sense this is a cyber sangat there should be punishments for those that get banned. Example for a punishment is to do certain amount of paats or washing dishes. If they don't finish the punishment then they should not be allowed to write on this forum for double the time period they were banned and double the punishment. The fire is burning from the inside and many members direct this fire on other members here, knowing they are sitting in front of a computer screen. If it was face to face the member would think millions of times before shooting fire from their mouth as a punch might be waiting on the other side. Say no to violence, but neither will members step away from without fear and without hatred. Those that spit fire are here only to spread their hatred and put fear in others.

This is only one request I have from admins.............drop the hand harder on those that insults others and especially members with many post and who have been here for a long time.

Also sense this is a cyber sangat there should be punishments for those that get banned. Example for a punishment is to do certain amount of paats or washing dishes. If they don't finish the punishment then they should not be allowed to write on this forum for double the time period they were banned and double the punishment.

Makes sense, we should have them make a video of them doing paath and washing dishes, then upload it on YouTube and the link be posted on here. That way we know what they look like and confirms their seva as well.

Great stuff, whenever you guys are done with easing the registration process..please help us out as well with implementing them on sikhawareness.com as well or do send us resources link as well..we are too having same issue.

In regards to policy-

1. Please do decide policy on 3HO. No one needs to expect a black lash or needs to be shy away from posting material be it great audio lecture-katha, soothing kirtan by 3ho members just because certain members don't like it here, perfect example - http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/69593-re-man-eh-bidh-jog-kamaao/ .... perfect kirtan thread being ruined by member... who for whatever reason thought snatam kaur is enemy of Khalsa Panth so lets just ruin the thread, villify/demonize members who posted it and along with villify and demonize snatam kaur who was merely singing re man eh bidh jog kamiyo. If certain members have issues with 3HO like Gursant Singh, they should take it to sri akaal takth sahib, instead of bullying everyone on here.

If the rules are implemented to ban 3ho material be it kirtan, audio lecture, picture...its understandable everyone should follow it...but if the rules are implemented to allow 3ho material as long its gurmat orientated then no one should hijack the thread, demonize and villify individuals who started it.

2. Witch haunting (be it subtle or evident) has to stop, I am not a idol worshipper nor i m 3ho follower and last one was new allegation/accusations that i support homosexuality having anand karaj.. not sure how many times i have been called that on many threads Why? Just because i tried to take good things/aspects from 3ho and share them..that does not mean i agree with them totally...not sure how many times i have been called those labels, direct character assassination attempts were made to equate me with dhunda and darshan raggi.. so In return i have every right to vehemently defend myself against vicious/intimidated/character assassination post directed towards me.

3. Direct insults were thrown towards members such as- chatanga and myself, people bought my sister in to discussion in udasi thread/ calls were made for ban just because chatanga didn't agree sant ji was alive and endorsed baba harnam singh dhumma. Again everyone have every right to vehemently defend themselves when it directed towards their family and defend themselves against demonize and villify intimidation post- call out for ban(in cyber world it equates to silencing someone by force- totally against Gurmat aspect of freedom of speech/freedom of liberty laid by Sri Guru Tegh Bahudar Shahedi) just because people don't agree with certain individual mindset/beleifs.

Thats it for me, you guys are pretty mature and experienced...you guys know what to do...!!

Makes sense, we should have them make a video of them doing paath and washing dishes, then upload it on YouTube and the link be posted on here. That way we know what they look like and confirms their seva as well.

Even better......................when is this going to be implemented?