Jat Sikhs seek OBC status in Punjab

Mehtab Singh

Jats wanting obc status is all about the economics. Today in punjab those with obc status can get into colleges even if they have bad marks or get a good job even if they dont qualify for the job, while a jat no matter how qualified he is will not be able to get a job.

Manpreet badal had wanted to scrap this whole obc status based favours. Instead he advocated that it should be the poor of all castes who need these. Because a jat with less than two kilaas of farm land is just as disadvantaged as those currently getting obc status benefits.

Now when they have mortgaged their land to Baniya's and drank all the money in "Sharaab" and Afeem, they want OBC status.

That is quite possibly the most ignorant and casteist thing I have ever read on this site. Made worse by the fact that just a few messages ago it was explained that the current system of quotas reserved for those with obc status means that, in Punjab, there is a zero to 1% of a jatt Sikh ever finding a job. Ever.

This is despite the architects of the hindu caste-system continually reminding the jats that in their eyes, a jat is nothing more than a shudar. But all we heard for the last decade was "jat isn't part of that system, jat is a race not a caste". However, it apears the chickens have indeed come home to roost.

Dear oh dear, what a milestone this is indeed. Or is it? Afterall, the this link ( http://sikhsangat.or...atus-in-punjab/ ) merely tells us what we have known all along: a jat is a shudar. The only thing that is new is that.....jats have finally accepted it. Everyone else had known this since the beginning of time.

Afterall all the 'huffing and puffing', this is what it has come to.

Wow !! :omg: A few hours after someone here made such disgustingly casteist remarks about jatt Sikhs.....we find that the mods/admins have not only allowed the hateful message to stand, they love it so much they've even kept the thread open.

Now how long do you think the admins here would allow any thread to remain unlocked if something similar to the above was said about any Sikhs from non-jatt groupings ? Be honest now. You all know as well as I do that it would be locked instantly.

If there's one thing this thread has taught us about non-jatt Sikhs it is that their insecurity complex seriously clouds their ability to read. Time and again they've been told how the current obc status system in Punjab means that a jatt Sikh has virtually no chance of landing a job no matter how highly educated they are. The only chance of a jatt Sikh in Punjab making a future for his children is to secure obc status. With obc status comes a guaranteed job.....A guaranteed educational place......A guaranteed low pass mark needed in academic exams.....The chance to become a sarpanch........etc etc.

Tell me Daily Mail, do you detest your own children so much that you would willingly let them rot in a current flawed system rather than try to ensure their good future ?

The anti-jatt sentiments expressed on this thread are mind-blowingly ignorant to say the least.

JasSinghKhalsa learn some history tarkhans are tarkhans. They only use the name Ramgharia to connect themselves to someone from their baradri i.e the great Jassa Singh who was known as Ramgharia as his fort in Amritsar was Ramghar hence he was known as Ramgharia. There is no caste called Ramgharia it has been used by tarkhans to elevate themselves in society by using the name of someone great who they percieve to be one of their own.

Same case with kalal's (brewers, yes brewers!), they use Ahulwalia by associating with Jassa Singh Ahulwalia, from village Ahul.

By associating with great Sikh personalites people from that baradri thought by describing themselves that way we will be seen as having higher standing in society.

Yes Jatts were peasents but they gained there reputation by bravery and acheiving something on their own backs in huge numbers. Not using just one great persons achievements to gain a higher social status.

That is quite possibly the most ignorant and casteist thing I have ever read on this site.

The anti-jatt sentiments expressed on this thread are mind-blowingly ignorant to say the least.

Nah, we haven't had his Royal Highness Dalsingh make a comment yet. So I think we should hold off deciding on what the most ignorant and casteist thing written on this site is until we have his contribution.

Racist? I call it as I see it. For the best part of the last 15 years, I have read article upon article stating that "jats aren't a caste, jats are a race", "jats were somehow born with greater powers or some make-belief elevated position in feudal society". As for any "insecurity complex clouding reading abilities?", only 2 weeks ago I read on another thread a poster from SikhSangat stated how his ancestors "phyisically abused" non-jats if the non-jat somehow "didn't do as they were told" as it were. Just look at the youtube videos, mazhbi's being asked to enter through a different door. It makes me sick. Plain ridiculous! On a scale of 1 to 10, how pathetic is this? 13, 19? There's no excuses, none absolutely whatsoever. Anti-jat? Anti-caste more like it. But because it is jats who have propogated this hindu-derived ideology more than any other group, it is jats who will feel the global backlash against it. And feel it they certainly will, rest assured.

With regards to specifics about lower exams grades to enter university, guaranteed govt jobs, sarpanch, etc - I'm against 'postive discrimination'. Meritocracy is the way forward. Certainly, since 1948, reservation-based quota's have been used, and there was a reason for this, there was a time and a place for this and it was right at that time. However, I don't believe they should continue to exist. Open competition and merit-based entry into all govt jobs is the way forward. There should be financial support for ALL those individuals regardless of background from nursery level upwards. I recall in 2003, Kings College London opened a special scheme to allow students from "traditionally disadvantaged backgrounds in the local area (south London) to enter medical school.....with reduced entry-requirements compared to the rest of the intake. It mostly targetted at afro-caribbeans or students from single-parent familes. I was against that. I'm against it in the UK & I'm against it in India.

WLS, I don't detest my children, mostly because I don't have any, but point being, if I did, I would firstly teach them how the guru's annhilated the caste system, how certain groups do their upmost best to revive it and to never look down/up at someone for being from a different background. Currently, what you have is a group of people who think of themselves so highly, lets pull no punches, they do think they are something special, and who are now literally commiting suicide or abusing drugs that they are fighting for OBC status. 30 years ago, if I called a jat "backward", I would have been verbally abused. Now, they are themselves fighting all the way to be called and classified as 'backward'. You just can't make this stuff up, honestly, you really can't.....

Watched the video's in this thread just watch op's video it shows some other community, they are dalits' but higher caste dalits' so they moan about how they are mistreated by non dalits' but say they will be polluted yes polluted by dalits' whom they percieve to be loewer in the varna than themselves. HYPOCROSIY or what!!!!! Same with Sikhs ************ I have met will say they don't believe in caste unless they refer to ***********. WHAT!

Hi guys, juts want to drop by -

Jatts vs non jatts, doaba sikhs vs malva sikhs, dakhan sikhs vs utar sikhs, sikhs in punjab vs sikhs abroad, jatha vs samparda all this baggage cease to exist when one sits in contemplation/simran, one rises above from all of it see this whole earth from eagle eyes as one "jot", in fact we should not give a flying kite about it at all, the fact that this thought or talk even crosses our mind is beyond my belief, how far we are from guru maharaj advait teaching.

Sabh mėh jot jot hai soe.

The light of Parmatma (GOD) is residing in every being.
Ŧis dai chanan sab mėh chanan hoi.
The light shines in every heart with the light of Parmatma.
Zeman zaman kai bhikai samasat ek jot hai
na ghat hai n badh hai na ghat badh hot hai ||

Racist? I call it as I see it. For the best part of the last 15 years, I have read article upon article stating that "jats aren't a caste, jats are a race", "jats were somehow born with greater powers or some make-belief elevated position in feudal society". As for any "insecurity complex clouding reading abilities?", only 2 weeks ago I read on another thread a poster from SikhSangat stated how his ancestors "phyisically abused" non-jats if the non-jat somehow "didn't do as they were told" as it were

What bakwaas is this? Go back and read the posts. Nobody claimed that their ancestors did anything like this.

I was describing things that used to happen during my grandparents time, after some posters insisted that I ask them about it.

I never said my grandparents did this.

Nobody is condoning caste abuse. Nobody is sayng they are above or below anyone else. If you wanna get mad at the past then go and blame Brahmans. They are the ones who put you in your castes in the first place.

You all practice caste. You all have your own caste gurdwaras. You all use your caste surnames. None of you extended a hand out to the Dalits. You wanna fix the caste problem? Fix yourselves first.