Looks like its back

Hammertime007

How does that have ANYTHING to do with attacking a restaurant and the people inside it? Seriously Hammertime, you don't offer any solutions but simply cheerlead hooliganism as the Sikhi way of resolving a problem, it's embarrassing.

When Pakistanis are reported for grooming children they are termed as "asian" They were also termed as "asian" when the Bradford riots took place in 2001.

If Sikhs are reported for disorder they are called Sikhs.

You cannot trust this media The Gurdain and BBC are the worst.

We are not asian we are British Sikh nor are we part of The BBC Asian network.

But why are these Sikh girls like that? Ever thought about the 'everyone's equal' disney stuff that predators use to pray on their naivety? Or how Sikh boys are favoured for education, leaving Sikh girls with a working class mindset that is attracted to men of a similar socio-economic background? What about the failure of older Sikh generations to teach us about the mindset and culture of outsiders and how they perceive us? What about the lack of engagement of our Sikh sisters (or young people in general) in making them feel part of a Sikh nation? Or the monotony of life of third generation immigrants who view outsiders to have greener grass? Once a older Sikh told me that when he was growing up in the 80s a lot of Sikh girls used to moan about Sikh culture/identity/community being against women and making them feel stifled. A few years down the line they were pushing prams and dressed up like Ninjabis. How can anyone fathom what went on in those kinds of girls heads?

Brother, it is never as simple as one extreme of the other. There is a lot of depth to this issue, just go through some old topics or speak to some knowledgeable people to see what's at the root of this issue. To put the blame entirely at the doorstep of the victims is not going to resolve this.

HSD2 You stated the following : , " Once a older Sikh told me that when he was growing up in the 80s a lot of Sikh girls used to moan about Sikh culture/identity/community being against women and making them feel stifled. A few years down the line they were pushing prams and dressed up like Ninjabis "

Do u know any women this has happened to or is it just a kind of comic statement

I dont know them but he did. He's from the Midlands and it was in the late 80s but he saw the girls in the decade after. I dont think he was joking either - he tried to talk to her and she told him to get lost, this is really what happens. Some girls are raised so badly it's no wonder they're all over the place.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use