Jat Sikhs seek OBC status in Punjab

Mehtab Singh

Woman is not a thingwho you allow to things that is part of old kaami and weak thinking where man who had no woman pursuing him attempted to trap one in order to secure fertility. That is most laughabke thing Ive seen. Also most disgusting

Why r u at parties with relatives. Go hard or go home, u do that do it properly or be a sant dont be aome donkey guarding his future incest victims.

Well you can keep your feminist ideas to yourself. Women in my family are sanskaari and have self respect and we do not allow them to dance around. I don't go to parties because of the Kanjar Khana that happens there. I'm no saint, but I do try to follow Sikhi and if that offends any feminists out there, I don't care.

Badal doesn't care what caste he is. He only cares what caste he is because it give him a leg up in the political and power hungry world. Badal has killed, robbed, rapped the same caste he is part of without dropping one drop of his blood for the Jatts.

What does that say about the wider jat community then? Maybe it's the way they stupidly cling to each other blindly, like tribal pendus that makes it easy for them to get used like you are suggesting?

Hell, even the British did it by inflating their egos.

Badal is no different.............if he was then Jatts farms would not be desserts and jatts families would not be ripped apart by putting brother against brother and their youth lost to drugs and alcohol.

That is complete rubbish- jat family feuds over land are a staple of jat cultural dynamics and have been for a LONG TIME. To make out like this is some new, modern phenomena just makes it look like you are in denial about the truth. As for jatts and alcohol - you seriously want to go into that? It's not for no reason that songs about jats drinking (jatt hogaya sharaabi) are best selling 'classics'.

Drugs I'd agree was a newer thing, probably a result of the failed 'war on terror' in Afghanistan, where a dislodged Taliban allowed opium growers to thrive and seriously increase output whilst the west looked the other way in fear of driving them into supporting the Taliban.

It's so sad that people purposely try to hide the facts, so Jatts can be labeled as the demon and the elites of other caste can take control and do the same to their own caste.

I doubt any other smaller group would blindly support a Badal equivalent amongst themselves like jats have done - seriously.

Only one leader of Punjab did not do this and the other caste demonized him to be a terrorist. The other caste saw him as a jatt even though he did not refer to himself as one. Sant ji helped these other caste out and they still back stabbed him and the Shaheed Singhs who stood up.

He did refer to himself as a jat actually, but not with the meaning of some big-shot, lord of the manor but rather a humble, simple peasant. There is a lot for today's jat to learn from that in my view.

^^^ I'd rather not discuss with a person who can't stop himself from swearing.

As I have proved, every community has those that will take the opportunity to exploit people for money and power. Some are just hell bent over attacking Jatts every second of the way. And for that mentality, other caste will suffer because their elites don't know how to behave or speak.

Every community has bad apples and one thing is that me, having my blood line from a Jatt family, won't sit back and let those Jatts who have worked hard to protect all caste from the same corrupt government be bad mouth by those other caste elite because simply they hate Jatts.

In the 80s these other caste elites used the common folks of these caste to go against Sant ji. Today they are using the same strategy to make the common folks go against those that are trying to help them. These elites whether Jatt, Ramgarhia, Aroa, etc in my honest opinion need to be dealt in a way where they can never expliot the common folks ever again. Send the message whoever you are, where ever you are, you can't expliot the common people anymore

@HSD

You tell me, what do YOU think jat societies future holds unless they firstly, frankly and openly admit and acknowledge their appalling treatment of other Sikhs and give up their infantile, fantasist, supremacist worldview WHOLESALE. And this persistent denial/playing down thing like whites do with racism is just pathetic (ala WLS, Shergil and co.)

Then (shock, horror) work with and cooperate with - and even take the leadership of intelligent capable members of other nonjat (and even nonSikh) members of Panjabi society who have a strong, inclusive, progressive vision for Panjab's future that doesn't hinge heavily on farming.

Frankly - I think a failure to do this on the jat majorities part could very easily seal their fate in a very negative way - if it hasn't done so already.

Send the message whoever you are, where ever you are, you can't expliot the common people anymore

If only it were as simple as that.

The real common people are the ones that jats are excluding from Gurdwaray and water wells and treating like scum back home. Wake up to that farmer.

Look closer to home to find those who REALLY have been exploiting the 'common folk' in Panjabi villages.

Despite God sent warnings to be humble I see that jats STILL carry in with their 'guiltless' nonsense.

Carry on - you'll only seal your own societies fate for the worse. No one else will have to do a thing - God will bring down the oppressive, false and haughty in his own time. We can witness that now.

Then (shock, horror) work with and cooperate with - and even take the leadership of intelligent capable members of other nonjat (and even nonSikh) members of Panjabi society who have a strong, inclusive, progressive vision for Panjab's future that doesn't hinge heavily on farming .

Tell that to the central government. They don't want to industrialize Punjab because it is a border state with a hostile enemy. Vast farmlands provide a good battle ground against Pakistan.

They will have to industrialize once the water runs out. It will run out. It's only a matter of time.

Tell that to the central government. They don't want to industrialize Punjab because it is a border state with a hostile enemy. Vast farmlands provide a good battle ground against Pakistan.

They will have to industrialize once the water runs out. It will run out. It's only a matter of time.

Good. Maybe jats can start to try and use their heads together (maybe lay off the bhangra, booze and smack for a bit?) and think up of some good plans? Anything beats waiting around and constantly whinging about central government to rescue Panjab - especially when they obviously aren't inclined to do so.

Whilst they are at it, maybe, just maybe, they could face up to some bitter home truths about why they are so disliked by everyone - other than wheeling out the old 'because they are jealous' buckwas that has been hidden behind for so long now.

We can hope huh? lol

Well you all know what I think from what I have posted here and on SikhAwareness.

Sikhi and casteism are like two boats. Some sit in one, some sit in the other and some have a foot in each. Now standing with a foot in each never does anyone on either boat any good.

No one is denying most of the casteists are Jatt, seeing as they form the largest group. This aint a dig aimed at Jatts, if we converted lots of whites/arabs/whatever, they would lord it over us if we couldnt assimilate them. Sikhi/Punjab cant assimilate all the castes and give them a common identity and hope for the future. It could, but no one wants to talk about national identity and self-reliance.

I dont have a problem with cutting in other castes if the ultimate conclusion is the eradication of caste practice by everyone.

You know my views about breaking up large land owner farms, encouraging people who dont want to farm to sell, setting a sustainable standard of farm size, allowing NRI owned land to not be farmed and giving two fingers to the Indian state when they ask where the food's gone. Industrialization wont be hard. German firms have factories they are expanding there and the East Asians are happy to invest in a place they can take seriously. With the Akalis gone, deras broken up and a purged Police force, EP could be an attractive place for investment for foreigners and NRIs. But how acceptable is change and new politics to East Punjabis? How many of them are on here? Most of us are the diaspora.

. But how acceptable is change and new politics to East Punjabis? How many of them are on here? Most of us are the diaspora.

Maybe we've had a severe 'brain-drain' from Panjab over the last half century?

Even the most well off backgrounds only seem to produce small minded youths who dream of nothing more than coming here and doing labouring/double glazing for a living?

What does that tell us.

No use blaming anyone but ourselves for this mess.