The <banned word filter activated> Shaming of Sikh Sisters by their own Sikh Brothers.

GyanParbodh

Enough of sanjha smagams, ekta unity meetings all are futile if one hasn't addressed deep under lining issues in the panth and did some house cleaning... Hopefully senior people like osingh veer, ladli fuaja veer, khalistan_zindabad can post their input on this growing problem.

It seems the original poster is shooting his bandhook(gun) by placing it on the shoulders of women (for support) because he is bitter that no one supported his justification to trim his beard? right now there is a mass hysteria going on regarding women's rights. And I personally hope actions are being taken to safeguard women's rights and safety, but a lot of rogues are also jumping on this band wagon to justify their Manmat like this beard trimming dude here.

Please discuss issues based on their own merit instead of using women rights as your shield to further your manmat agendas.

True. I'd be more receptive to his views - as valid as they are - if I didn't get the impression he was grinding his axe with an ulterior motive.

Hee, hee "grinding his axe with an ulterior motive". How does that happen? :blush2:

The original poster is actually trying to learn more about Sikhi and apply it to his life at his own pace. He has actually ceased trimming his beard.

He is correct that some so-called Sikhs do bash Sikhs who haven't adopted the physical aspects of Sikhi and shame and embarrass them, not just on a personal level, but also in the public domain. This is plain wrong.

Instead of criticizing and demeaning individuals, who associate with Sikhi but have not adopted all its teachings, we should let them live as they choose and not interfere with how the conduct themselves. If they want to seek knowledge about Sikhi then by all means provide that for them in a loving manner. Otherwise, gotta stop the hate that comes from one too many "Sikhs".

I think the majority of our angry panthic police have embraced something of a gang mentality and are exacting some kind of revenge on the kind of people they feel marginalised by. If they were who they profess to be, they wouldn't have the time or the inclination to bully those who are probably living a lifestyle of apparent freedom and broad acceptance that they are at some level envious of. It is said that "A man convinced against his will is a man unconvinced still". Nobody is going to be bullied or shamed into embracing Sikhi. If these people are ever going to embrace this path, then they will do so by being made to feel comfortable, accepted and wanted. Give them that and there is the chance that they will want to be one of us and amongst us. Treat them with hate, and we become a barrier between them and the Guru. The self appointed Panthic Police might want to consider if that is something that they want on their conscience.

That quote is good.

I have always said that we should approach Sikhi with love and when reaching out to others, it should be with love.

Guru Nanak spread his message of Truth but he did it with love. Even the Zafarnama was written with love, not hatred for Guru Ji is beyond hatred and enmity.

So why as his Sikhs do we make enemies amongst ourselves and spread hatred? Is this Ego that causes us to act in this manner? I have seen people pushed away from Sikhi because of the actions of others. On the Ladder to God, we should be helping each other up instead of trampling on their heads and hands.

Living a life of Rehit is not the path of least resistance, it is the harder path. As such, individuals will embrace it to the degree that they feel that they can manage, and with Mahraj's grace will do better over time. Common sense would be to encourage those who wish to walk that path, and respectfully disagree with those that don't. Ultimately ones Rehit, or lack thereof is between the individual and Mahraj. Ultimately it is nobody else's business (unless of course the individual tries to misrepresent Sikhi, in which case an intelligent discussion is the way forward).

Too often people young and old take it upon themselves to be the Panthic morality police and conduct themselves in a way that simply makes them bullies. I have witnessed this first hand, and was surprised to have a young Amritdhari Singh who was too young to have any sign of a Daari refuse a handshake and haughtily inform me that it was "against his Maryada". He then went on to ask me where my Kirpan was, why it wasn't worn outside of my clothes, told me that my Daara should always be Prakaash and proceeded to sound off about how Sikh women dress "like Christmas trees" by wearing make up and jewellery , Facebook is for "Besharams"; and that was just him getting warmed up. This was clearly one deeply unhappy kid who was much more focused on hiding his insecurities from the world than anything else. It did not surprise me to later learn that he hand engaged in a campaign of terror against a young girl of similar age (whose Rehit did not meet his standards) by isolating her from her friends in Sangat. What he seemed to miss was that she was trying to move towards Mahraj, and he was doing a great job of pushing her the other way.

Having observed this behaviour in numerous different people, I can't help but feel there is the element of jealousy hiding under the self righteousness. Walking the path of Sikhi puts an individual in the minority. We experience judgement and prejudice from both inside the community and the world at large. It is natural that some people feel disadvantaged by the challenges that come attached to the unique roop Mahraj has blessed us with. Things may feel unfair, and people start to think "If I have it tough, why should they have it easy?".

I have seen bibiya gang up on girls for removing facial hair or threading eyebrows, Singhs gang up on guys for trimming, and everybody becoming fair game if they are seen to be fraternizing with the opposite sex. I have also observed that the holier-than-thou brigade do the same kind of fraternizing but are more adept at hiding it. One young Singh was proudly telling me about how he had been part of an internet smear campaign against another Sikh boy (for being interested in women God forbid!). Our panthic police officer went on to declare that marriage was not essential, and if so any discussion should be struck up by elders. If the youngsters had any desire to speak, they would have a brief conversation in Mahraj's Hazoori and under supervision. A few months later the same person is introducing me to "his Singhni" at a Gurdwara langar hall. How did they meet? She caught his eye while he was giving out Degh and he pursued it from there. There they were, fiances, yet unwed, and attending programs together. Where did the superior moral fibre go?

I think the majority of our angry panthic police have embraced something of a gang mentality and are exacting some kind of revenge on the kind of people they feel marginalised by. If they were who they profess to be, they wouldn't have the time or the inclination to bully those who are probably living a lifestyle of apparent freedom and broad acceptance that they are at some level envious of. It is said that "A man convinced against his will is a man unconvinced still". Nobody is going to be bullied or shamed into embracing Sikhi. If these people are ever going to embrace this path, then they will do so by being made to feel comfortable, accepted and wanted. Give them that and there is the chance that they will want to be one of us and amongst us. Treat them with hate, and we become a barrier between them and the Guru. The self appointed Panthic Police might want to consider if that is something that they want on their conscience.

JAHAN GYAAN TAHAN DHARAM

Guru Granth , Guru panth

People generally don't do PAATH OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB AND GURBANI VICHAR.

AND MOREOVER THEY EVEN HAVE FORGOTTEN GURU TEG BAHDUR JI SACRIFICED HIS LIFE FOR BRAHMINS.

Living a life of Rehit is not the path of least resistance, it is the harder path. As such, individuals will embrace it to the degree that they feel that they can manage, and with Mahraj's grace will do better over time. Common sense would be to encourage those who wish to walk that path, and respectfully disagree with those that don't. Ultimately ones Rehit, or lack thereof is between the individual and Mahraj. Ultimately it is nobody else's business (unless of course the individual tries to misrepresent Sikhi, in which case an intelligent discussion is the way forward).

Too often people young and old take it upon themselves to be the Panthic morality police and conduct themselves in a way that simply makes them bullies. I have witnessed this first hand, and was surprised to have a young Amritdhari Singh who was too young to have any sign of a Daari refuse a handshake and haughtily inform me that it was "against his Maryada". He then went on to ask me where my Kirpan was, why it wasn't worn outside of my clothes, told me that my Daara should always be Prakaash and proceeded to sound off about how Sikh women dress "like Christmas trees" by wearing make up and jewellery , Facebook is for "Besharams"; and that was just him getting warmed up. This was clearly one deeply unhappy kid who was much more focused on hiding his insecurities from the world than anything else. It did not surprise me to later learn that he hand engaged in a campaign of terror against a young girl of similar age (whose Rehit did not meet his standards) by isolating her from her friends in Sangat. What he seemed to miss was that she was trying to move towards Mahraj, and he was doing a great job of pushing her the other way.

Having observed this behaviour in numerous different people, I can't help but feel there is the element of jealousy hiding under the self righteousness. Walking the path of Sikhi puts an individual in the minority. We experience judgement and prejudice from both inside the community and the world at large. It is natural that some people feel disadvantaged by the challenges that come attached to the unique roop Mahraj has blessed us with. Things may feel unfair, and people start to think "If I have it tough, why should they have it easy?".

I have seen bibiya gang up on girls for removing facial hair or threading eyebrows, Singhs gang up on guys for trimming, and everybody becoming fair game if they are seen to be fraternizing with the opposite sex. I have also observed that the holier-than-thou brigade do the same kind of fraternizing but are more adept at hiding it. One young Singh was proudly telling me about how he had been part of an internet smear campaign against another Sikh boy (for being interested in women God forbid!). Our panthic police officer went on to declare that marriage was not essential, and if so any discussion should be struck up by elders. If the youngsters had any desire to speak, they would have a brief conversation in Mahraj's Hazoori and under supervision. A few months later the same person is introducing me to "his Singhni" at a Gurdwara langar hall. How did they meet? She caught his eye while he was giving out Degh and he pursued it from there. There they were, fiances, yet unwed, and attending programs together. Where did the superior moral fibre go?

Amazing post veer..!! please post more often !!