The Kundalini Yoga crew do it again ! Dancing to Bani !

Sevadar01

sevadar01,

paaji i have no personal "beef" with any one or any jathabandi/samprada..neither am i part of any jathabandi if you want to put me in a "group" then label me as that somebody who is in the "group" of the sadh sangat regardless of race colour or religion....you are quiet right that maharaj witnesses everything, everywhere...if guru nanak in his sargun roop was sitting in font of you reciting shadad would you really be dancing/or sitting spinning your head around...sri guru granth sahib maharaj is no different to guru gobind singh ji sitting in front of you...

what is the diference betwen the goreh dancing and most akj programmes ive personally been to and witnessed where majority (especially those on "stage") are screaming "croo, croo" and moving their heads back and forth and sideways in a very fast pace....i spoke to a few singhs at the programme asking what is this all about and all the responses were that it is the "ras" they are experiancing so therefore that body movements is an expression of that "ras"....so now we can argue that "dancing" standing up is also an expression of the "ras" they are experiancing....the fact that one is standing up and not controling their body is the same as one sitting and not being in control of their body but why do we tend to call the one standing a "dance" and the other sitting a spiritual experiance/.ras?..

im not condoning the gora rave as much as i dont condone the panjabi rave in darbar sahib...

sevadar01,

paaji i have no personal "beef" with any one or any jathabandi/samprada..neither am i part of any jathabandi if you want to put me in a "group" then label me as that somebody who is in the "group" of the sadh sangat regardless of race colour or religion....you are quiet right that maharaj witnesses everything, everywhere...if guru nanak in his sargun roop was sitting in font of you reciting shadad would you really be dancing/or sitting spinning your head around...sri guru granth sahib maharaj is no different to guru gobind singh ji sitting in front of you...

what is the diference betwen the goreh dancing and most akj programmes ive personally been to and witnessed where majority (especially those on "stage") are screaming "croo, croo" and moving their heads back and forth and sideways in a very fast pace....i spoke to a few singhs at the programme asking what is this all about and all the responses were that it is the "ras" they are experiancing so therefore that body movements is an expression of that "ras"....so now we can argue that "dancing" standing up is also an expression of the "ras" they are experiancing....the fact that one is standing up and not controling their body is the same as one sitting and not being in control of their body but why do we tend to call the one standing a "dance" and the other sitting a spiritual experiance/.ras?..

im not condoning the gora rave as much as i dont condone the panjabi rave in darbar sahib...

Bhai Shaib Guru Nanak's jhadi Jhoot IS in all 11 Guru's Ji and is still present in the form of Shri Guru Granth Shaib Ji Maharaj but it is us that have lost the eyes to see this.

:-)

*Jhagdi

Benjahmin Ji,

Thanks for posting your clarification. I also apologize myself and behalf of others- if any of posts in this thread come across as arrogant,ignorant and judgmental.

Gurbani talks about - vismaad(intoxicated meditational state of mind) and and sehaj (patience) state of mind. In Sikhism, both vismad and sehaj are carefully blended together one must strike a right balance specially when engaged with Gurbani and Sri guru granth sahib ji so one does not inadvertently come across as disrespecting gurbani and offending other sikhs.

In traditional Sikhism there are always been mastane sikhs(who are imbued in intoxicated meditation) and movements sprouting out naturally be it in coming across as dancing and other movements but with that being said even they have full understanding when it comes to be in darbar of sri guru granth sahib ji or listening to gurbani openly infront of wider public that to practice sehaj(patience), pay utmost respect(cover their hairs etc) while listening to gurbani and strike a right balance between vismad and sehaj state of mind while filtering out hyperism behavior so one does not inadvertently come across as disrespecting gurbani and offending other sikhs. .

It's very subtle, so full caution must be paid:

Some of dancing people do with spiritual songs- its natural and spontaneous and some of it its enforced- some what empty ritual..either way its very subtle... sometimes one think they are in spiritual trance or in vismaad but in reality they are in hyperventilate/hyperism state but at times depending on individual perception, emotions, devotion they could really be in vismaad or spiritual trance depending on Vahiguroo magentic pull of this jiv towards him..its very deep subtle difference between small drizzle of vismaad and hyperventilate/hyperism state..only vahiguroo know but with that being said, we should all be self aware of these things and all try to strike balance- sehaj and vismaad state of mind in our life.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=&ShabadID=1873

nirath karee eihu man nachaaee ||
gur parasaadhee aap gavaaee ||
chith thhir raakhai so mukath hovai jo eishhee soee fal paaee ||1||
naach rae man gur kai aagai ||
gur kai bhaanai naachehi thaa sukh paavehi a(n)thae jam bho bhaagai || rehaao ||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?SourceID=G&PageNo=&ShabadID=1873

nirath karee eihu man nachaaee ||

gur parasaadhee aap gavaaee ||

chith thhir raakhai so mukath hovai jo eishhee soee fal paaee ||1||

naach rae man gur kai aagai ||

gur kai bhaanai naachehi thaa sukh paavehi a(n)thae jam bho bhaagai || rehaao ||

Amazing, reminds of pure devotees of vahiguroo like - baba bulleh shah and rumi .thanks for sharing gurbani talking about sufi (internal) aspect of devotee life..!!!.!!!!

Amazing, reminds of pure devotees of vahiguroo like - baba bulleh shah and rumi .thanks for sharing gurbani talking about sufi (internal) aspect of devotee life..!!!.!!!!

Okay, I'm being honest now. We just spoke to Baba Lakhbir Singh ji about this clip and asked him about it being Gurmat or not (especially regarding being in vismaad etc.)

He replied that there is nothing Gurmat about it and that nothing about it is related to the Vismaad a Gursikh experiences.

The Shabad that I posted above is what Baba ji quoted and explained that it is not the body that's supposed to dance rather the mind. "naach rae man gur kai aagai ||"