Non Punjabi Sikhs

rrss

Man, hsd2 is really bigotted....damn

Bigotted is going to a Gurudwara and then writing what looks like a restaurant review and putting it on the internet.

You may not see the bigger issues, or even the personal ones, but I cant help it.

Before slandering please provide examples too.

Dudes stop fighting. There’s a gora singh from Estonia at the local gurdwara. No one gives him looks. No one stares. And anyway he doesn't notice. Shouldn't we be focusing on katha/kirtan in the darbar rather than who’s looking at me or looking at others? People at my local gurdwara don't give a monkeys to non-Sikhs coming. They sit in langar like everyone else. Simple.

However, in America (I'm just guessing) Sikhs are used to be being looked at outside the gurdwara so maybe are a bit weary to see a non-sikh in the gurdwara. Obviously gurdware will be built in areas where there are Sikhs. Why would you build one across town if there are no Sikhs there? But really how many non-sikhs have you lot seen go and sit in darbar hall? I've not seen any. If they want help why don't they just ask? Besides how many non-punjabi speaking people are there at a gurdwara on weekdays? Maybe this penji has just been unlucky and been to a gurdwara where people are unfriendly. This is really wrong if they were and they should sort themselves out.

She is quite right in her assertions- punjabi tribalism have super imposed its influence on sikhi and it cannot be ignored, whether we like it or not or believe it or not..!!..once we realize what the problem is then we can look for solutions....Beside shared cultural significance, respect for elders, modest clothing etc -punjabi tribalism have nothing positive to offer to sikhi except self righteous, self loathing, self praising, self absorbed, self policing, self entitled, self privileged attitudes coming from punjabis. We are always on our high horse, walk around with entitlement, we except world to look at our problems only.

Newer generation sikhs which are not effected with group-jatha/samparda's/organization hyper attachment are finally realizing that people other than sikhs do exist in this world and are finally realizing that Khalsa job is to serve the whole humanity rather than our own punjabi tribal lot, they are finally realizing - tat meaning of khalsa set by sri guru gobind singh maharaj.

Recently Sikh activist network did amazing job of showing support of first nation indians here in Canada who are also fighting for their rights. They truly showed by their actions- khalsa represent all oppressed minorities not just their own. Thats is true khalsa way and true way to win public opinion of masses. Khalsa is there to serve humanity not there to serve community own tribalism..!!!!!!